Open carry in Florida

Started by big-daddy, January 22, 2011, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

FOREMANRON

2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

TRX450R_Racer

I voted too. Here's a copy of the bill being voted on.

S234 GENERAL BILL by Evers
Firearms; Provides that a person in compliance with the terms of a concealed carry license may carry openly notwithstanding specified provisions. Allows the Division of Licensing of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to take fingerprints from concealed carry license applicants. Limits a prohibition on carrying a concealed weapon or firearm into an elementary or secondary school facility, career center, or college or university facility to include only a public elementary or secondary school facility or administration building, etc. EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2011

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

foreman1

Good find ,
Signed and forwarded in an email to contacts.

Thanks
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

TNTaylor

Outstanding.... thanks for the post.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

trx#9

It will never pass. Cops are to stupid and will be freaking out everytime they see a gun on someones side.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

FishaHallic

#7
Quote from: trx#9 on January 24, 2011, 10:59:30 AM
It will never pass. Cops are to stupid and will be freaking out everytime they see a gun on someones side.

You might want to rethink how you call police officers "stupid" since 2 of them were just killed in St Pete this morning and 2 in Miami area last week all in the line of duty trying to keep citizens safe.  Calling police officers "stupid" is just plain ignorant!!

trx#9

Quote from: FishaHallic on January 24, 2011, 03:40:45 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on January 24, 2011, 10:59:30 AM
It will never pass. Cops are to stupid and will be freaking out everytime they see a gun on someones side.

You might want to rethink how you call police officers "stupid" since 2 of them were just killed in St Pete this morning and 2 in Miami area last week all in the line of duty trying to keep citizens safe.  Calling police officers "stupid" is just plain ignorant!!
maybe not all but about half are quite ignorant. The cops in today's incident rushed the situation, they knew he was armed and waiting for them. the wife even told the police that he was armed and ready for a fight.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

FishaHallic

Wow, it takes all kinds I guess  ???

Chillinthemost

Quote from: FishaHallic on January 24, 2011, 05:20:57 PM
Wow, it takes all kinds I guess  ???

You are certainly proof of that.

  Unfortunately trx is right, a large percentage of law enforcement are goof balls that couldn't earn respect any other way in life and signed up to get a blue light, a gun and a badge.  Not all are bad, I personally know a few law enforcement officers that are great guys, and the killings that just took place are a tragedy.

  I know for a fact that if open carry was already legal and if Anoriginal had been strolling down the street where the shootings occurred he could have easily saved the day as  he would have been carrying 2 Desert Eagle .50s and his compound bow with exploding tipped arrows.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Kawa3

Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 24, 2011, 07:30:34 PM
Quote from: FishaHallic on January 24, 2011, 05:20:57 PM
Wow, it takes all kinds I guess  ???

You are certainly proof of that.

  Unfortunately trx is right, a large percentage of law enforcement are goof balls that couldn't earn respect any other way in life and signed up to get a blue light, a gun and a badge.  Not all are bad, I personally know a few law enforcement officers that are great guys, and the killings that just took place are a tragedy.

  I know for a fact that if open carry was already legal and if Anoriginal had been strolling down the street where the shootings occurred he could have easily saved the day as  he would have been carrying 2 Desert Eagle .50s and his compound bow with exploding tipped arrows.

I Heard that he now has the heat seeking exploding tipped arrows.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

FishaHallic

Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 24, 2011, 07:30:34 PM
Quote from: FishaHallic on January 24, 2011, 05:20:57 PM
Wow, it takes all kinds I guess  ???

You are certainly proof of that.

  Unfortunately trx is right, a large percentage of law enforcement are goof balls that couldn't earn respect any other way in life and signed up to get a blue light, a gun and a badge.  Not all are bad, I personally know a few law enforcement officers that are great guys, and the killings that just took place are a tragedy.

  I know for a fact that if open carry was already legal and if Anoriginal had been strolling down the street where the shootings occurred he could have easily saved the day as  he would have been carrying 2 Desert Eagle .50s and his compound bow with exploding tipped arrows.

Another prime example of what is wrong with society. 

FishaHallic

Well there will be 2 funerals this week in St Pete for the fallen officers maybe that would be a good time to show how you feel about many police officers, just show up and picket like your friends in that church group from Kansas.

Chillinthemost

Fish, this thread has to do with open carry laws not fallen police officers. Why dont you go away, far, far away
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

trx#9

Quote from: FishaHallic on January 24, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
Well there will be 2 funerals this week in St Pete for the fallen officers maybe that would be a good time to show how you feel about many police officers, just show up and picket like your friends in that church group from Kansas.
Another Obama supporter shooting up law enforcement.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

FishaHallic

I did not bring up police officers, trx#9 did and he said "Cops are to stupid and will be freaking out everytime they see a gun on someones side." and YOU agreed with him, I just pointed out that 2 police officers died this morning serving a warrant in St Pete when they were both shot and I mentioned the fact that 2 officers were killed in Miami last week also.  Lets not forget the 4 officers that got shot in side the police station in Detroit over the weekend.

BTW again, YOU Chillenthemost agreed with tr#9 when he said "Cops are to stupid and will be freaking out everytime they see a gun on someones side."  And I as a law abiding citizen think that is a disgrace to a civilized society but having met you one time I am not surprised by your tainted views!!!



bluesman

Wow, it takes all kinds I guess 
               wow the pot calling the kettle black!
                           FISHAHOLIC IS AN ASS!!

TNTaylor

Quote from: bluesman on January 25, 2011, 06:36:53 AM

                           FISHAHOLIC IS AN ASS!!

Totally agree...... his posts are intended to create controversy.  He wont go away so the best response to his ASSININE rants is to ignore him.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

Anoriginal

#19
Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 24, 2011, 07:30:34 PM
Quote from: FishaHallic on January 24, 2011, 05:20:57 PM
Wow, it takes all kinds I guess  ???

You are certainly proof of that.

 Unfortunately trx is right, a large percentage of law enforcement are goof balls that couldn't earn respect any other way in life and signed up to get a blue light, a gun and a badge.  Not all are bad, I personally know a few law enforcement officers that are great guys, and the killings that just took place are a tragedy.

 I know for a fact that if open carry was already legal and if Anoriginal had been strolling down the street where the shootings occurred he could have easily saved the day as  he would have been carrying 2 Desert Eagle .50s and his compound bow with exploding tipped arrows.

I'm like Batman....the cops call me in when it's just too heavy for them to handle. Just get me to within 3/4 mile from them and I'll handle the rest.

Quote from: TNTaylor on January 25, 2011, 08:25:45 AM
Quote from: bluesman on January 25, 2011, 06:36:53 AM

                          FISHAHOLIC IS AN ASS!!

Totally agree...... his posts are intended to create controversy.  He wont go away so the best response to his ASSININE rants is to ignore him.

He's the poster child for why stupidity should be painful.

What I carry most of the time...

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/custom-ii/stainless-tle-ii

or

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ultra-carry-ii/ultra-tle-ii

and sometimes...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764951_-1_757770_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

then again, I also carry this...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764964_-1_757769_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

but you never know when this is in the truck with me...

http://www.pof-usa.com/pdw/pdw308.htm

;D
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

shogun323

Very nice. I love my Kimber Ultra Carry II!!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

FishaHallic

Quote from: bluesman on January 25, 2011, 06:36:53 AM
Wow, it takes all kinds I guess 
               wow the pot calling the kettle black!
                           FISHAHOLIC IS AN ASS!!

So you think most LEOs are stupid also, anyone harping on me because I don't think most LEOs are stupid have must have had some run ins with LEOs, I never have so I have nothing to fear.  Again I am on the moral high ground on an argument on this forum.  Remember how you feel when you have a crime committed against you or your family, I'll bet the first thing you do after wiping away your tears is call the law!!!

FishaHallic

BTW, I carry most of the time also but I don't need it, I don't have to hide behind a gun or a keyboard or a moderator label  ;)

FishaHallic

Quote from: TNTaylor on January 25, 2011, 08:25:45 AM
Quote from: bluesman on January 25, 2011, 06:36:53 AM

                           FISHAHOLIC IS AN ASS!!

Totally agree...... his posts are intended to create controversy.  He wont go away so the best response to his ASSININE rants is to ignore him.

Your an A*S*S Clown if you think it is controversial to NOT think most LEOs are stupid.  Have you checked in with your PO lately? 

cobrap

LOL, I stand by and say "freedom of speech.  Fish has that right!  But damn, every time he opens his mouth, he amazingly, proves to me , that he can be such an ASS!
No clue to the real world, no clue what reality is!
Good luck, Fish! Your life suxs!  You can say differently, but your words shows how horrible your life has become.
07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com