best mx tires

Started by WOODY_450r, August 29, 2005, 10:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WOODY_450r

What are the best size tires for racing mx?
What type would be the best?
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

WOODY_450r

#1
18's i think smaller if im wrong correct me
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

Mrs.Nightbreed

#2
I just deleted that sorry :-[

Definately the Holeshot MXR's on the rear. Most people I know run the 18's which I would recommend except I am not sure if 19's would work better being that the Raptor is such a big bike...


WOODY_450r

I wont crazy acceleration for getting the holeshot, and also acclereating out of the corners.
     THANKS
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

Mrs.Nightbreed

and 20's on the front.

How well you hook up on the holeshot and coming out of turns depends on track conditions too. Holeshots are the most universal though.

cain73

I agree with the suggestion on size, but would recommend Razr's over the holeshots. The tread is similair but a little better on the Razr's it's a little wider with better defined grooves to bite better.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

WOODY_450r

WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

Nightbreed

Like the MRS said,
  If you went to 20 different tracks, you would find that 90% of atv racers run Holeshots.  They are by far the most universal, and best selling tire for any atv shop. There is also a new Holeshot SX that will be coming out soon.

Now, to be prepared for any track condition, you had better have a set of every tire out there, for every circumstance. Between the wife and I we have, Holeshots, Kenda klaws, Turf Tamers, Razors. All 18 rears, 20 fronts.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

WOODY_450r

Thanks for all the help going to get some this weekend
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com