Eurika Dam Group Ride I

Started by jjamesbar, June 28, 2005, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwscroll

Where's a good place to camp if your bringing dogs? Noone to dogsit gotta bring em with.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Bigscrb15

The Econo Lodge in Silver Springs that we are staying at allows dogs in certain rooms. That way you could leave the dog in the a/c while riding. Just hoping he doesnt pee on the bed or somethin, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Chillinthemost

jbbj220 the campground that you are thinking about is not the one they are staying in. You are thinking Ocklawaha camp ground, they are very anti ATV. They wont even let you bring them in on a trailer. QT is staying at the campground just west of the "big bridge".
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 02, 2005, 04:38:12 PM
jbbj220 the campground that you are thinking about is not the one they are staying in. You are thinking Ocklawaha camp ground, they are very anti ATV. They wont even let you bring them in on a trailer. QT is staying at the campground just west of the "big bridge".


Qt is stayin at Oklawaha. I hope they allow atvs on trailers because gsxr100 is bringing his and qt, shulco and seebeejim will have their atvs
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

NPRVinson

WTF! You can't have quads even if they are on the trailer. Try Salt Springs across from Elite, they have hot showers, swimming in the springs, and you can have quads on a trailer of course.

Chillinthemost

I thought they were staying at the campground west of the bridge. The unfriendly one is at the very northern end of the forest on fs301 or ne 160th. The unfriendly one would also be about 8 to 10 miles from Eureka.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 02, 2005, 06:17:55 PM
I thought they were staying at the campground west of the bridge. The unfriendly one is at the very northern end of the forest on fs301 or ne 160th. The unfriendly one would also be about 8 to 10 miles from Eureka.


www.outpostresort.com  thats where they are staying, is this the nice one or mean one?


gsxr1000 is online now, maybe they can clear it up.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

GSXR1000

Ocklawaha does allow atvs I spoke with the owner when I was there he said no problem just can not ride in and out of camp have to trailer them. They have to stay on the trailer like ellite.
hope this helps

Chillinthemost

outpost resort=OK  Oklowaha=not OK they have a big freakin sign at the gate NO ATVs
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

qt314nfla

jbbj, i'll look forward to meeting you whether you make it early enough to camp or not.  would love to have more camping though.  i called and she said there wasn't a pool at this place. :-[

qt314nfla

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 02, 2005, 06:50:21 PM
outpost resort=OK  Oklowaha=not OK they have a big freakin sign at the gate NO ATVs

I called Oklawaha and they know that there's a group of atv riders coming.  We can't take them off the trailer there though.  I may go for a ride Friday when we get there.  Not sure yet.

Chillinthemost

I should be up at my place by 6 on fri. I would go for a ride.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

qt314nfla

Cool get in touch w/ me.  My number is 360-2428, nextel dc 161*195037*13.  We're leaving Sarasota between 1-2.  Seebeejim, Shulco and myself are at Oklawaha camp grounds.  Mudbuggy and his crew are at a motel down the road from Ida's place.

backinsaddle

#163
Couple things to make sure I'm at the right place at the right time, especially as I've never been up to that part of the forest and don't really know my way around yet:

This Saturday, meeting at 8:00, riding at 9:00 (I know it's on the first page, just want to be sure).

I looked at the maps posted on this thread, and the directions, and it still took me awhile to find the meeting location.  Can someone look at the maps below and make sure I got it right.  I couldn't tell 100%.

Finally, is parking going to be an issue?  Should we look at alternative parking areas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

jjamesbar

backinsaddle, you got it. thats the place. if parking becomes an issue we will park under or near the bridge. there is a trail from the dam to the bridge and its not far. im sure the local law inforcement will assist us regarding the parking and all the other rules.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

spacerider

It sounde like we will have a good turn out and since this is my first real big run and it being for a good cause I am looking forward to it and meeting most of you...hope to see you all there.


Frankie
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

Muddbuggy

hey,  if we havent had alot of rain up there then its going to be real dusty....Dont forget to buy some dust masks.
they work pretty good, no more black boggies.

MB
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

05greengriz

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 02, 2005, 11:56:07 PM
I should be up at my place by 6 on fri. I would go for a ride.
What time are you leaving Matt?
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

wilburz

Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 02, 2005, 11:59:25 PM
Cool get in touch w/ me.  My number is 360-2428, nextel dc 161*195037*13.  We're leaving Sarasota between 1-2.  Seebeejim, Shulco and myself are at Oklawaha camp grounds.  Mudbuggy and his crew are at a motel down the road from Ida's place.

My daughter is not going with me this coming weekend so I think I am going to camp. You guys got room for another tent? My grandma won't be home on Friday so I don't want to sit around a retirement community in Leesburg by myself. Not fun!
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Bigscrb15

Our plans have changed. We cancelled our hotel and we will now be camping at Ocklawaha, I don't know what campsite though.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

bigscrub79

Willburz i dont know if they allow 2 tents at 1 site but if they do you are more than welcome to share ours. Also we are thinkin about takin a half day canoe trip on sunday. Anyone else interested let us know.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Chillinthemost

Art, I'm going to try to leave between 3 and 4.
QT, I still think that there is confusion about the campgrounds. I just hate for someone to call and make reservations for the wrong place.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

dmljohnson

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 28, 2005, 10:26:12 PM
Quote from: dmljohnson on July 28, 2005, 10:05:38 PM
i am comming too guys...infact heard the talk about a treasure hunt.......lets do it.......i can have Marc starting hiding clues up there since he lives on that side of the woods........

that would be fun. im ready for this ride, ive been too long without riding and im pumped up. it will be cool to meet you dave


yup me too..it has been awhile....i will be happy to ride witht the scrb brothers........i wonder what to take....4x4 or sport quads.....what ppl are taking up there......sport quads or 4x4.....
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

muddmxr

can someone please clarify.....which campground is the party at?  Friday or Saturday?
700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com