New ATV

Started by HondaracerBlake#5, September 21, 2005, 01:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which ATV should I get?

Brute Borce 750
8 (36.4%)
Polaris 800
2 (9.1%)
Rhino 660
8 (36.4%)
Rincon 650
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

HondaracerBlake#5

Does any one have a Rhino and if they do, are they fun?

FOREMANRON

A BUDDY OF MINE JUST BOUGHT IT IS BADDER THAN WE EXPECTED IT WENT THROUGH WASTE DEEP WATER WITH NO PROBLEM
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

bigscrub79

Chillin had one at the last eureka dam ride and that thing was awesome. I was amazed at the stuff it went through. I would highly recommend it on what i saw.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

stump66

Is there really any contest?? I mean fuel injected ,dual exhaust and its a Polaris.  8)

this is an article from atv magazine:

First I want to start off and state that I am not brand loyal. I filmed it also but I only have dial up so it would take too long to download, but I can tell everyone what the outcome was. It was awesome as I've never seen a Pull where every Big Bore was there.
Polaris 800
Bombardier 800
Kawi Brute Force 750
Kawi Prairie 700
Suzuki King Quad 700
2 Polaris 700's
Yamaha Grizzly 660
AC 650
Kawi Brut Force 650

Okay, first off, everyone thought the new BOMB would rock, well it was a JOKE along with the rest of them except 1. All the machines were pulling
4450.00 LBS on the SLED, I was amazed they would pull that weight alone. Instead of posting the exact distance I'll give the average as I'd have to go and watch the video again to see exact pulls. But they were all withing 2 feet of each other except the WINNER.
Yam
Kawi
Cat
Bomb
ALL PULLED 75-80 FEET MAX
King Quad pulled 70 FEET MAX, NO Bottom end power, lags for some reason. So bad that guys girlfriend was yelling at him to make sure it was in LOW on second PULL, he was pissed as it was. Even the 660 grizzly did better.

The CLEAR winner was the Polaris SPortsman 800 EFI, Full Pull 125 FEET

Now the Polaris did go first, so people started commenting, so I went over to the lad as I knew him and told him, no problem he had to run it again as his dad had ran it the first time and it was his turn. He also did a FULL PULL 125 feet.
Now there was a tie between Father and Son, so they had to go head to head to see who would win. They added weight on the foot of the sled the part that has the skid on it.
Father goes first and gets a FULL PUll again, but this time barley.
Son goes and hesitated off the line for a split second and LOST, got only 123 Feet. BTW it was the same bike they were using, just different drivers. Father won the first prize.

I couldn't believe the 800 Polaris was pulling an average of 50 FEET more then eveyone else, and its on film. And for those who will say the Polaris is much heavier, all the machines had equal weight as they had sand bags on them to make sure.
I tell ya one thing, you can see the POWER on the bottom end, when he'd take off the sled would be dragging quick.

I thought the BOMB would of done better as it had the same STOCK tires as the Polaris, and the KAWI had big horns on it, which should of helped it pull as there a good tire for that kind of thing but it did nothing.

Congrats Polaris, you sold a few machines that night.

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

stump66

 ;D  he ain't stuck

[attachment deleted by admin]
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

ppark350se

i wanna see that video just because sled pulls are aswome.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Qdawg76

I would like to see that Video also
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Kawa3

what are you looking for? mud, trails????
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Pepe

I bought 6 Rhinos when they first came out to export to Europe. The Rhinos Rock
2004 Green Yamaha Kodiak 450 Auto. 4x4

HondaracerBlake#5

I do all kind of riding. I ride trails, mud, and sand. But do the polaris's belt's slip when you go through water.

stump66

Not if the side cover is installed and sealed properly.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

HondaracerBlake#5

How do you know if it is sealed correctly. And if water does get in it, is there a plug that lets the water out.

Chuck_Norris

Out of the list I would choose the brute force, but take a gander at the oulander 800 by bombardia. I just saw the comparison dvd in the atv challenge. It did great

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

In the video Chuck is refering to the bomb out pulled and out ran all of them and in the 400cc pull the forman pulled a whole 2.5 feet WOW
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

ppark350se

but what video is it so i can check it out.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com