Project King Quad

Started by OPowersports, November 06, 2010, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPowersports

Well I was getting bored with the stock King Quad and its lack of power compared to the Brute Force and Can Am's so I decided to make some changes. Well the belt was coming apart so I started there. While changing the belt I machined the front moving sheave 1mm narrower in addition to the 2mm in shims I already had in place. This mod allows the belt to ride deeper in the front Pulleys for a lower gear ratio. I also lightened the rollers from the factory 22 grams down to 20 grams. This mod changes the RPM at which the front pulley pinches the belt forcing it to ride higher in the sheaves as rpm increases.

I put it all back together and boy what a difference. Across the front lawn at work punched it (high range) bike pulled the wheels for a good 30 ft without using any body english. Low range stood the bike straight up unless I hugged the handle bars.

Next will be the addition of exhaust and a VDI ecu.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

Paul_S

Quote from: OPowersports on November 06, 2010, 10:29:29 PM
Well I was getting bored with the stock King Quad and its lack of power compared to the Brute Force and Can Am's so I decided to make some changes. Well the belt was coming apart so I started there. While changing the belt I machined the front moving sheave 1mm narrower in addition to the 2mm in shims I already had in place. This mod allows the belt to ride deeper in the front Pulleys for a lower gear ratio. I also lightened the rollers from the factory 22 grams down to 20 grams. This mod changes the RPM at which the front pulley pinches the belt forcing it to ride higher in the sheaves as rpm increases.

I put it all back together and boy what a difference. Across the front lawn at work punched it (high range) bike pulled the wheels for a good 30 ft without using any body english. Low range stood the bike straight up unless I hugged the handle bars.

Next will be the addition of exhaust and a VDI ecu.

Very cool sir

rzr ridr

Would this work on the rzr Opowersports? ;D
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

OPowersports

Quote from: rzr ridr on November 06, 2010, 10:57:31 PM
Would this work on the rzr Opowersports? ;D
Possibly, I would have to look at the RZR drive system to know for sure.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

BigRickRollin

That Polaris clutch system is ALL together different from the Zuki clutch Matt, and I mean TOTALLY different. There are weights and springs in the polaris clutch that get changed out in a clutch kit, aside from any wet clutch springs.....

rzr ridr

Ive heard about removing a washer from the clutch but im to skeerd to mess with it :-\ :-\ ??? at least now its running perty good ;D ;D ;D just for some reason I wanna go faster :dunno.gif I think
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

OPowersports

Be careful bro you could end up like this guy if you go much faster..
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

Paul_S

LOL Herschel WANTS to be that guy.

rzr ridr

#8
SAWEEET looks like some serious air your right Paul don't that look fuunn ;D ;D ;D I was sceerd to scroll down I thought he was gonna be totaled or something ???
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

Johnny Rotten

Quote from: rzr ridr on November 07, 2010, 04:11:21 PM
Ive heard about removing a washer from the clutch but im to skeerd to mess with it :-\ :-\ ??? at least now its running perty good ;D ;D ;D just for some reason I wanna go faster :dunno.gif I think

Be skeered no more... You have a RZR-S. It doesn't have the spacer on the clutch, just the base RZR did at that time. It just lets the belt ride higher on the pulley to get extra top speed. The stock RZR does 55 to 56 MPH with the spacer and 63 without it. Your RZR-S should already do 63MPH because it should not have this spacer.

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

rzr ridr

Thanks johnny :ThumbsUp.gif I must have a problem because 60 is all I can get then it hits the rev limiter >:( >:( I put a fmf exhaust a fuel controller that may not be dialed in perfect and a K&N air filter and still 60 is all I can get  :dunno.gif was seriously thinking about going back to stock ??? :-\
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

Johnny Rotten

Go with the clutch kit first. Price is not that bad for springs and weights. It will help to get that power to the ground.  That stock clutch system is more than likely having some belt slippage. 

My brother-in-law has the same problem. Looney tune exhaust, tuner, and breather, but the stock clutch just can't get it to the ground efficiently.  The thing is he has the spring and weights but is too chicken to mess with the clutches and pulleys... 

As soon as I get some money back in my pockets I'll be doing the same... ;D
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

rzr ridr

#12
Thanks bro I was looking at one that's adjustable for about 300 bucks just gotta do it I guess ;D ;D ;D when you gonna come to the plex and rip it up ;D ;D ;D
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

Baileygunns

Wow... Way to steal some ones build thread.

rzr ridr

#14
Quote from: Baileygunns on November 08, 2010, 05:05:35 PM
Wow... Way to steal some ones build thread.
No one stole anything I ask him a question and he answered me!!!! but still sorry Opowersports ???
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

Paul_S

Quote from: Baileygunns on November 08, 2010, 05:05:35 PM
Wow... Way to steal some ones build thread.

No biggie, Opowersports will be cool with it  ;D were all friends here  8)

john450r

Cant wait to see how it dose with the exhaust and new ecu matt

greenmachine

sounds like the mods we do on the racing mini quads....lol same principle with a belt driven variator/clutch system. Our rollers are less than 4g each though

OPowersports

Quote from: Paul_S on November 08, 2010, 06:15:22 PM
Quote from: Baileygunns on November 08, 2010, 05:05:35 PM
Wow... Way to steal some ones build thread.

No biggie, Opowersports will be cool with it  ;D were all friends here  8)
Exactly!
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

OPowersports

Quote from: rzr ridr on November 08, 2010, 05:12:11 PM
Quote from: Baileygunns on November 08, 2010, 05:05:35 PM
Wow... Way to steal some ones build thread.
No one stole anything I ask him a question and he answered me!!!! but still sorry Opowersports ???
Its all good, Im not worried about it.  ;)
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

OPowersports

Quote from: john450r on November 08, 2010, 07:26:55 PM
Cant wait to see how it dose with the exhaust and new ecu matt
Looking forward to it myself!  ;D
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

Paul_S

Quote from: OPowersports on November 09, 2010, 03:05:02 AM
Quote from: john450r on November 08, 2010, 07:26:55 PM
Cant wait to see how it dose with the exhaust and new ecu matt
Looking forward to it myself!  ;D

Hopefully it will have a little more power...sick of towing you out of everything,  :P

Johnny Rotten

Quote from: rzr ridr on November 08, 2010, 05:02:40 PM
Thanks bro I was looking at one that's adjustable for about 300 bucks just gotta do it I guess ;D ;D ;D when you gonna come to the plex and rip it up ;D ;D ;D

Now that Opowersport is okay with it... ;)

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive, one way, and I have minimal cash flow coming in right now.  Luckily I did a lot of saving when times were good... ViO  Anyway...

One day I'll start making these trips.  Dirty foot is on the agenda some time in the future too.
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

rzr ridr

HAHA dude if you havent been to the motoplex please make the trip it will be worth the ride just for the park alone not to mention the AWESOME owner and incredible staff and the people that go there wow you will love it I guarantee it :ThumbsUp.gif that's a sweet looking rzr you got it looks like it will eat a track up ;D ;D ;D
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

OPowersports

Quote from: Paul_S on November 09, 2010, 03:07:38 AM
Quote from: OPowersports on November 09, 2010, 03:05:02 AM
Quote from: john450r on November 08, 2010, 07:26:55 PM
Cant wait to see how it dose with the exhaust and new ecu matt
Looking forward to it myself!  ;D

Hopefully it will have a little more power...sick of towing you out of everything,  :P
Umm I believe my bike was the only bike not towed out at Stick Bottom and I know I was the one towing you out of the ditch area near the drag strip ( remember you went in first got stuck, i went in right behind you drove around your sorry stuck piece of machinery rode it to the end then came back and rescued you from what was sure to be a catastrophic failure.) lol
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.