Everyone please read!

Started by NaplesRaptor, November 22, 2004, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaplesRaptor

We all need to sign up with this organization www.ARRA-access.com . They help with keeping land open or opening more land for recreational use.  

Qdawg76

been there done that, We all need to do our part ...
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Shotgun


Redgrizzly660


NaplesRaptor

Don't forget to sign up everyone in your family that rides.

Shotgun

I just told the old lady to sign up.

weekendwarrior1

I just went to sign up and found out that I'm already a member! ???

YAMAHONDAMAN

Hey Shotgun .... when she Hear's "old lady" ...ittle be like ...
WHO YOU CALL'N OLD !!! ????     ;D
GIT IT RAG      8)
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

Shotgun

#8
Good point  [smiley=Ouch.gif]

Chuck_Norris

I'M THERE [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

NPRVinson

I've been a member for almost a year.

Hiram

I signed up and sent our congressman a letter
04 White/Red Banshee (mines)
03 Yerf Dog 90cc (son's)

VForcedave

This is bigger than we really think. It forces people to ride in areas that are already restricted or private lands. Eventually there will be additional closures because of the additional riders to these areas. We are almost out of riding realestate in S. Fla.  What can we do other than sign up? Ride our quads to Tallahasee and park them in front of the capital building? What the hell.  
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

SkyHighT100

QuoteWhat can we do other than sign up? Ride our quads to Tallahasee and park them in front of the capital building? What the hell.  

OOOOH.. Boy do I like the way you think!!! Now that sounds like a blast! Hell, just the amount of people we have here on this site will make somewhat of an impact if were to do that.. not to mention if we posted flyers at all the bike shops!!! OOOOOH.. Set a date for this one, lol.. You can count me in!
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

VForcedave

I can visualize a run from Miami to the capital. One could do the whole trip or partial with deisignated stops at certain riding areas, private or public.. And have different groups assigned to specific parts of the route. kinda like the Olympic Torch. There would be permits, escorts, FHP, local po po etc. It could be bigger than one thinks. Besides it would be a blast. Anybody up for the Organization Commitee? I could not do this. Im a 8 to 5 guy with limited time for anything but the family and work. You also have FTR and a couple dozen groups across the state that can assist. Lets roll.      
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

big-daddy

How about using our trailers and when we get there we can unload them, It gets little rough on the back. florida  to washington. but if we can go up the coast line! I am down. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

COOLRAUL n DOXANNE

02 GRIZZLY 660 / 28' outlaws/ snorkels/ supertrapp pipe/3000lb Winch

bbf


jbbj220

I just signed up. Would be great if while the legeslature is in session if could go to the capital like the motercycles did some years ago. could trailer to a large parking lot then get escort to ride to capital.
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Yamahonda41

2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

OrlandoPredator

Tony

ish

i signed up the whole family.
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

semperfi13

Just signed up the whole famliy too ;D
1986 atc 200
1987 fourtrax 250
2004 honda 90
2005 Viper 90R
2005 Honda Rancher AT 4x4

GregsRancher

The ARRA is great but they are in washington fighting to keep federal lands open, not state. Looks like we need to get in touch with state organizations to continue the fight.

EMAIL I recieved when I emailed the ARRA with my concern

QuoteHi Greg,

Thanks for the email.  We've actually gotten several from people like
you
who are concerned about what is happening in Collier County.  I wish we
could do more from here, but since it is state land, there is not much
we
can do here in Washington, where we are working hard to keep access to
federal lands.

Another ARRA member sent this link to a discussion board that is
talking
about the issue right now, if you want to read some more about it:

http://www.atvflorida.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wheretoride;action=disp
lay;num=1099419535

There are some good organizations that are working hard in Florida to
help
keep lands open for riding.  If you haven't already, you might contact
the
National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council representatives in
Florida
as well as the state OHV association.  Here is their contact info:

NOHVCC contacts:
Jack Terrell
180 Sunrise Hill Lane
Auburndale, FL  33823
Phone, Home:  (863) 984-9294
Work: (863) 984-5311
Fax:  (863) 984-9235
E-mail: fltrlrdr@aol.com


Jenni Lamb
3165 Brentwood Lane
Melbourne, FL 32934
Phone: 407-752-7461
E-mail: ovine2@aol.com
Wayne Briske
8931 Scenic Hills Drive
Pensacola, FL 32514
850-476-7308
E-mail: wbblue272@cox.net

Florida Trail Riders
P. O. Box 531071
DeBary, FL 32713-1071
Contact: Dan George
Business Manager

Phone: 407-668-9700
Fax: 386-668-8421
E-mail: debarydg@bellsouth.net
Web: www.floridatrailriders.org



Please let me know if I can help you get any more information.  I know
the
fight to keep access in Florida is sometimes frustrating and difficult,
but
keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Evan Haglund
Americans for Responsible Recreational Access
www.ARRA-access.com
ehaglund@legstrat.com
2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4

vitaminsea

how about we go to george w's crib and do wheelies and doughnuts on the white house lawn he's an outdoors guy maybe he'll hook us up

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com