ONF on 7/20 saturday

Started by mudbucket2, July 13, 2013, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbucket2

like to go to onf, if anybody wants to go saturday ...let me know

dalem352

Hey I mite b able to get out that sat. My sportman is being servised I broke a CV boot Fri and it is getting its 25 hour break in servised done to
Just ride

rsieminski

What to expect?

Years ago, sometimes it was ok, sometimes the rangers seemed like they hated us?

Are the trails all whooped?

Best trails?

Crowded?

Is the Rodman Dam area still open?  Power Lines?

Thanks,
--Rick

dalem352

Quote from: rsieminski on July 14, 2013, 02:35:31 PM
What to expect?

Years ago, sometimes it was ok, sometimes the rangers seemed like they hated us?

Are the trails all whooped?

Best trails?

Crowded?

Is the Rodman Dam area still open?  Power Lines?

Thanks,
--Rick
hi what to expect.a nice ride I have never had no trouble with the rangers I don't motocross or rip up an down the trails I go for a nice day out for a trail ride the trails are in good shape rodman is still open but no more sand pit and no power line riding
Just ride

rsieminski

Thanks for the info!

No more Rodman Sand Pit?   :'(

No more Powerlines?

Is it clearly marked where you CANNOT ride?

dalem352

Well more like they have it clearly marked where u can ride its a nice trail u can get a good day out of it
Just ride

Thunderdually

Rode the Centennial trail a couple of weeks ago it was great. The trail has a lot of elevation changes is around a 45 mile loop and you can swim at the blue sink to cool off...  The trail was in great shape.

This video is from our last ride ... Ocala National forest (centennial) trail ride
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

rsieminski

Thanks, and nice video. 

Where is the Centennial trail?  I don't see it on their map?

Are there any fees to ride there?

Someone said something about a pass?

dalem352

75 per year or 10 per day the centennial trail is off 40 and forest road 13 trailhead or u can put in at  big scrub camp ground trail head
Just ride

SMP63

$10 for a 3 day permit good @ all Ocala trails.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

dalem352

Quote from: SMP63 on July 14, 2013, 06:59:50 PM
$10 for a 3 day permit good @ all Ocala trails.
my bad thank u smp63 for the corrections

Just ride

mudbucket2

do they say anything about tires on atv ?

Thunderdually

Quote from: mudbucket2 on July 14, 2013, 11:02:57 PM
do they say anything about tires on atv ?


Yes you have to have them!!!!  ;D     Sorry i couldn't resist.....    I'm not sure but i don't think they care about the size of the tread... My treads are over an inch and we passed a ranger and she didn't stop us.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

mudbucket2

yeah ,yeah i had that one coming....LOL   coming from jax , whats a good trailhead ?

dalem352

Hey mud where u want to ride at
Just ride

rsieminski

We will be staying north of Lake Kerr.  Where can we get permits?

dalem352

U going to stay at delancy u can get your 3 day pass at any trailhead
Just ride

mudbucket2

i have been on centennial trail , like to try delancy loop , it hooks with other trailes . put in at the trailhead just a little north of fr66 on 19,, sound good ? i hope i dont have to work saturday !!!

dalem352

Quote from: mudbucket2 on July 15, 2013, 11:19:20 PM
i have been on centennial trail , like to try delancy loop , it hooks with other trailes . put in at the trailhead just a little north of fr66 on 19,, sound good ? i hope i dont have to work saturday !!!
delancy loops b good I hope I have my Polaris back by then so my girlfriend can go if not I will b their with cat let me no if u have to work
Just ride

dalem352

Mudbucket2 what time u going to b their
Just ride

mudbucket2

If I don't have to work , like to get there  7 or7.30 .

dalem352

Just ride

mudbucket2

It's going to be closer to 7.30.,,, I'll be there

dalem352

OK that's good see u their
Just ride

dalem352

Hey mudbucket2 u get that tracks map I emailed u to day of our ride I for got to turn the map off so their is some of my trip home on Their
Just ride