Main Menu

My $.02

Started by greenmachine, May 08, 2011, 06:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmachine

The bottom line is that Florida is NOT spending money to open any more places to ride but in the contrary closing them. Look at all the places that are privately opening and allowing us to ALL enjoy this sport. DF has made huge leaps in the way the park is at this time. They have listened every time someone had a good idea and made it happen. Everyone has a choice where and when to ride, but now there are more choices. FOr everyone driving to north Florida, travel safe, ride safe and have fun and the same to everyone traveling to DF, TCR and RYC. We didnt buy quads to have stupid arguments on forums, we bought them to have fun and throw roost in our buddys face every chance we get...  Seriousley though I remember a few years ago when everyone wanted to come together for the big atv rally, the rally got sucker punched by the property owners at Lakeland Speedway and it went to LCross where the attendance dropped badly and so did all the support. It took the wind out of the sails and showed us all what the non atv community think of us and our hobby. But remember when we were all on this forum  talking for days and months about the rally? We were all for the greater good and now that more than one park has opened up it seems certain people have drawn lines in the sand. Why? Arent there enough weekends in the year to satisfy everyone? Now you have choices to change locations and riding styles  and people to hang with. That is freakin awesome so lets all stop the bickering about who can say what when and where and plan some big azz group rides at each of these parks at different times and help them all grow and stay open!!!!!
I would like to see a big ATVFLORIDA Group Ride at DF and Motoplex at different times. The only reason I mention only these 2 are because they are the only 2 that are clearly family parks with families in mind first and foremost. Just think how cool that would be! One cool thing about DF is they have 3 degrees of camp ground areas, the one with people who go to bed early with little ones , one for those who stay up later and one for the latenighters who crank the tunes and get a little loud and they are all separated by woods.
Lets all get this forum back together and do some of those old school group rides!

Ida_Mann

Hey there buddy, I guess I've been out of it for a while and missed something.

Honestly I don't even know where DF is, but I haven't been to the Plex since October '09 and haven't been riding with anybody in an organized way since then.

so,,,,to get you so upset, what did I miss?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

yfz122

Some people think DFA is trying to steal business from the Motoplex.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Ida_Mann

Quote from: yfz122 on May 08, 2011, 08:31:13 PM
Some people think DFA is trying to steal business from the Motoplex.

isn't that the way business is supposed to be?

Unless they are both owned by the same person, there's no reason they shouldn't be in competition.

I love the Plex and if I had a choice of going anywhere right now I'd choose it because I know Paul, I know the people that go there and it is like a big family and I'll support it.

Of course if there are competing OHV parks, they are gonna advertise for the same weekends, ATVFL is the biggest ATV website in FL, so they both advertise in the same spot, what's the big deal?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

yfz122

I never knew what the big deal was. I thought it was cool that we had another choice.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

greenmachine

I am not upset by anything. I just think everyone should start riding again and support all the parks and stop being divided. I have heard about people being given a hard time for mentioning other riding destinations at certain riding destinations and other forums. Competition makes the competitors better.
We race Dade City every quad points race but I havent been thrown out of the track for saying i also race at Bartow or Sunshine, or that I am going to race the ssqsa series this winter.
Just go around to different areas of the forum and you will see the remarks about what can be said about what & where. It is just rediculous to me. If I am at the plex or DF and I talk about riding anywhere it is because that is what I talk about it is not malicious or in no way being a trader as it seems some make people feel.
My point in this post is not a rant but a call for everyone to start doing what we all used to do a few years ago, Id@ you should know as well as anyone, the old rides at ONF were epic and they were formed on this forum. Why cant that happen again but at the private parks? Why cant we get a big group ride at each park and plan them a couple months apart so attendance could be good?

Ida_Mann

I like the idea Steve, and yes I was remembering those rides every time I throw on one of the two t-shirts I still have from the first big Rodman ride that Suzieblazer had made up(and one of them is still stained from clay at Durhamtown from '05).

I miss those days and I think the seperation of riders is more due to gas prices and distance at the moment, I haven't been able to put together $400 I'd need for a weekend trip to the Plex in a while, then schedule seems to get in the way and I have to "Id@ out".

Why not let's try to set a date, I know Memorial day is gonna be big at any park, what's the next feature weekend after that at the Plex Paul? 

Ider
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Paul_S

Next feature will be Labor Day.  ;)

stacktester

I'd love to see this site come back for what it's intended to do. It's been nothing but a political pissing match for a while. Mr B has given us a great place to communicate and we need to respect that.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

greenmachine

The holiday weekend features are everywhere, a group ride is one that dont take a holiday to happen.
ALso my son has a race that weekend so we wont be riding anywhere except the track.....unfortunately!!!
I believe an ATVFLORIDA group ride would qualify any park to be open on any weekend and the turnout could be as big as a regular feature.


Chillinthemost

I always miss out on the holiday weekend events because my family usually wants to do non ATV related trips on holiday weekends.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Thunderdually

#11
Quote from: yfz122 on May 08, 2011, 08:31:13 PM
Some people think DFA is trying to steal business from the Motoplex.

IMHO that's bunk.  There is a good 5 hours driving distance between them. Just because they advertize for business on the same holidays or the same weekend of any one's  choice doesn't mean they are trying to steal  business from any one. That's what it's all about starting a business and making it grow. And if any one can't see that's what it take's then I hope that person doesn't go into business because they are bound to fail.

Look at it another way...   Example.. I'm in the business of making custom kitchens. If I don't advertize for business how am I to stay in business?  Am I trying to get all the jobs I can? Damn RIGHT I am..  I am in the business to make money. If I get the job great if I don't I won't cry about it and blame other cabinet makers for getting the job instead of me. Nor should they.  We are all out for the jobs and there are plenty to go around.

And that's my 2 cents worth...
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

stacktester

Unfortuately fuel prices have hurt a lot of businesses that specialize in a hobby. I'm sure Durhamtown has been slow lately just has any place requiring a lot of fuel to get to. Businesses have just got to be more creative to get people in the door. Even though fuel is a dollar higher it adds to the person doing the hobby plus it now adds to these venues spending more on everything to provide the customers with good service. If Paul or anybody else has to advertise or whatever it takes to get customers on his property then so be it.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

greenmachine

Ok everyone, this was not started to be a pizzin match between DFA & the Plex. Lets keep this above board and lets ride!
As I said before, Competition makes all the competitors better.

stacktester

I hear that. Lets get some traffic moving here and help everybody keep it going.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend