One thing you dont like about the 04-06 YFZ 450

Started by 2006YFZ450, August 31, 2005, 12:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1 thing you dont like about the YFZ's

No Reverse
Power
Brakes
Handling
Top Speed
Price

2006YFZ450

What's the one thing that you dont like about the YFZ 450's 04-06
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX450R_Racer

No offense, but the polls are getting out of hand.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MxRacingChick21

Since it isn't an option I just wanted to say I dont like the seat or the stiffness of the throttle. Other than that I love it!
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

Toomey

I don't like the way they look.  I also say they should come with a kickstart right from the factory, instead of having to convert it to use one.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Quad32x

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 13, 2005, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: Quad32x on September 13, 2005, 05:37:17 PM
It  smells  funny. :spit.gif

Who told you to smell it?  ;D
Chillin  did ! ???   I  think  its  cause  he  had  been  fartin  on  the  seat. :-[ :( ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

apkkfx400

Quote from: gery350 on September 12, 2005, 02:17:41 PM
.....its faster than my warrior! ;D ;D ;D

LOL-same here...

also don't like the way the MSRP sticker looks either!!

arod

you left out one of the biggest gripes! THE SEAT!!!!!!

Flea_Jumper

IF you would get up of the seat you might find out how great it rides.LOL  I love mine, especially when I go by those Hondas.

Hollywood

Quote from: Flea_Jumper on September 24, 2005, 02:45:35 PM
IF you would get up of the seat you might find out how great it rides.LOL  I love mine, especially when I go by those Hondas.

I got a Honda you can TRY to go by if you'll bring your butt to the track with me sometime! ;) lol
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Flea_Jumper

I believe you are going down to Seminole arent you?  We are going to try. I am almost 99%sure.  Call me let me know.

~Demon_Boy~

id like reverse on it but of course i trail ride so... but id like reverse to back up when there is a dead end.

Hollywood

Quote from: Flea_Jumper on September 25, 2005, 04:10:38 AM
I believe you are going down to Seminole arent you?  We are going to try. I am almost 99%sure.  Call me let me know.

Nah bro I had to back out just don't have the extra funds right now for a weekend trip which is what that would be since it's 6+ hours from home so I am just going to go to Japser. Maybe next time but I am planning to go to either Paxx, Waldo or Bostwick the following weekend if your up for it.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Honda250ex

The YFZ is awsome but it really sucks without reverse.
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

svtbolt04

Sometimes I wish I had reverse, but when I back up, I know that I have the best bike for racing out.

I like the new arms, people ask me who makes them all the time.

The front tires are cheap, popped both of them at seminole on the trail course.

Steering is really easy, but that is good AND bad. You clip a tree and you will feel it.. Trust me.

The power? Man, all you could need, suspension setup and you are done, anything else is just to add to make your opponent cry.

A bad thing, when you ride one, look down to check if your leg is on fire. I know times that I have been in a race and smell somthing weird, then I remember I put on deoderant so it's not me, look down and my boot is real dark in one spot.

Hmm, not much else to say about it.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Honda250ex

#19
Oh yea the seat is to Hard, it does'nt have full 450cc, and the the A-arms are plain. Well.............. They fixed that alright!! ;D
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

svtbolt04

Umm, neither does honda offer a full 450... The 06 was the FIRST to have a 449cc bike.


The seat isnt bad on the 06 either.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

2006YFZ450

My header pipe always burns me when I dont have boots on it's way too close to your leg.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

klutchbuster400

hmm what i dont like about it.........................................................................ok, what i dont like about it is that i dont have one!

400EX

i dont like the chain adjustment on the 04's and 05's
2004 yfz 450: i'd have to kill ya if i told ya whats done to it.

2000 Honda 400EX: white brothers R-4 exhuast, ITP holeshot tires,DG nurf bars, AC font bumper, TAG handle bars, works shocks

svtbolt04

Ok, let me give you a review on the carb.


Great carb, but what a pain to get out of the frame. The bowl is really hard to get to and guess what? THEY USED PHILLIPS HEADS TO HOLD THE BOWL ON!!! To make it worse, they have no grip so you can loosen them before you try to take a screw driver to it. Well, since you CANT loosen them with a regular pair of vise grips you have to try the screwdriver.. BAD IDEA!! I stripped 3 out of the 4 out. If I were you, I would take out the carb, take a hack saw and make a nice groove to get a flat head screw driver in there to take off the bowl and replace them with hex head bolts as soon as possible.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.