Jasper/Alapaha RIver Bed??

Started by Hollywood, September 19, 2005, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 22, 2005, 11:10:27 PM
I am almost 100% sure he doesn't have a digicam.

OK, I'll get some when I go, unless someone beats me to it.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 22, 2005, 06:01:15 PM
I talked to my buddy. He saw it last week, and it was still flowing.  :'(  His dad will check it again in the next day or 2 and let me know.
Any update on the river ? I don't want to drive the extra miles if I don't have to.
I'll be going by tomorrow it looks like, unless someone chimes in tonight.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Hollywood

Extra miles Bruce? It's only what...a mile off I-75. lol
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: QT314Nfla on September 20, 2005, 06:13:33 PM
How about for Veteran's Day weekend, November 11th?  It'll be a long weekend for some of us and we can ride more than one day.  I want to go on this ride.
not a bad Idea.

Moose

Quote from: Hollywood on September 24, 2005, 10:08:04 PM
Extra miles Bruce? It's only what...a mile off I-75. lol
It's about 40 miles from my camp to the river, and that's one way. Even if I check it out on the way, it's an extra 70 miles total. Not that far if I need to, but if I don't...............
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Hollywood

My bad man I thought you past right by it on 75 go to and from the camp. LIke I said if you don't make it I am going to get by there next weekend.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Moose

#31
Quote from: Hollywood on September 24, 2005, 11:36:31 PM
My bad man I thought you past right by it on 75 go to and from the camp. LIke I said if you don't make it I am going to get by there next weekend.
Yea, I read that others are thinking about trying to ride there soon, maybe next weekend. I was trying to get a report out for everyone, unless someone else went by in the last two days.

Would be nice to take my son there for his birthday, we'll see.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

If I don't hear anything before I leave, I'll go 75, catch it on the way, just 40 miles or so longer than going 19. If I can I'll ride up and down as far as I can and give a report, plus a few pics. I just hope all the pics don't come back all full of water.  :'(
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Da_Mtg_Man

Update.
Moose just called me to have me tell yall that the Alapaha is ready to ride. He said that the 41 bridge is normal. He rode for a few miles to check it out and said it was beautiful.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Hollywood

It's on then! To heck with the track I am getting new tires on the trailer and heading to Jasper Saturday! Can't afford the 6+ hour ride to Seminole anyway. I'll put up the post in the group rides section.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

qt314nfla

Sorry y'all I'll be at the Eureka Dam ride next weekend.  Oh well.  Have fun and take pics for me.

yesitsfast

well hello again everyone! just got back from the Alapaha tonight and i made a weekend out of it. i live about 15 mins from it and it was a long awaited session but we had a blast. got some boys from panama city coming down next week  some of yall get back with me if yall want to plan a ride with us!

yunt2ride

Looks like I know where I will be going next Saturday. Gonna take the tent just in case I decide to stay overnight. WooHoo
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Moose

Just got back in town from hunt camp, to much work.

The Alapaha is great again. Just be carefull of the water holes, I found one, way to deep and drowned my quad good. All OK now.
Here's some pics.

I-75 bridge heading that way, saw a jeep and a quad going by, so if they made it that far, should be good to go.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

Here's the 41 bridge onthe north side where we park, I parked where I always do.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

#41
Here's the south side of the 41 bridge.

2nd pic is looking down river at the bridge.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

#42
I went up river and got a pic of the rocks we posed on a while back when Blackbeast was there also.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

Here's the little water crossing we camped down from a while back.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

backinsaddle

looks beautiful.  definitely on my list of places to ride.

Hollywood

Man o' man I can't wait to get there tomorrow.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

jbbj220

Moose, I gave you karma for the pic's, that place looks great can't wait to get up there. Going to try and go with bigworm on Sunday the 9th. Just realized that is a long weekend may have to just go on Sat and camp.

   Jim,

   
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

remmy

Heading to Alapaha this Sunday.

Anyone else?
06  450ER
DG Front Bumper
DG Nerf Bars w/Heel Guards
Pro Design K&N w/outerwears
Opened up the air box
HMF Adjustable Needle - 3rd Clip
Aftermarket endcap
165 MJ - A/F - 2 turns out

PredaGator

A group of us rode Alapaha today and there are plenty of dry areas to ride in on either side of the overpass We did encounter some deep water sections that were unpassable but there was enough dry areas to ride all day without geting bored
2005 Polaris Predator