a good question

Started by KXKID, August 14, 2005, 10:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KXKID

why do we have to wear seat belts in cars but you dont have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle¿

KXKID


Dr.Dirt

Quote from: KXKID on August 14, 2005, 10:27:15 AM
why do we have to wear seat belts in cars but you dont have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle¿


Because people are stupid. They can give big tickets for you not wearing your seatbelt and say "We are just trying to save lifes." But yet it isnt a law to have to wear helmets on a motorcycle. What about their lifes? Even though I am young I have know people that have died from not wearing their helmets on motorcycles. I think the law makers care more about their money than peoples saftey.

gtnwood

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on August 14, 2005, 10:41:54 AM
Quote from: KXKID on August 14, 2005, 10:27:15 AM
why do we have to wear seat belts in cars but you dont have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle¿


Because people are stupid. They can give big tickets for you not wearing your seatbelt and say "We are just trying to save lifes." But yet it isnt a law to have to wear helmets on a motorcycle. What about their lifes? Even though I am young I have know people that have died from not wearing their helmets on motorcycles. I think the law makers care more about their money than peoples saftey.
What??????
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

SkyHighT100

I dont think wearing seatbelts or helmets should be a law. It is peoples personal preference if they want to wear one or not.. they know the risks. Just another way of the goverment slowly taking away all of our freedoms.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Ida_Mann

I agree with you mostly Ash, I think that if someone is involved in a wreck and injured when not wearing a seat-belt, or a helmet on a motorcycle,,,,they should be charged a percentage, or the whole bit for the ambulance ride, and a certain amount to be determined for the police/fire involvement.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Dr.Dirt

gtnwood, if you did not get what I was saying than I guess I must summarize it for you. Basically, what I was saying is that the lawmakers are stupid by saying that they are looking out for peoples life's by making a law that would ticket someone for not wearing a seat belt but they don't have a law for motorcyclists and helmets. So I don't really believe that they care about safety, I believe that they are really just trying to make money by writing tickets because they know a lot of people don't wear seatbelts. Do you get what I'm saying now?

cutngrs

any one who rides a bike without a helmet is stupid  just my 2 cents ;D and law maker are the same :(
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: cutngrs on August 15, 2005, 04:21:25 PM
any one who rides a bike without a helmet is stupid just my 2 cents ;D and law maker are the same :(

Well said, I just think it is really stupid when I see motorcyclists riding and they have their helmet on the helmet holder and not on their head.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: SkyHighT100 on August 15, 2005, 12:20:44 PM
I dont think wearing seatbelts or helmets should be a law. It is peoples personal preference if they want to wear one or not.. they know the risks. Just another way of the goverment slowly taking away all of our freedoms.
I think it should be a law to wear your seatbelt. That's the only thing that makes some ignorant parents buckle up there pre teen children. Trust me, if it wasn't a law you would see alot higher percentage of minors going thru windsheilds.

susieblazer


  I would rather use  seatbelt than end up through the windshield or pinned under flaming wreckage......also helmets are a good idea........I quit riding my motorcycle at 16 ( my parents sighed in relief) when I saw a guy( had a helmet on) from an accident, with brain matter all over the road.............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

SkyHighT100

Of course a law for children, lol. They arent old enough to make decisions on thier own.. I was mainly talking about adults. At 18+ you know the risks and are able to decide for yourself.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

backinsaddle

If people don't want to wear helmets, it's dumb as dumb can be...but it's there life....only one problem, don't make me pay more insurance for the additional costs when they get seriously injured

enniehall

Motorcyclists do not represent any greater potential cost to taxpayers than a person driving a car or engaging in any other activity with a potential risk, be it skiing, horseback riding, or climbing the stairs in the house. Motorcycle accidents represent less than one percent of all vehicular accidents. Compared with automobile drivers, motorcyclists represent a minuscule part of all motor vehicle accident costs...Motorcyclists generally exhibit a high rate of voluntary compliance with use of helmets. Where helmet use is not required by law, rates of use typically range from 60 to 75 percent. Rates as high as 82 percent have been achieved with active promotion of voluntary use, and in no case does voluntary use fall below 50 to 55 percent, far exceeding the voluntary use rates for automobile seat belts, and comparing favorably with rates of compliance achieved with mandatory seatbelt use laws...Laws mandating helmet use at all times have no significant effect on the safety of motorcycling in general, which is evident by the following Michigan statistics:

Plus I believe that motorcycles and motor vehicles are in a completley different class therefore similar laws do not apply kind of like off-road vehicles and motor vehicles.

And if you'll bring up the question why is it legal for motorcyclist to ride with out a helmet you should also ask why itlegal for off road riders to go without wearing  helmets.  Granted we don't face the same dangers on the highways as a motorcyclist would we do still face many other obsticales such as other careless riders, large drops, trees so on and so on...It is rider discretion, you have the choice to protect your own life.
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

RAP04

Another good question.

Why is it that Marijuana is illegal when there is not 1 known death related to smoking marijuana yet cigarrettes are legal and they kill millions.......

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: RAP04 on August 30, 2005, 03:32:06 PM
Another good question.

Why is it that Marijuana is illegal when there is not 1 known death related to smoking marijuana yet cigarrettes are legal and they kill millions.......

Can't tax what naturally grows. :o
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Old_School

I think if you're going 70 mph on a bike and you T-bone someone I don't think that a helmet is gonna help. You're pretty much screwed if you have any accident on a bike. That's the risk bikers take. Now cars there is a survivable space in an automobile to withstand a accident. How many bikes you see carrying passengers compared to cars? Cars are the vast majority. -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Bigscrb15

Quote from: RAP04 on August 30, 2005, 03:32:06 PM
Another good question.

Why is it that Marijuana is illegal when there is not 1 known death related to smoking marijuana yet cigarrettes are legal and they kill millions.......

theres NO known deaths or just none that you heard about? I am sure someone has dies from smoking it, but not as may as cigs
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: KXKID on August 14, 2005, 10:27:15 AM
why do we have to wear seat belts in cars but you dont have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle¿
Why are there 10 hot dogs in an average  package and only 8 buns.. ;)

RAP04

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on August 30, 2005, 04:55:29 PM
Quote from: RAP04 on August 30, 2005, 03:32:06 PM
Another good question.

Why is it that Marijuana is illegal when there is not 1 known death related to smoking marijuana yet cigarrettes are legal and they kill millions.......

theres NO known deaths or just none that you heard about? I am sure someone has dies from smoking it, but not as may as cigs

I did a 6 month study on it for my graduate degree so I think I know what I am talking about ace.

GSPKurt


Quote

I did a 6 month study on it for my graduate degree so I think I know what I am talking about ace.
Quote

Lets be nice.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: RAP04 on August 31, 2005, 09:59:59 AM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on August 30, 2005, 04:55:29 PM
Quote from: RAP04 on August 30, 2005, 03:32:06 PM
Another good question.

Why is it that Marijuana is illegal when there is not 1 known death related to smoking marijuana yet cigarrettes are legal and they kill millions.......

theres NO known deaths or just none that you heard about? I am sure someone has dies from smoking it, but not as may as cigs

I did a 6 month study on it for my graduate degree so I think I know what I am talking about ace.

You spent 6 months  8) :E :O 2:L :oo :J  :Z :king.gif

What school did you go to?

Man,  we need more smiles  :banghead.gif
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

RAP04

Went to UF and it was a research study for a little magazine called high times.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Got a buddy who lives 6 blocks from UF. Almost thinking of moving up there.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

gery350

#24
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on August 30, 2005, 08:40:30 PM
Quote from: KXKID on August 14, 2005, 10:27:15 AM
why do we have to wear seat belts in cars but you dont have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle¿
Why are there 10 hot dogs in an average  package and only 8 buns.. ;)

hey you quoted bulletproof monk-movie

the answer is : "you dont always get what you want in life"-give or take a word or two,quoting the answer which was in the movie
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com