This is what big oil is doing to us

Started by stump66, September 09, 2005, 10:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stump66

 :banghead.gif

[attachment deleted by admin]
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

gery350

thats some funnystuff. too bad its true. :)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

cain73

Quote from: trx#9 on September 09, 2005, 11:37:51 PM
I didn't vote for him!


Hmmm so the oil industry is 1 person... that's intelligent ::)
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

stump66

#5
If the oil companies cared in the least about us they would take a slight hit on the 8 Billion dollar quarterly profit they are making and not jack us at the pump. Katrina was an excuse not a reason to raise prices.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Da_Mtg_Man

I agree but 3 cheers for Bill O'Reilly, He called for the big oil compnay's to donate 20% of the CEO's  annual income to hurricane relief. Well 3 days later we hear that Exxon donates 7 million. The CEO made 38mil last year so thats pretty close to 20%.
I heard that a few other oil companies are following suit.  :Clap.gif
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Numkut

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 10, 2005, 07:13:28 AM
I agree but 3 cheers for Bill O'Reilly, He called for the big oil compnay's to donate 20% of the CEO's  annual income to hurricane relief. Well 3 days later we hear that Exxon donates 7 million. The CEO made 38mil last year so thats pretty close to 20%.
I heard that a few other oil companies are following suit.  :Clap.gif

Not saying that that was a bad thing to do but if they can give away money, why can't they use that money maybe next year to lower the prices? Since allready are making major profit.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

i am in the flooring industry and if my competitors and I start charging more for our product it makes the whole industry standard pricing raise. if i raise it then I make more money, thats why I own my own business, to make more money. You cant really blame the ceo's for doing this, all you can blame is OUR need for the product, its called supply and demand, they have it to SUPPLY to us and they DEMAND that much money. If WE didnt need the fuel so much and rely on it so much like we have come to do in the past decades then the prices would be lower. Also take into account inflation. the national average gas price in 1980 was $1.25. With inflation, that is $3.17/gallon today. I also bet that the average income is higher than it was back then. I just wish people would stop complaining about gas prices.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com