Ocala OHV north.

Started by 1Scorpion, October 18, 2014, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Scorpion

 We rode Ocala OHV trail system today. We had a good time. It was cool in the morning and warmed up to hot in the afternoon.
We saw deer, an owl, and even a coyote. Plenty of bear sign but didn't spot one. Lots of people camping at West Delancy. But we only saw about 7 other riders all day. On the southwest portion of the blue trail ( tobacco patch trail) there is a large tree down blocking the way. I did not have a chain saw so we back tracked around. 
I was surprised to see so few riders out on such a nice day.
The only bad parts were the outhouses on the trail system were filthy. But there is always a tree or bush available. :D  And where they did some clear cutting north of Delancy loops there is no more shade on that trail. It looks like a bomb went off. :'(
I'm getting my camping gear together for a stay at the Lake Ocklawaha campground very soon.
Hope to see some people from ATVFLORIDA there.

little blue 300

June and I went to the Centennial Trail on Friday. Had a good time. Larry

1Scorpion

Quote from: little blue 300 on October 19, 2014, 09:58:22 PM
June and I went to the Centennial Trail on Friday. Had a good time. Larry
I like that trail it has better scenery. We need a trail connecting the Centennial trail to the north trails . That would be awesome ! 

little blue 300

I think Delancy has the better scenery. There are lots of places where you can look into the woods and I almost always see deer, turkeys and sometimes bears. At Centenial the bushes are right up next to the trails and its hard to see anything but in front of you. Larry

1Scorpion

 rolback1 rolback1  I've seen you ride when do you have time to look at scenery ?  If you blink you would be in another state. ;)
It's great to know there are still a couple of riders on this forum. I'm sure there are more but they are very ,very  quiet.

little blue 300

Very funny Roland !!! I have slowed down quit a bit lately though.

Yes, I'm sure there are lots of riders that never even log in. I do that a lot of times. June and I ride somewhere just about every week even during the heat. Larry