darn frog

Started by Honda328i, August 08, 2005, 08:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honda328i

I don't really care that much about it, but at night my wife is continually bothered by a very noisy bull frog somewhere in the vicinity of our back yard. (We live in a suburban subdivision.)  Every time I go out to catch the sucker, it stops croaking.  Frog croaking, or wife complaining, you get the picture.   ;D

Does any one have any tricks for getting rid of an allusive frog?  Traps, poison, etc.  NO explosives or guns please, the neighbors are too close.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

backinsaddle

I have frogs in my backyard that love to eat the dog's food.  You could put some dog food out and get rid of it when it comes to eat.

big-daddy

frog hunting with the dogs food  ???  Go to the pet shop and buy a female frog, that what his croaking about.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

backinsaddle

Quote from: big-daddy on August 08, 2005, 08:59:24 PM
frog hunting with the dogs food  ???  Go to the pet shop and buy a female frog, that what his croaking about.

I know, wierd, isn't it.  I used to have to sit in the back yard and make sure the dogs got to eat before the frogs got to it.  One time I put the food down, came back out about 10 minutes later, and there were 6 giant frogs in the dog dish, one piled on top of the other, and all the food was gone...needless to say, I have some really fat frogs in my yard.  Now I have a bin feeder that the frogs can't get into, and the frogs look like they need liposuction cause of all the excess skin cause they're not eating like they used to.  I need to take a pic one of these days.

NPRVinson

Frogs won't eat dog food but toads do. If it's a toad making all the noise it's not the female {the big ones} it's the male. Thet are about 1/5 the size of the females. They can be very annoying and LOUD!

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Honda328i

Quote from: big-daddy on August 08, 2005, 08:59:24 PM
frog hunting with the dogs food  ???  Go to the pet shop and buy a female frog, that what his croaking about.

Last night it was worse, there were two of those croaks, really lonely desperate dudes or unmentionalbly perverse ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

J.D.

If you shine'um they have red eyes there BuBBa .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

big-daddy

Quote from: Honda328i on August 09, 2005, 12:52:39 AM
Quote from: big-daddy on August 08, 2005, 08:59:24 PM
frog hunting with the dogs food  ???  Go to the pet shop and buy a female frog, that what his croaking about.

Last night it was worse, there were two of those croaks, really lonely desperate dudes or unmentionalbly perverse ;D

That funny  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

gery350

i had read this one time. if u want to catch em, fill a 5 gallon bucket about half way with water and they will be attracted to the moisture. when they jump in they wont be able to leap out. you may need to bury it a little so they can reach it. dont know if it will work with all the d@mn rain we've been having but its worth a try. if not maybe you can try with dog food or something. :-\
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

bigscrub79

We have Cuban tree frogs in our back yard, a BB gun takes care of them. They have a very irritating croak and are like tree frogs but 3 times the size. I am going to the local feed store to see what they say to get rid of them, when i find out i will post and let you know.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Dr.Dirt

Like J.D. said if you shine a flashlight on them you can see their eyes glow, then you will have a target glowing target for your BB gun....But if I was you I would just go outside with a fork and eat them.  :o

caospop

Quote from: bigscrub79 on August 09, 2005, 01:10:26 AM
We have Cuban tree frogs in our back yard, a BB gun takes care of them. They have a very irritating croak and are like tree frogs but 3 times the size. I am going to the local feed store to see what they say to get rid of them, when i find out i will post and let you know.

I tell ya Florida is just invaded with all types of Cubans( i.e. cuban frogs,cuban men,cuban women, cuban kids, cuban immigrants,i even saw a cuban dog...) gees.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

big-daddy

Quote from: bigscrub79 on August 09, 2005, 01:10:26 AM
We have Cuban tree frogs in our back yard, a BB gun takes care of them. They have a very irritating croak and are like tree frogs but 3 times the size. I am going to the local feed store to see what they say to get rid of them, when i find out i will post and let you know.

Thats because there talking in spanish. ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

MrsPureLogic

#14
I was going to post last night that I heard salt and frogs/toads "don't mix" but decided to research my thought first:

"Spray area with a heavy concentrate of salt water. The salt water will sting their feet causing them to go away."

But here's a more humane approach (if you can catch them):

The most humane way to kill juvenile and adult toads is to catch them and put them into a secure container with air holes (plastic takeaway food containers are ideal). Put the container in a refrigerator overnight which causes the toad to go into a coma-like state. Then move the container to the freezer the next morning and freeze until the next garbage collection day or freeze it for a couple days and then bury them in the backyard compost bin or garden bed.

Good luck!
;)

inked4life87

WOULD YOU REALLY ANT TO PUT A TOAD IN YOUR FRIDGE OR FREEZER.YOU KNOW THEY PISS ON EVERY THING.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: MrsPureLogic on August 09, 2005, 11:55:18 AM
I was going to post last night that I heard salt and frogs/toads "don't mix" but decided to research my thought first:

"Spray area with a heavy concentrate of salt water. The salt water will sting their feet causing them to go away."

But here's a more humane approach (if you can catch them):

The most humane way to kill juvenile and adult toads is to catch them and put them into a secure container with air holes (plastic takeaway food containers are ideal). Put the container in a refrigerator overnight which causes the toad to go into a coma-like state. Then move the container to the freezer the next morning and freeze until the next garbage collection day or freeze it for a couple days and then bury them in the backyard compost bin or garden bed.

Good luck!
;)

I wonder if their croak would slowly get slower in the fridge ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Thrasher

i'm thinkin by the time u get rid of the 1st 10 of them, another 40 will move in an join on the chorus...
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

PureLogic

Quote from: MrsPureLogic on August 09, 2005, 11:55:18 AM
I was going to post last night that I heard salt and frogs/toads "don't mix" but decided to research my thought first:

"Spray area with a heavy concentrate of salt water. The salt water will sting their feet causing them to go away."

But here's a more humane approach (if you can catch them):

The most humane way to kill juvenile and adult toads is to catch them and put them into a secure container with air holes (plastic takeaway food containers are ideal). Put the container in a refrigerator overnight which causes the toad to go into a coma-like state. Then move the container to the freezer the next morning and freeze until the next garbage collection day or freeze it for a couple days and then bury them in the backyard compost bin or garden bed.

Good luck!
;)
   


I cant believe you would post that... The salt water thing is a good idea but c'mon you are not going to put a frog in the refrigerator and then the freezer C'mon babe!!!!!
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

MrsPureLogic

Ya'll kill me.  Look.........I was only going to put the salt information, HOWEVER, I didn't want to upset any little froggie lovers  :D Purelogic....you're in trouble when I get home...  :-*  ;)

PureLogic

Hey babe can you get me some salsa.... Its next to the toad in the refrigerator.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

PureLogic

Don't mind the accumulation of moisture on top of the beer can as for it is frog urine from the frogs we are refrigerating.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

MrsPureLogic

 :D  You married me  ;D

TRX450R_Racer

My friends wife sprays amonia on them and they melt down.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

klutchbuster400

bottle rockets ;D ;D ;D i like the bb gun thing though, :P

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com