04 foreman winch contactor location

Started by Moose, September 16, 2005, 03:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

I just couldn't figure out a good place to mount the contactor, no place under the seat like I have seen. Didn't like the idea of putting it in the rear storage, it gets drowned quite often. Then as I was looking at it, I saw this void where the factory snorkle was. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it. 5 minutes later there it was. The tank cover and the seat almost touch it, but don't, worked out better than I could have dreamed. As you can tell I was worried where to put it, and am happy I found a place I like.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

SSRancher

03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

GSPKurt

Smear some silicone grease on the terminals and studs and nuts to prevent corrosion.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Moose

Here's the product I use for all corrosion problems. Have been using this since 1993, my outboard motor looks brand new under the cover.
I spray it on everything I want protection on. What sold me was in 1992 I went to a boat show and saw this 13" color tv turned on under water in a large tank. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Talked to the guys there, took some home and have been using it since. It's a little pricy, but you get what you pay for, do you want the best protection you can get?

I have found it for $16 to $18 last time I had to buy some, depending on where you get it. Might find a better price on line, haven't looked yet.

http://www.nocorrosion.com/corrosion-control.htm

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

GSPKurt

Quote from: Moose on September 18, 2005, 04:00:20 PM
Here's the product I use for all corrosion problems. Have been using this since 1993, my outboard motor looks brand new under the cover.
I spray it on everything I want protection on. What sold me was in 1992 I went to a boat show and saw this 13" color tv turned on under water in a large tank. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Talked to the guys there, took some home and have been using it since. It's a little pricy, but you get what you pay for, do you want the best protection you can get?

I have found it for $16 to $18 last time I had to buy some, depending on where you get it. Might find a better price on line, haven't looked yet.

http://www.nocorrosion.com/corrosion-control.htm



Where can I buy some around Gainesville?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

By a strange coincidence, a buddy of mine just called- he is in Crystal River at the West Marine and wanted to know if I needed anything for my boat. He has the Corrosion Block in his truck, and is stopping by tonight with it! It pays to have good friends!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Moose

West Marine has it, but the price is a little high. Homosasa Marine just a few miles south have it cheaper, $2. Not worth the drive, but when I pass through there I stop.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen