Official Croom Thread

Started by mrbones, August 30, 2005, 06:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

Here's an interesting article about Croom from the St Pete Times, Nov 3, 1973. They refer to it as the Buttgenbach Mines Recreation Area.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=n8YNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JHMDAAAAIBAJ&dq=brooksville%20florida%20croom%20track&pg=4804%2C2364442
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

pywacket1955

#151
How is Croom these days?  Its been awhile since the family has
gone up.  We quit because of the people.  We are thinking about
giving it a try soon. I hear the OAS closed down.  Thats a big lose
it was nice to have the bike shop right there. Any in put will help.
Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES

ilovehondas

Quote from: pywacket1955 on April 19, 2010, 08:26:26 PM
How is Croom these days?  Its been awhile since the family has
gone up.  We quit because of the people.  We are thinking about
giving it a try soon. I hear the OAS closed down.  Thats a big lose
it was nice to have the bike shop right there. Any in put will help.
Croom is great as always! OAS is now under new ownership and its called Croom Pit Stop.
Blue, Yellow, Green, or Red...as long as its a Honda.

patches206

   Give it a shot you will keep coming back.  I ride with friends and family out their and its great, have been riding since 1997 at Croom and its just gets better each year. 
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

pywacket1955

Thanks for the replies. How much are the passes now?
I know the first of July it changes again.  Also do
they lock the entry gate at nite? I think thats why alot
of people stopped going to the Big Scrub. I don't like
to feel lock in or traped.
Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES

mrbones

I hear Croom will be closed for the month of August for paving the main road that runs from front to back. Can anyone confirm?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

patches206

When I asked at the gate two weeks ago this is what they told me.    They had plans for June, that was pushed off to July, now it looks like August.  They said they will try to post it at the gate house to give folks some warning.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

zman03

Thanks for the heads up!!!  I hope those of you that freaquent Croom can keep gettin updates and passing on the info?  I know from the posts on this forum that some riders go there on a weekly basis and any info you guys can give us is greatly appreciated!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

pywacket1955

Is it crowed on holidays.It used to be you couldn't get on camp site
on a holiday weekend. Is the poor economy keeping people away?
Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES

zman03

I was there one weekend years ago with over 1500 attendees that weekend and DIDNT have any issues with too many people on the trails, parking was tight but those were the good ol'e days!!!    Crowded nowadays at croom is pretty good conditions. Talk to the rangers, they are pretty cool if they get to know you and of course if you follow the rules.
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

mrbones

Have they started working on the main road yet?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Andy9933

Quote from: mrbones on July 08, 2010, 03:06:44 PM
Have they started working on the main road yet?

They made it wider and graded it but no asphalt.
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

PaulH

Can you ride tandem at Croom on a standard atv?  I don't see anything on their web site that says you can't.  I'd like to take my wife for a ride and I don't have a two person atv.

zman03

I think if you stay outta sight you'll be OK but NO you cannot ride 2 up unless the atv is designed for it by the manufacturer. I am not telling you to do it though! your on your own with this one.
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

patches206

They enforce the rules, if the unit is a one person, its one person only.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

zman03

whats up with the gate closing at 5 pm?    I saw it on another website and it said gate now closes at 5 pm
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

z400250

Quote from: zman03 on October 06, 2010, 02:10:25 AM
I think if you stay outta sight you'll be OK but NO you cannot ride 2 up unless the atv is designed for it by the manufacturer. I am not telling you to do it though! your on your own with this one.

I've watched a ranger give a warning for it, not 20 mins later the same people were ridin double and caught again. He then issued a ticket for it, the ranger said if they are caught again they will lose there sticker.
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

z400250

Quote from: zman03 on November 02, 2010, 12:15:20 PM
whats up with the gate closing at 5 pm?    I saw it on another website and it said gate now closes at 5 pm

they have a sign up at the gate now and I think it said 6pm. there is a ranger on premisis that will let you out if your late but repeat violaters will lose their stickers!!!
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

choiceelectric

i thought croom was more for dirt bikes have they changed our is there an area designated for just atv

gmb357

is anyone ever gonna groom some parts of croom, its all whoops so not much speed can be achieved, and sometimes its just not any fun its very bumpy..thnx

z400250

Quote from: gmb357 on November 22, 2010, 09:03:21 PM
is anyone ever gonna groom some parts of croom, its all whoops so not much speed can be achieved, and sometimes its just not any fun its very bumpy..thnx

I was there 2 weeks ago and was runnin 5th wide open on some of the groomed trails!!!!!
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

gmb357

perhaps you should go pro and get paid for your talents

KFX400 NPR

Try S trail it is very smooth

zman03

any new pics of the paved road at CROOM???
Youve gotta pin it to win it!