Quad question

Started by Njoutlaw88, September 05, 2005, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

If I bought a honda utility quad that was 450cc how fast would it go about? Everyone tells me there slow. I want to get a sport quad but I cant find any that are higher ccs for a good price.

#74 crf250r

mike the ccs dont really matter as far as speed goes most utillity quads will go anywhere from 30-45mph
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

svtbolt04

For the price of a 450 ute.. You could have a 400 sport.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: svtbolt04 on September 05, 2005, 10:24:54 PM
For the price of a 450 ute.. You could have a 400 sport.

I would love a 400 sport. they dont have reverse which i think is stupid.

jwscroll

Most utes are not designed with topspeed in mind, so asking how fast they go is hard to answer.
The choice between UTE or Sport can be made easier by considering the terrain your riding, and the primary function of your machine. Is your machine going to be a toy or a workhorse.
Just some things to consider.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on September 06, 2005, 12:05:04 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on September 05, 2005, 10:24:54 PM
For the price of a 450 ute.. You could have a 400 sport.

I would love a 400 sport. they dont have reverse which i think is stupid.

quit bein a panzy and if you need to get off and lift it. Yes you may have to work a lil. Man your truely soft. ::)
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: jwscroll on September 06, 2005, 05:22:48 AM
Most utes are not designed with topspeed in mind, so asking how fast they go is hard to answer.
The choice between UTE or Sport can be made easier by considering the terrain your riding, and the primary function of your machine. Is your machine going to be a toy or a workhorse.
Just some things to consider.

it would be more of a toy. See I liked my old reacon because It handled like a muscle car. I could through out the bike eaisly.

GSPKurt

QuoteI could through out the bike eaisly.

What?!? :dunno.gif
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 06, 2005, 04:14:20 PM
QuoteI could through out the bike eaisly.

What?!? :dunno.gif

I threw out the back end of the bike.

96 warrior

my friends bombardier 330 h.o. go the same speed as my warrior, i dont know about honda utillity
96 (and a 98) warrior

svtbolt04

Man reverse...are you kidding? Z400/ KFX400/DVX400 ALL have reverse.

Those are the fastest factory 400's out.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

apkkfx400

Quote from: svtbolt04 on September 06, 2005, 06:38:54 PM
Man reverse...are you kidding? Z400/ KFX400/DVX400 ALL have reverse.

Those are the fastest factory 400's out.

What he said   ;D!!

NP04Foreman

Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on September 05, 2005, 09:52:42 PM
If I bought a honda utility quad that was 450cc how fast would it go about? Everyone tells me there slow. I want to get a sport quad but I cant find any that are higher ccs for a good price.

if its 2wd it'll hit about 45-52 thats what mine did but my new 4wd only hits 48 or 49
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: ForemanMudder87 on September 07, 2005, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on September 05, 2005, 09:52:42 PM
If I bought a honda utility quad that was 450cc how fast would it go about? Everyone tells me there slow. I want to get a sport quad but I cant find any that are higher ccs for a good price.

if its 2wd it'll hit about 45-52 thats what mine did but my new 4wd only hits 48 or 49

go on instant messenger.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com