SPEED RIDE II september the 3rd

Started by dreth, August 10, 2005, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YFZ450-Tampa

I"m not trying to offend any body, I just call the things the way I see it, now we can't prevent some situations, at this moment I'm saying I'll be there, I don't know if tomorrow some thing happen to me, my quad or truck...

I don't need to offend nobody, specially some one I don't know, but that's the way I see it, and sorry that's the way I call it.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

cubnfrank

Dreth, you can't make it. No problem man family comes first. I understand.  Im sure everybody understands too. I was a little nervous about following you though the forest at WOT anyway. :) See you for the next ride in October
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

Nightbreed

#202
Why is it that everytime someone does the mature grown up thing around here, ie. putting familiy and finances before pleasure and fun. Someone has to throw out a negative. And what good did it do but tick people like myself off to the point that I need to post about it?

I know its an open forum, RIGHT?

I have had to tell both of my kids 4 and 10 that I dont think we will be able to go to ocala because of fuel costs and availability at this time.

If we do anything it will be very close to home also.

Let me know if you can make it up atleast as far as us Dreth, maybe we can find somthing to do.

Mike
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

Hollywood

Sorry guys but I'm out too  :'( much the same reasons as Dreth fuel is getting scarce here we can't even get fuel for our trucks at work and we're one of the biggest trucking co. around. No trucks = no products to buy! :o Plus I got to be on call at work this weekend! I got bills to pay too and the budget is getting tight.  I'll most likely be at a track somewhere next weekend so long as I can get fuel. Just like Dreth said the family has to come first!
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

felix_z-4

Lets move on.Its hard to please everyone.Everybody has a diff.schedule or reasons if they are going to make the ride or not.For the ones that can't make it,see ya on the next one.The ones that can make it,Big Scrub here we come.By tommorrow I'm sure some will have a better idea if they will make it.that includes myself. Peace out!!

Ride1Rob

I want to ride this w/e more than ANY of you guys. But honestly I don't know guys. It cost me $80 to fill my damn truck up today :'(. That only gets me $380 miles (Damn 5.7 litre SUV >:(  )

My mother inlaw told myself and my wife where she saw on the news where they were considering cutting off the pumps tonite at 12am. If I wake up Saturday morning and there's no gas problems such as shortages or stations not having problems w/ supply I'll load up.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Yota

I should be there if all goes well selling truck before saturday, sorry to hear all the ones not coming, but hey ocala will be there when this passes, hopefully, oh yeah is Russ still around?
yeah about that

atvaltz

well i filled my truck up tonight  damn my truck never held $50  lol

i already made plans for the whole weekend up there with steve so i will be there forsure.I may run out of gas on the way home but i will atleast have fun while i am there  :D


they said within a day or so there will be stations full again

oh well my bike runs on race gas soooo as long as the truck is full i am good to go.

anyone coming up 27????????? i need to follow someone
1 word   suzuki     nough said

gearhead400

maaaaaan, main reason i wanted to go was so i could meet all the "hot shots" on the site lol. But gas prices are steep and i can understand not wanting to spend $80 to go ride when you could just  catch the same ride in a month or two. I have free tickets to universal this weekend (or any weekend) and a free $249 a night room to stay in, so if the ride isnt going to be top notch and IS going to be happening in about a month. I might hold off as well. By then i'll a have ALL new tires instead of just fronts :-D.

we will see.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

eric

Quote from: dreth on August 31, 2005, 07:33:19 PM
Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on August 31, 2005, 06:16:52 PM
Hummmmmmm !!!!!!!!! over 30 riders were confirm to go for the ride, now at the last moment the one who start all over quit ... nice
Like "atvltz", I also made the plans to go over this weekend, I'll be there arround 9:00 am, I'm pretty sure  the other guys that said "we are going" will keep their word, so I'll see you guys there.

Wayne, Rob, Felix, I count on you guys


Im sorry if i have offended you BUT MY FAMILY COMES BEFORE ANY RIDE THAT I PLANNED! YES! IM OFFENDED BY WHAT YOU SAID AND NO I WONT HOLD A GRUDGE! EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ME KNOWS THAT I DRIVE FURTHER AND MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS SITE TO RIDE WITH FRIENDS but in our current fuel state i feel that its best to cut back on all the unnecessary driving and fuel related events! SO IF YOU FEEL THAT I DIDNT KEEP MY WORD DUE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES THEN SO BE IT!!

To yall that know me, im sorry im not going to be there! I hope yall understand!

Dreth don't sweat it man ;)  We are gonna miss ya tho  :'(  Nothing like seeing you fly around those trails scraping tree's at 80mph ;D We can plan another speed ride soon. Unless gas pumps are dry and things get really bad I will be filling up and heading out to Scrub for 9am Saturday. Sounds like we already have a few leaders for this group and sometimes small groups are more fun anyways & less dust to...lol 

eric

#210
Just watching the 12 o'clock news. They said there is plenty of gas in Florida for now for anyone wondering. Here is a website to check for the lowest prices http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=32771&src=QL

just enter your zip code under "Change ZIP" and hit go

atvaltz

yea i was all over central florida today working and  every shell and bp i saw had gas and  only had a few cars  getting gas.So now we have no reason not  to go have a blast  i cant wait i am pumped lol.
1 word   suzuki     nough said

atvaltz

well

the bike is ready to go


i am just waiting on the new arms tommorow
and i am ready to go

i am soooooooooo pumped !!!!!!!!!


i am outie     one
1 word   suzuki     nough said

felix_z-4


YFZ450-Tampa

Oh yeah, I wen today for a short ride, the fill up my quad, container and truck  ;D so here we go.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

USA450R

Have we finalized a time and meeting place? This is my first trip to Scrub (actually anywhere in FL) and dont know where to go? I am coming from Jax......Help

Matt
2007 Honda TRX450ER

2007 - Engine by ATP // Port // Valve work // CRF 450 Exhaust valve // Top End work // Pro Design Intake w/K&N // Stage 2 cam // 14:1 ATP Piston // Rossier // Pro Taper // Nerfs

A-Arms, Suspension, MXR6s next

atvaltz

i think they said 9am
at big scrub all i  know is i am taking 19 down to somewere lol i got to get better directions tommorow.


i need to  top my tank off on my truck but other than that i am all set


i will probably leave my house around  630am  and get  there around 830
1 word   suzuki     nough said

Ride1Rob

PM Hollywood. I think he's coming down from Jax. We'll be meeting at Scrub around 9am. But that's not the pullout time. We'll head out around 9:30/9:45ish. That'll give everyone a chance to make it up. So everyone needs to leave w/ the plan of getting there around 9am. That 45minute leave cushion will be for those that may run into problems on the road ;).

Everythings looking Okay so far as far as gas supply. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

USA450R

2007 Honda TRX450ER

2007 - Engine by ATP // Port // Valve work // CRF 450 Exhaust valve // Top End work // Pro Design Intake w/K&N // Stage 2 cam // 14:1 ATP Piston // Rossier // Pro Taper // Nerfs

A-Arms, Suspension, MXR6s next

Ride1Rob

Quote from: USA450R on September 01, 2005, 10:34:51 PM
Will do, thx. See you all Sat am.


Scratch PMing hollywood :-\. Just read a post that he's not coming. Do you have nextel? If so PM your # to me or post it up and I'll hit ya up tomorrow.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

1STOCKEX

Hey Rob , Felix you know I'm goin'.  Full tank of gas and new airbox.  I'm hoping I get the time to put my a-arm bushings on but if not oh well still there.  To all that can go.......great , those that can't.......see you guys on the next run.

YFZ450-Tampa


      
Hey let me know if you find the direcctions, I could get you some details. I'm sure Rob can get you some info but if not give me a call (813)545-4418
Luis Campos
      

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

eric

OK here is directions coming up from the south if you get on hwy 19.

Take 19 north past the town of Umatilla and then the town of Altoona heading north still on 19 and you will see the "Welcome to the Ocala National Forest" sign. Travel another few minutes more and on your right hand side you will see a blue sign that says rd 445 & Alexander Springs but DON'T TURN HERE. Pass that sign and get ready to turn left within like 1/4 mile or less onto forest rd 573 which enters hwy19 at an angle which you'll already be on. 573 isn't marked well so you might pass it your first time but its easy to know if you've gone to far because you will go under some of those tall-high powered powerlines that lead to Scrub and if you do just turn around. 573 starts off as pavement and then turns into a dirt road after a few hundred yards. Just stay on the dirt road for 7 miles and you will come to the campground on your right at the intersection of forest roads 573 and 588. Everyone will be parked on the left at that intersection under the powerlines directly across form the campground.

TRX450R_Racer

Go South on I95 to State Road 40. Go West on 40 to Forest road 588. Go South about 8 miles you will see the camp ground.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/oca%20restrict%202005.pdf
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ride1Rob

#224
WooHoooo! Just spoke w/ Dreth, he's back in for this one guys. Now it's a REAL Speed ride again ;).

Hopefully I will be too. Rejetted my bike and was taking it out to make sure it was running right behind my house and the crack in my swinger has increased  :-\. No way that thing is gonna hold up in Ocala. Gonna stop by and friends house and put his on for this ride.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com