torque specs anyone?

Started by CABLEGUY1, August 11, 2005, 01:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABLEGUY1

Due to nightbreed being out of town I took it upon myself to put a head gasket on my wifes polaris sport 400.It is a 2 stroke. After about 15 minutes I wished I would have waited for Mike to get back in town. Anyways to late to turn back now. Does any one know how many pounds of torque to use when putting the head back on. I need to know for the four nuts at the base of the head and the nuts on the top of the head,and is there a sequence I should follow on the top of the head? Thanks for any info.

jwscroll

Most head bolt get put on in a star pattern or crisscross. Torque should be listed in your owners manual. On honda ranchers it's 29 pounds on the cylinder head.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

CABLEGUY1