Eurika Dam Group Ride I

Started by jjamesbar, June 28, 2005, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qdawg76

Well My wife(Girlieblazer04) and I cant wait for this ride. Picking up my new quad on Saturday so I am like a kid before Christmas waiting on my new baby my wife is getting me. Lets Ride I wanna break this baby in right...... :)
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

ppark350se

ok thanks im just gonna bring  5gallon of gas just in case anybody runs outs.

and a toy!
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

jjamesbar

the thing that suprised me is the most sport bikes use less gas the the utilities. on the last ride matt (chillinthemost) used less gas on his fast azz yfz 450 than i did on my 400 big bear. the same thing happened with trever on his 400ex. now i am haulin more wieght  but the sport bikes arent in high gear most of the time. when im hammering down theyre just crusing. two strokes are a different story. they guzzle gas

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: flblaster04 on July 20, 2005, 04:48:12 PM
Well My wife(Girlieblazer04) and I cant wait for this ride. Picking up my new quad on Saturday so I am like a kid before Christmas waiting on my new baby my wife is getting me. Lets Ride I wanna break this baby in right...... :)

you'll love your new sportsman 500. they're very smooth on the trails and have plenty of power.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

stinky_fingers

Is this ride doable on a Quadzilla and a 250R?   One tank trip or do we need a fuel drop?

Thanks
Jason

ppark350se

this will be my first time to the damm could i get a street adress or a map of were we will be meating?  thank you

andy
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Chillinthemost

There will be no meating going on, its not that kind of a ride ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Qdawg76

Quote from: Chillinthemost on July 21, 2005, 10:33:48 PM
There will be no meating going on, its not that kind of a ride ;D
lol
He set himself up for that response
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

wilburz

Quote from: Chillinthemost on July 21, 2005, 10:33:48 PM
There will be no meating going on, its not that kind of a ride ;D

I second that. If we see meating then there will be beatings!!!!! ;D
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

bigscrub79

How do we get there off of 316?
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

ppark350se

o well looks like i woulnt be there becouse thers no way im gonna find this place owell.  :-\ :-\
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Bigscrb15

this was posted by wilburz in another thread

"this starting point is located just off ne160th st and 1/2 mile north of hyw 316. as you head west from salt springs turn north (just before you cross the  bridge over the ocklawaha river, you will be heading towards ft. mc coy)on ne 160th street, go 1/2 mile look for paved road on left turn there and park in an orderly manner. there are 2 sides to this area, the north side which is legal and the south side that is posted. it would be best if nobody rode in the posted area (even though the climbs and jumps are better) for obvious reasons. "
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

jjamesbar

this map was posted on page 2

[attachment deleted by admin]
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

ppark350se

all i was askin for was an address to go to with mapquest or a closer map of were this is.
i was told about this site by da_mtg_man and i am glad he did becouse this has been a very helpful site.
heck i even bought the sticker for my bike i was just hoping to get to meet some new people and actualy get to ride my bike where it will actualy challenge it.
if its a group ride with a set place to park wouldnt you consider the place were you go to park the meeting place???
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

jwscroll

You gotta be ready for a ribbing on this site sometimes. Hope to see you at the meeting place.
For all who already know, the toy run t-shirts will be here next week. I'll post pics when I get em. I'll PM everyone that ordered already to confirm, probably the day I get the shirts. Thanks to everyone that is participating in the Toyrun part of this ride. I look forward to meeting more people from ATVFlorida.
                 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jjamesbar

Quote from: ppark350se on July 23, 2005, 10:47:53 PM
all i was askin for was an address to go to with mapquest or a closer map of were this is.

if its a group ride with a set place to park wouldnt you consider the place were you go to park the meeting place???

ppark hope you have enough info now to find it. if not let me know. all jokes aside, you will not be disapointed with the ride and you'll get to meet some really good people. we have a good time.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: Chillinthemost on July 21, 2005, 10:33:48 PM
There will be no meating going on, its not that kind of a ride ;D

right matt, the moderaters made us stop doing those kind of rides last year.   ;D
i think it was something to do with the "dude pool" at idamans cabin.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Qdawg76

Whats the count of People that are riding this ride?
Girlieblazer04 and I will be there, Might bring the little girl with us also
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

stinky_fingers

Can this ride be done on a sport quad or is it a 4x4 run?

susieblazer


No descriminations.....all quads are coming.......lol
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

jbbj220

If anyone is counting I will be there along with my son and his girlfrind. Is there going to be a place to drop gas. My son will be rideing a Blaster and you know how those 2 strokes are, gas pigs (hogs). I don't know if it will make it for the whole run of 50 miles. I am hopeing that my warrior and the other on which is also awarrior will make the entire run on 1 tank of gas. Have never checked to see how far it will go.

Ready to ride. wanted to this weekend but my daughters family is coming up from Tampa so must do the family thing.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

GSXR1000

This is the toy ride correct? we will be there but
could someone pls post driving directions cause I
thought I was going to rodman than I realized it was Eurika dam glad I caught that.
ps I will be bring plenty of gas the shee only goes 20miles per tank

Qdawg76

Quote from: GSXR1000 on July 25, 2005, 07:46:37 PM
This is the toy ride correct? we will be there but
could someone pls post driving directions cause I
thought I was going to rodman than I realized it was Eurika dam glad I caught that.
ps I will be bring plenty of gas the shee only goes 20miles per tank
Directions are on page 1 here this should help
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4253.0.html
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

stinky_fingers

Two people coming from Ocala...   Where can we drop fuel or is a gas station close by along the way?  Not sure I can make it 50 miles on my LT500? 

Is anyone bringing a 4x4 with a cooler?  Wondered if I could throw a couple bottles of water in?

Thanks
Jason

bigscrub79

Quote from: stinky_fingers on July 26, 2005, 08:52:12 AM
Is anyone bringing a 4x4 with a cooler?  Wondered if I could throw a couple bottles of water in?

Thanks
Jason
I am sure someone will have a cooler, i think i might bring one and you are more than welcome to throw something in mine.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com