Silverado leveling/lift kit

Started by klutchbuster400, April 22, 2013, 12:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klutchbuster400

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Front-1-5-Rear-Lift-Leveling-Kit-Chevy-GMC-1500-2500-3500-HD-8-lug-PRO-/130697419593#vi-content

Considering this kit for my 2001 silverado 1500 2wd. I love the lifted look but I have to do what I can afford. I'm considering this kit, with a small body lift so I can fit 33"s on it, or just this lift kit with some 31's. What do you guys think?

300 quadrunner

Dont buy the torsion keys kit, they destroy the front end. Crank your torsion bars to level the truck as is now and then body lift it. Remember the turns on each side.
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

klutchbuster400

If you don't mind me asking, how does it ruin the front end? I've been doing a bit of research and I haven't read about that yet.

300 quadrunner

Torsion bars when cranked stiffen and lower the lower a arm putting stress on upper and lower balljoints (i was changing mine out every 6 months) and with it being stiffer it shocks the tierods and i had to replace them also every six months. I also ate through wheel bearings more often. Those torsion keys allow the bars to be cranked way passed stock. Ive been there and done that, crank them up as of now to level out the truck and then body lift it with some meaty 33's and some nice rims
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

klutchbuster400

Ah alright, that makes sense then. I'm on a tight budget so I'd rather not replace parts every 6 months thanks lol. I'm assuming body lifts aren't that serious so I shouldn't put TOO much concern into the brand, any $200-300 kit should suffice? I'll have to check to see how far I can push the current torsion keys. I know the previous owner changed the suspension on the truck to some other brand but I didn't really look into it.

300 quadrunner

Jack the front end up and cranks the bars to level it out, its within the perimeters that it wont stretch the suspension. Do a performance accessories body lift theyre the cheapest but have all the parts like steering extention, bumper brackets and the brackets to relocate the radiator. Make sure if you order it you speak to a representative and make sure those parts are included
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com