Best place to get your suspension rebuilt?

Started by klutchbuster400, July 29, 2010, 11:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klutchbuster400

I'm thinking about getting back into MX, So I want to start off by rebuilding my suspension. I have Elka shocks so naturally I looked into the manufacturer and for them to rebuild all three shocks to my specifications it's going to run me a little over $400. I'm assuming I'm not required to have my suspension rebuilt by the manufacturer, Can I get this done elsewhere cheaper? Locally preferred, in the Miami area.


Thanks,
Jess


zman03

performance atv  ask for ray   305 235-3880  next to tamiami airport
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

greenmachine

Matt Blommel at www.blommelmotorsports.com
He does almost all the shocks at Dade City for the top riders.
Really good guy too.

Ride1Rob

What Greenmachine said... I even heard Blommel can shorten the shafts.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

310R_Dude

Most definitely, Matt Blommel(http://www.blommelmotorsports.com).

I've been to his place and have watched him work on my own shocks and other
peoples too! He's very thorough and gets it done right for you.

My PEP's he rebuilt last week had a problem with the rezzies... he got them warrantied
for me!!! I did not buy the shocks originally either :)

Give 'em a call (813) 714-1325
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

86R


klutchbuster400

Alrighty then, Looks like i'll be giving Matt a call. Thanks fellas.

JCR

I sent my rear fox shock to Matt after I blew it out. It is a way better than new and he is a top notch guy. Def were I will be sending all my stuff to.

klutchbuster400

Quick question as I've been too tied up to call today and seeing as so many of you have dealt with him before...


What was the average cost and turn around time?

I'll be doing a complete shock rebuild, everything but the springs :P

310R_Dude

It's late(Midnight), I txtx'd him... he didn't reply :(  LOL

If no one has an answer for you by the time I get back
from riding tomorrow, @ ThunderX, I'll post up his reply.

- Dan
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

310R_Dude

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on July 30, 2010, 10:06:35 PM
Quick question as I've been too tied up to call today and seeing as so many of you have dealt with him before...


What was the average cost and turn around time?

I'll be doing a complete shock rebuild, everything but the springs :P

Matt text'd me this morning as I was on my way to ThunderX. He said, it
would be from 60.00 to 120.00 per shock. Sometimes just a fluid change and
a nitrogen recharge is all that is necessary. If seals, bump stops etc need
replaced that obviously drives the price up.

Turn around time is about 3 days. Unless you were local, which in that case you
could wait on them while he does them!

HTH's,
- Dan
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: 310R_Dude on July 31, 2010, 10:15:21 PM
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on July 30, 2010, 10:06:35 PM
Quick question as I've been too tied up to call today and seeing as so many of you have dealt with him before...


What was the average cost and turn around time?

I'll be doing a complete shock rebuild, everything but the springs :P

Matt text'd me this morning as I was on my way to ThunderX. He said, it
would be from 60.00 to 120.00 per shock. Sometimes just a fluid change and
a nitrogen recharge is all that is necessary. If seals, bump stops etc need
replaced that obviously drives the price up.

Turn around time is about 3 days. Unless you were local, which in that case you
could wait on them while he does them!

HTH's,
- Dan
Thanks for the info, I'll give him a call monday on my lunch break :P

The shocks haven't been serviced in a very long time, they're over due for a full rebuild.

klutchbuster400

Just got off the phone with Matt, seems like a really cool guy. Sending the shocks out tomorrow on my lunch break :P

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com