Actions are Everything

Started by LakeMaryKid, July 17, 2005, 12:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LakeMaryKid

One day, when I was a freshman in high school,

I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school.

His name was Kyle.

It looked like he was carrying all of his
books.

I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday?

He must really be a nerd."

I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.

They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt.

His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him.

He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.

My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.

As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks.

They really should get lives.

" He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!"

There was a big smile on his face.

It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.

As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before.

He said he had gone to private school before now.

I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.

We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books.

He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.

I asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends.

He said yes.

We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again.

I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!

" He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends

When we were seniors, we began to think
about college.

Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I
was going to Duke.

I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem.

He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class.

I teased him all the time about being a nerd.

He had to prepare a speech for graduation.

I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak.

Graduation day, I saw Kyle.

He looked great.

He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.

He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.

He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.

Boy, sometimes I was jealous.

Today was one of those days.

I could see that he was nervous about his speech.

So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"

He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled.

"Thanks," he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began.

"Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years.

Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly your friends...

I am here to tell all of you that being a
friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.

I am going to tell you a story."

I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met.

He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.

He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.

He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.

"Thankfully, I was saved.

My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.

I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile.

Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions.

With one small gesture you can change a person's life.

For better or for worse.

You now have two choices, you can:

1) Pass this on to your friends or

2) Delete it and act like it didn't touch your heart.

As you can see, I took choice number 1.
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

There is no beginning or end.. Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is mystery.

Today is a gift
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Eruption


svtbolt04

*tear* haha jk, but it was touching.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

PureLogic

[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

T2

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

gery350

wow. that is a heck of a story. it is true, actions are everything.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

I am litterally wiping a tear from my eye as I type. How true, Great story kid. Thanks
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

J.D.

Some of us become men a little quicker than others ...some never do . 
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

MrsPureLogic

That's a tear-jerker........so true too!!  :'(

backinsaddle

An old one that I never get tired of reading

Grizzlygirl

For me this is a true story. I have had 2 times in my life were I have encountered a kid wanting to commit suicide. The first was when I was a member of the PTO at my school. There was a family of 7 childen that the PTO adopted Buying the childen new shoes for school, having clothes donated, New school supplies every year but not truly knowing what was happening in the household. Well one day all of the children didn't show up for school. Later that day we found out that the oldest hung himself. The police and social workers got involved  and the rest of the children were removed from the home. Turns out things were even worse than we the Pto knew. The police said the boy left a note saying he didn't think things would ever get better.
The next time I had a girl in my GS troop. We found out she was being abused and was thinking of ending it I did get involved and now she lives with another family member and is getting ready to graduate  from High School.
   One person can make a difference
  Mama Grizz 

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: Mama Grizz on July 18, 2005, 10:41:15 AM
For me this is a true story. I have had 2 times in my life were I have encountered a kid wanting to commit suicide. The first was when I was a member of the PTO at my school. There was a family of 7 childen that the PTO adopted Buying the childen new shoes for school, having clothes donated, New school supplies every year but not truly knowing what was happening in the household. Well one day all of the children didn't show up for school. Later that day we found out that the oldest hung himself. The police and social workers got involved and the rest of the children were removed from the home. Turns out things were even worse than we the Pto knew. The police said the boy left a note saying he didn't think things would ever get better.
The next time I had a girl in my GS troop. We found out she was being abused and was thinking of ending it I did get involved and now she lives with another family member and is getting ready to graduate from High School.
One person can make a difference
Mama Grizz

+100000000 for mama grizz! Way to git r done!
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

dreth

im with damtgman on this one :'( dont let the sadness fade before you take the opportunity to make that difference ;)

Grizzlygirl

Dreth
where did he say that
   Mama Grizz

dreth

Quote from: Mama Grizz on July 19, 2005, 09:59:59 AM
Dreth
where did he say that
   Mama Grizz

i meant the crying part! the rest was my thoughts

Grizzlygirl

Ok I thought I was missing something between the lines
  Mama Grizz

Chuck_Norris

 A reminder of Gods Grace every time I read that, great job LMK

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com