desperation in new orleans

Started by gery350, September 01, 2005, 01:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gery350


http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9120777/

check out the video links. the desperation in new orleans video is the most dramatic. people(2 babies died of dehydration) are dying waiting for food  and water.

i  cant believe this is happening in this great country we live in.
thats like them stopping evacuation because of gunshots.
ok people we are gonna stop evacuation of thousands of people who are dying  because some idiot shot at a helicopter. rediculous.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

New Orleans is a 3rd World Country now  :'(
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Honda328i

We can drop food into war torn areas for victims.  Why the heck can't we have military helicopters drop water and food in to these people?  Unbelievable.  Who cares who's fault it is, just get-er-done >:(
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

MrsPureLogic

So sad.  Watched Dateline last night...went to bed so depressed and feeling guilty that I had a bed to lay in!  Especially after seeing all those people who are still in their attics and sitting on their roof waiting to be rescued.  Diapers being reused.......OMG......  :'(

cain73

It's horrible that a nutural disaster has struck. It's even more aweful that the people struck by this event have decided to turn into monsters themselves (not all of them). Instead of looting, robbing and shooting they/we should all be pulling together as American, as humans and taking care of the situation as best we can. It's a shame that instead of working together the first thing so many have done is see to the further destruction of that city by turning on each other and putting material desires before the essential needs of everyone. I saw a video where hundreds were looting and taking things instead of working together.  natural disaster does not mean that it's ok to rob, kill, or loot. When rescue choppers have to leave because people have started shooting at them it's time for drastic measures. They need martial law. Military control is the only way to achieve peace and order for now. The only way to care for those impacted by the devastation is to first make sure it's safe from the scum that have turned a natural disaster into a human caused one. Just another testimony of how society is developing.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: cain73 on September 01, 2005, 03:43:41 PM
It's horrible that a nutural disaster has struck. It's even more aweful that the people struck by this event have decided to turn into monsters themselves (not all of them). Instead of looting, robbing and shooting they/we should all be pulling together as American, as humans and taking care of the situation as best we can. It's a shame that instead of working together the first thing so many have done is see to the further destruction of that city by turning on each other and putting material desires before the essential needs of everyone. I saw a video where hundreds were looting and taking things instead of working together.  natural disaster does not mean that it's ok to rob, kill, or loot. When rescue choppers have to leave because people have started shooting at them it's time for drastic measures. They need martial law. Military control is the only way to achieve peace and order for now. The only way to care for those impacted by the devastation is to first make sure it's safe from the scum that have turned a natural disaster into a human caused one. Just another testimony of how society is developing.

I can't imagine what it must be like to lose everything and I wouldn't think twice about looting or killing  for my families protection if I was in a similiar situation.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Gamer

They should have already declared Marshall Law in there.  This has been pretty piss poor planning for that area so far.  When the city asked everyone for mandatory evacuations they should have made sure that it happend.  Those buses should have been there before the storm hit and got everyone out of there that could not afford it or did not have transportation.  It was known before the storm hit that the storm surge would go over the levee's.  I kept telling my wife that I can't believe there not providing transportation to get everyone out of there. I'm still in shock.

jwscroll

I agree w/ TRX. If you were to put me in that situation I admit I would do whatever it takes to feed and shelter my family and any family that joined us. If that means looting for food and water than so be it, the government has not existed down there for four days, no help, I'm doing whatever it takes.
How ever that would not include shooting at my rescuers or looting for profit, just survival.
My sister lived outside of Slidell until this past weekend. My nephew no longer has a school, his mom and dad no longer have jobs because where they used to work no longer exists. They were lucky enough to leave before hand, but they have no info on their house and no sure way to tell what the future holds.
They are currently somewhere in Huston( luckily staying at a garage apartment/emergency shelter that someone donated) and will be trying to get into LA on Monday so they can find out what happened to their house.
Please give your thoughts and prayers to all the victims of this terrible tragedy, and don't wait for the Benefit ride to donate. The RedCross needs help now.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

SkyHighT100

I heard a story on Fox News last night that was pretty cool. A bunch of churches are opening thier doors to help people. Members of the churches (who have extra rooms in thier homes) are opening up to house families. I think this is so cool.. and that people around the country should do the same (if they can). It is so much better for the effected people to have help from individual families, then be couped up in a shelter, unable to start rebuilding thier lives. It takes a lot to open your home up to strangers, but man, the impact that would have. My heart goes out to all of those people that got hit. Most of them were below the poverty level as it was... and now they truely have nothing..... speaking of being below poverty... I dont understand why there's hours and hours of late night info-mercials trying to get people to send money to adopt a child in starving countries overseas.... HOW can we do that when their are people in our own country living below the poverty level??? Thier are still communities all over the US with no power and phones... I just dont get it.  ???
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

enniehall

I just keep imagining the sceen from all the zombie movies where their are masses and masses of zombies attacking humans (each other) for food, water these poor people are desperate could you imagine in a couple of days if we did drop food and water for them they'd kill each other and probably the suppliers.   Florida was lucky once again.
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

gery350

Quote from: enniehall on September 02, 2005, 02:21:44 PM
I just keep imagining the sceen from all the zombie movies where their are masses and masses of zombies attacking humans (each other) for food, water these poor people are desperate could you imagine in a couple of days if we did drop food and water for them they'd kill each other and probably the suppliers.   Florida was lucky once again.


i was thinking the same. it looks like a scene from dawn of the dead.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

grass-catcher

Dont give a F#$K who's fault  it is with the planning.Lets get these
people some food and water.Also the people in Miss need the same
supplies.It is terrible to see such tragedy but I am seeing the good
coming out in a lot of people.Here in the panhandle we have a large
number of displaced people stranded.And people are giving with all
the caring and love they can.Donations and feeding people in shelters who are stuck.God  bless all these people they are going
to need it and all the love we can spare.

americanhighlander

Something with hurricane had mess up people minds screw up.I have been watching fox news all day today the presdent should show up early  and  help crews.That how long hurricane andrew help crews took at least 1week.Samething what they going through In la.

I know those gangs are piss off at world what do you repect
they don't have no food or water and heat wave gets to their brains and those muggy nights hard sleep  and even outside on roof or at dome in La and some of them could outside sleeping on sidewalks and streets or on bypasses.I know how that feels.I know alot more have people in this hurricane hit gulf coast states.And gas prices are going be up for while utill they start getting shipping suppys they have one oil rig running full and next week we should know about that.

I live 10days of aftermath andrew I know what  they  are  feeling like.Just like me once.


thanks, 8)
Richard

tell your family members that
live in LA tell things will get better as you go.I hope
your all okay. :'( The kids is one bad they remeber bad scars for rest
their lifes talking them makes them feel bad in some ways but they remeber winds very well and they might have nightmares weeks to come and if they hear wind sound they will start laying in ground.
I wouldn't live in new orleans again if something happen
like again.That why for last 12years I'm been watching tropcals
and keeping an eye on hurricanes if one hit here i would head for
knoxville tn to ride it in mountains.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

MrsPureLogic

Quote from: Gamer on September 01, 2005, 04:25:50 PM
They should have already declared Marshall Law in there.  This has been pretty piss poor planning for that area so far.  When the city asked everyone for mandatory evacuations they should have made sure that it happend.  Those buses should have been there before the storm hit and got everyone out of there that could not afford it or did not have transportation.  It was known before the storm hit that the storm surge would go over the levee's.  I kept telling my wife that I can't believe there not providing transportation to get everyone out of there. I'm still in shock.

Amen.  Poor planning.  Bull$hit in my opinion.  These people should have never experienced these conditions for an ENTIRE week!!  Those poor old people dying in the streets and those infants and babies barely hanging on....it's DISGUSTING!!!  At this point, look past "who to blame" and FEED these people!!

caospop

Guys when the cops are quitting... There is something wrong.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

AintSkeered

If the current administration was so smart and confident that their actions/response to this emergency were appropriate, they'd order an immediate congressional investigation before the Dems do it!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com