Nightime Team XC Race - Suggestions wanted.....

Started by Paul_S, November 02, 2010, 12:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Structure

Seperate Adult/Kid Race
9 (64.3%)
Kid-Adult Teams
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Paul_S

Just wanted to figure out what you guys thought about a nightime Team XC Race.

I was thinking about doing it the Sat night of our Dec 10th~12th feature.

Not sure of the format, I am open to suggestions, I was leaning toward either a 4 hour grown up race with teams of 2, (and a separate 1 hour kids...which I could run before or even at the same time) or doing a 3 hour Team Race with one kid and one grown up, the kid would run a short lap north of the int track, head back to the staging area, hand off to the grown up, who would do a lap of the 7 mile loop and just keep going between the 2 for 3 hours.

First off...any interest...second off any suggestions?

greenmachine

most race bikes dont have lighting... I think it would be fun though for adults. Just hope that skunk ape dont show up :o

08KFX450r


rzr ridr

#3
It might be fun to do a lap around each track then 7 mile loop and back to the tower :dunno.gif  just throwing something out there ;D ;D ;D im sure that would finish me off ;D ;D ;D see who can do the fastest time without spilling their beer :o no wait see who comes back the least beer :dunno.gif
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

Paul_S

Quote from: rzr ridr on November 03, 2010, 04:43:02 PM
It might be fun to do a lap around each track then 7 mile loop and back to the tower :dunno.gif  just throwing something out there ;D ;D ;D im sure that would finish me off ;D ;D ;D see who can do the fastest time without spilling their beer :o no wait see who comes back the least beer :dunno.gif

That would be fun, but as the park is open for general riding too, we need to keep it in a confined area.

I think I am leaning towards doing the kid/adult and adult/adult as one big race, just have to make the kid area take the same amount of time as the adult in the loop..which is about 12-15 minute lap times.

Not that complicated, doing it that way it is just a team, be it adult/adult or kid/adult, and neither has an advantage. Only real advantage is who has the 525 on their team  ;)  Gonna be strapping some l.e.ds to the Outlaw for this one. Training starts next week.

snackpac74

2006 Honda 450 R TRX Elka etc
2006 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 2" lift 27
2009 APEX 90 MOD BUILT by ECP MINI QuadEast Coast Performance Mini Quad

snackpac74


Not that complicated, doing it that way it is just a team, be it adult/adult or kid/adult, and neither has an advantage. Only real advantage is who has the 525 on their team  ;)  Gonna be strapping some l.e.ds to the Outlaw for this one. Training starts next week.
[/quote]

Harbor Freight has the L.E.D'S  on sale this week.  Don't forget your baby oil  clutch. LOL
2006 Honda 450 R TRX Elka etc
2006 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 2" lift 27
2009 APEX 90 MOD BUILT by ECP MINI QuadEast Coast Performance Mini Quad

Paul_S

Quote from: snackpac74 on November 03, 2010, 05:40:18 PM

Not that complicated, doing it that way it is just a team, be it adult/adult or kid/adult, and neither has an advantage. Only real advantage is who has the 525 on their team  ;)  Gonna be strapping some l.e.ds to the Outlaw for this one. Training starts next week.

Harbor Freight has the L.E.D'S  on sale this week.  Don't forget your baby oil  clutch. LOL
[/quote]

F.U.R, I actually filled up the clutch reservoir with the baby laxative today. I think we found the leak, a bolt had come out of the bottom assembly. Let's see how it does. You coming over to practice one night, we want to borrow lunchbox to figure out the timing of the kids route....hmmm actually the hondahhh of yours goes so slow (rider???) we could just time you  :-*

snackpac74

hummm a night trip.....  Have to think about that one. 
2006 Honda 450 R TRX Elka etc
2006 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 2" lift 27
2009 APEX 90 MOD BUILT by ECP MINI QuadEast Coast Performance Mini Quad

ex400honda

hope to get with chris brown for team mate if all works it will be a definate blast but as we seen sunday he gets into trees at times guess we will bring extra bikes

snackpac74

Quote from: ex400honda on November 04, 2010, 03:43:52 AM
hope to get with chris brown for team mate if all works it will be a definate blast but as we seen sunday he gets into trees at times guess we will bring extra bikes

I though this was a kid and adult race ::)
Not a kid and kid race  :dunno.gif
2006 Honda 450 R TRX Elka etc
2006 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 2" lift 27
2009 APEX 90 MOD BUILT by ECP MINI QuadEast Coast Performance Mini Quad

Paul_S

Quote from: snackpac74 on November 04, 2010, 12:24:45 PM
Quote from: ex400honda on November 04, 2010, 03:43:52 AM
hope to get with chris brown for team mate if all works it will be a definate blast but as we seen sunday he gets into trees at times guess we will bring extra bikes

I though this was a kid and adult race ::)
Not a kid and kid race  :dunno.gif

rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1

ex400honda

nobody said it was a kid race but me and chris can try out for it

ex400honda

chris where ya at need some back up getting alot of sh*t

SuperCoop

Sorry Travis. I guess Chris hung you out to dry on that one.  Unfortunately for you, Super Cooper has first dibs on his daddy  ;D

rzr ridr

[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

SuperCoop

My team is not going to be revealed..... You should try this out Paul, that way if your teamate doesn't show you can ask someone else and no one will be the wiser... ;) ;) ;)

Paul_S

Quote from: SuperCoop on November 05, 2010, 11:46:42 PM
My team is not going to be revealed..... You should try this out Paul, that way if your teamate doesn't show you can ask someone else and no one will be the wiser... ;) ;) ;)

LOL, yeah I'm learning. I got me a team member in mind for this, but I am keeping quiet.


08KFX450r


Chillinthemost

I just thought of a problem. I am a sissy when it comes to the cold, the heat is never a problem, I work in it and am used to it. I dont like being cold and December in north Fl. can be COLD :'( :'(
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Andy9933

[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Paul_S

LOL frosty  ;D

OK the race is going to just be teams, you can be 2 adults, or an adult and a peewee. All competing in the same class together.

We are going to make it so there is no real advantage/disadvantage to having a kid on your team...or having 2 adults on your team.

We are going to run the adults on a 13 minute loop and find a way to have the kids run a loop (a separate loop) that also takes the average peewee 13 minutes (it might be that they do 2 shorter (6-1/2 min runs) per single adult run.




JECKELS

This should be very interesting. "LIL Eckels" is looking forward to this more than I am.
08 RZR+
09 KTM 505
04 YFZ 450
02 RAPTOR
03 Yamaha AR210

JECKELS

Quote from: SuperCoop on November 05, 2010, 11:46:42 PM
My team is not going to be revealed..... You should try this out Paul, that way if your teamate doesn't show you can ask someone else and no one will be the wiser... ;) ;) ;)

Always trying to be sneeky. :o
08 RZR+
09 KTM 505
04 YFZ 450
02 RAPTOR
03 Yamaha AR210

rzr ridr

[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!