Do any of you have quads and wave runners?

Started by Njoutlaw88, July 15, 2005, 05:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

If you do what do you have more fun riding?

SwampRat

I had several Sea-doo XP's before I bought the ATV.  Jetski's are fun, especially to be in the water during the summer.  Waiting an hour to launch, and later recover them at a public ramp is a pain.  I think one of the main differences is realibility.  On a jetski most of the time you are running flat out, not so on an ATV.  Every two years you'll need an engine rebuild ($1800) on a jetski.  ATV engine should last much longer.

I find I use the ATV more because it's just easier to handle with one person.  Also, look at all the great people you meet ATVing.
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

Gamer

I own a Seadoo 96 XP and 2001 Yamaha Wolverine.  I've been using the Seadoo more now thats its summer time.  I have family who owns a house on lake June in Lake Placid.  My Seadoo has not needed an engine rebuild yet (Knock on Wood).

AintSkeered

I've had;
89 Kawi 650SX
93 Seadoo XP
94 Yami Waverunner
94 SeaDoo GTX
96 SeaDoo GSX
99 SeaDoo GSXL
00 SeaDoo XP
03 SeaDoo GTX SC
05 SeaDoo RXT

I use no less than 15 gallons of gas for each outing on my RXT and the XP is no better. Don't enjoy riding PWCs in the rain or when temp is below 60. Not the case with my
03 Outlander or son's 05 Raptor 350. Nonetheless, being an old surfer it's still a toss-up for me. Maybe an 06 Outlander 800 will change things!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Numkut

We got this big ol Sea doo here. It is a GTX Limited, it hauls. But nothing beats a day in the woods. I gets boring fast though on a sea doo. You can't really progress or go to cool land marks. It is always plain old flat water. I'd say offroading is much more fun.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

500runner

1998 quadrunner, 1999 kaw jetski ultra 150,  1997 seadoo xp.  its  to hot to ride ATVs now, time too get wet......

z400stunter

I've got a 04 z400 and a heavliy modded 96 1100 waveraider.  Both are great. No reliability problems with the ski either. Starts up easily after 2 months of sitting in the garage.
JUMP IT!

dirty1

i had a sea-doo gts with a TDR motor in it, i havent started it since i baught my bike 4 years ago.
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

jjamesbar

we have two 03 seadoo xp's and one 05 seadoo rxt. my first love will always be woods riding, but the seadoos are fun as heck. we launch the skis with the quad at the river house so no boat ramp issues there. have family near the gulf so we take the ski's there as well when we go. they both compliment each other as far as bringing family together and thats whats important for us.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

iceman69

We have a Polaris 1200 and quads and we enjoy both. We go out on Lake June during the day on the weekends and then ride at night after we go home and take a nap. We live in Lake Placid so there are 27 Lakes that we can ride on so we don't get bored with riding the jetski. And we have three different areas with miles and miles of trails to ride on the quads.
James  Z400  83B in FTR
ReBecca  250 Beartracker
Brett  250 EX HONDA
Jammer  Powerwheels

Chuck_Norris


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com