Reasons I HATE croom. Boycott it

Started by Njoutlaw88, August 17, 2005, 12:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

Croom has been around since the 70s and it seems like they havent taken care of it since then. The one trail i really dislike is the one along the fence because the trees are over grown.

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 18, 2005, 02:19:47 PM
I don't mean to brag but if they gave me some money I could easily make the place one of the best spots in the country. It has great potential (however you spell it)

LMAO aint gonna do it by putting gravel down. Either suck it up or find someplace else to ride. Whoops are part of riding!!!!
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on August 18, 2005, 06:15:52 PM
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 18, 2005, 02:19:47 PM
I don't mean to brag but if they gave me some money I could easily make the place one of the best spots in the country. It has great potential (however you spell it)

LMAO aint gonna do it by putting gravel down. Either suck it up or find someplace else to ride. Whoops are part of riding!!!!

i'm not saying you can get rid of whoops. i am saying they should maintain the park with the 50 dollars i pay to get in.

qt314nfla

The one way trail system has been used at other parks.  They are working on that in Ocala to the best of my knowledge.  It would be a great idea.  I hate leading a group because I will NOT ride at my potential due to the fear of head on collision.  But then that may be what they want is to not have ppl riding balls to the wall through there.

We all know what happens....everytime there is a major accident the fence off another riding area.  Rather than creating a solution they close an area or make it very difficult to get to that area.

I'd think they would make more money if they would offer a weekend pass option as well as the annual pass.  Most other off road parks around the country offer both. 

All good suggestions except for the gravel on the trails.  Not into that much road rash if I wreck.

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 18, 2005, 08:41:44 PM
The one way trail system has been used at other parks.  They are working on that in Ocala to the best of my knowledge.  It would be a great idea.  I hate leading a group because I will NOT ride at my potential due to the fear of head on collision.  But then that may be what they want is to not have ppl riding balls to the wall through there.

We all know what happens....everytime there is a major accident the fence off another riding area.  Rather than creating a solution they close an area or make it very difficult to get to that area.

I'd think they would make more money if they would offer a weekend pass option as well as the annual pass.  Most other off road parks around the country offer both. 

All good suggestions except for the gravel on the trails.  Not into that much road rash if I wreck.

Believe it or not they have this great kind of rock, its not exactly gravel its something else that doesn't get kicked up when you ride in back of someone. I rode on it all summer.

apkkfx400



Believe it or not they have this great kind of rock, its not exactly gravel its something else that doesn't get kicked up when you ride in back of someone. I rode on it all summer.
Quote

Nj-believe it or not-I think it's called crack rock!!

cubnfrank

NJ, You got punked ;),   Let me guess you really don't like croom......mmmmmm... then don't go. Less people the better ;D
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

Yamaha72

the rock idea is definently a bad idea. What if you fall??? a bunch of rocks would hurt 27,000 times more than some sand and dirt. Whoops are fun if you know how to ride them.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

dreth

for all you people that think that a 1 way trail system with no whoops is dangerous you should go to DURHAMTOWN PLANTATION  and ride! it is ths safest ride you will ever have!!!!!!!!

the rock idea, is a VERY BAD IDEA! i have been hit by a roost of sand that i thought was gonna knock me off my bike let alone ROCKS!

I agree that a daily pass as well as AN annual pass would be better and more profitable for the park!

i will never go back to croom as long as the forest is open due to the number of riders vs the amount of space! you are 100 times more likely to hit another rider ther than you are in the forest.

as for those that dont like us speed riders, well thats part of riding! just like riding slow, or in the mud, or on a track! its what we like to do so dont knock other types of riders!

ITS PLAIN AND SIMPLE! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT GO OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

Ride1Rob

What Dreth said... 110 percent. I love to ride as fast as my bike will take me. I haven't been to Croom but I've been to Ocala plenty of times and get out into the Forest and rarely see any other bikes. No annual fee, alot more trails, space, but there are whoops. That's just a part of riding. We're having a speed ride Sept. 3 starting out at Big Scrub. Come check it out.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

clancooler

i was at croom a few weeks ago and the big section of whoops from the first to second day was smoothed out, and was able to hit full speed.
2004 DVX 400
full White Bros Pro Alum. Exhaust
Oneal Bars
Honda Throttle

susieblazer

   OH cool so this means now Croom doesn't suck!!!
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: clancooler on August 21, 2005, 07:13:20 PM
i was at croom a few weeks ago and the big section of whoops from the first to second day was smoothed out, and was able to hit full speed.

what part of the park.

dvx400#1

well if you don,t like croom then don't ride it, after all you're the one that hates it wich is cool and all, but it doesn't mean that everyone dislikes it. i mean is your opinion and only a opinion not a fact. oh yeah why worrie about croom if you don't have a job and no gas money to get there them you don't have to worrie about riding there.

oh by the way i heard mcdonals is hiring. (jk)

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: lt250r on August 22, 2005, 11:05:54 AM
well if you don,t like croom then don't ride it, after all you're the one that hates it wich is cool and all, but it doesn't mean that everyone dislikes it. i mean is your opinion and only a opinion not a fact. oh yeah why worrie about croom if you don't have a job and no gas money to get there them you don't have to worrie about riding there.

oh by the way i heard mcdonals is hiring. (jk)

Look This thread wasnt ment to be offenceive. It was just ment to tell you why I don't like croom because people always ask me why I dont ride there. Oh and by the way I have worked crappy jobs like mcdonalds. I'm waiting until something better comes along.

ronny86250r

Quote from: dreth on August 21, 2005, 01:19:24 PM
for all you people that think that a 1 way trail system with no whoops is dangerous you should go to DURHAMTOWN PLANTATION and ride! it is ths safest ride you will ever have!!!!!!!!

the rock idea, is a VERY BAD IDEA! i have been hit by a roost of sand that i thought was gonna knock me off my bike let alone ROCKS!

I agree that a daily pass as well as AN annual pass would be better and more profitable for the park!

i will never go back to croom as long as the forest is open due to the number of riders vs the amount of space! you are 100 times more likely to hit another rider ther than you are in the forest.

as for those that dont like us speed riders, well thats part of riding! just like riding slow, or in the mud, or on a track! its what we like to do so dont knock other types of riders!

ITS PLAIN AND SIMPLE! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT GO OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!
dreth were you behind those 2 strokes again getting blasted with dirt? :o

caospop

and i'm not whining i just think they should improve it.   Yes you are whinning
2007 Polaris Sportsman

caospop

Quote from: bigscrub79 on August 17, 2005, 11:57:57 PM
I will tell you what, if you ride behind Da_mtg_man when he is on his King Quad you would much rather have sand than pebbles.  i dont see how pebbles or rock would be a good idea.

Been there done that  >:( >:( >:( It sucks
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: caospop on August 22, 2005, 09:03:47 PM
Quote from: bigscrub79 on August 17, 2005, 11:57:57 PM
I will tell you what, if you ride behind Da_mtg_man when he is on his King Quad you would much rather have sand than pebbles.  i dont see how pebbles or rock would be a good idea.

Been there done that  >:( >:( >:( It sucks

you guys are wimps. Mudzillas don't throw much of a rock roost.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

RL400

complain about places we can ride, complain about places we can't ride.  its a non-stop cycle.

apkkfx400

Quote from: RL400 on August 22, 2005, 09:44:05 PM
complain about places we can ride, complain about places we can't ride.  its a non-stop cycle.

True.

rubicon500kid

look opinons  r like @$$ holes every body has them ur just stinks more then others  ;)
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

YamahaWarrior350

I just say go to Suinshine MX. In Pinellas Park

310R_Dude

Quote from: YamahaWarrior350 on August 25, 2005, 05:48:13 PM
I just say go to Suinshine MX. In Pinellas Park

Great, now you are gonna spawn the thread:

"Reasons I HATE Sunshine MX. Boycott it"

Becuase that is the general opinion about that place too.

LOL
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

Njoutlaw88


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com