2010 Plex MX Quad & Dirt Bike Series

Started by Paul_S, May 27, 2010, 06:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

Here are the latest classes and information for the Quad & Dirt Bike Series.

Few key points, we are going to try and run it SX style, with heats, main and a LCQ. Will depend on having at least 10 entries in the class. If we have less than 10 entries in that class....we will run it on the 2 moto format.

We are going to have a BBQ every event...free for racers, just $5.00 for their fans.

There is a good chance that the races on Sept 25th will be televised.  ;)

We are having a free, 3 lap practice prior to the race, for those that don't want to participate in the paid morning practice.

No gate fees for racers and their fans.

We have 3 dirt bike classes and will happily add more as interest picks up.


bseckel

What is the QUalifications for Novice, and Intermed. Since I dont do MX I think I would be a Novice.

Paul_S

Quote from: bseckel on May 27, 2010, 08:44:47 PM
What is the QUalifications for Novice, and Intermed. Since I dont do MX I think I would be a Novice.

This season will set the benchmark.

It is whatever you feel comfortable with for the first year.

I am racing either novice or vet, so you may be up against me  ;D

I think Bill (Hitman) will race the same class as me. I will wait for the initial race day and try to pad the classes out a little, I like the SX format and would want to try and race in a class that qualified for that.

bseckel

I am realy going to have to Practice, Bill is getting fast. And you, you ride a pooolaris so you will probably break before finishing the race. ;)

Andy9933

Quote from: bseckel on May 27, 2010, 08:54:39 PM
I am realy going to have to Practice, Bill is getting fast. And you, you ride a pooolaris so you will probably break before finishing the race. ;)

Man paul he is already talking sheet. :o
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

SuperCoop

Chris wasn't sure what class to run either.  Novice sounds good to him too.  ;D

Paul_S

Quote from: Andy9933 on May 27, 2010, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: bseckel on May 27, 2010, 08:54:39 PM
I am realy going to have to Practice, Bill is getting fast. And you, you ride a pooolaris so you will probably break before finishing the race. ;)

Man paul he is already talking sheet. :o


Paul_S

Quote from: SuperCoop on May 27, 2010, 09:55:32 PM
Chris wasn't sure what class to run either.  Novice sounds good to him too.  ;D

Chris would probably be better off in the intermediate class.  :o

Motoplex_Hitman

I think anyone that can clear the step up on the back side of the the track is not a Novice. lol   ;D
Think of the Novice class as an intro to racing.
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

Paul_S

Quote from: Motoplex_Hitman on May 27, 2010, 10:45:03 PM
I think anyone that can clear the step up on the back side of the the track is not a Novice. lol   ;D
Think of the Novice class as an intro to racing.

I was kinda thinking that too, lol. We just reworked the first double (today) so it's a bit more makeable for the better riders like Chris and Matt, so now Chris will be able to hit ALL the 4 doubles on the back straightaway, I can hit none, so unless we do a ultra novice, Chris might want to rethink that.

Maybe we can make classes on what we clear IDK??

Motoplex_Hitman

Is that first double set up as a little Kahuna?
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

Paul_S

Quote from: Motoplex_Hitman on May 27, 2010, 11:24:45 PM
Is that first double set up as a little Kahuna?

It's still pretty big, but I put in a lot of dirt behind the jump face so it's not so harsh if you just roll it, I also moved the landing back toward the jump a little and made it a bit bigger.

I did work on Big Kahunas, just brought in some more dirt to close the gap to the hop to landing.

bseckel

Im deffinatly in Novice then I cant clear anything in the back row hell come to think of it I only clear the first small double, I really need to Practice.

SuperCoop

He was just kidding on the Novice class, lol, he is actually leaning towards running the 35+ class but, is going to enter the class with the most entries. More entries = More ninji training.  ;) Anyways Chris is way too intimidated by the 525 he is staying away from you Paul.

Paul_S

Quote from: SuperCoop on May 28, 2010, 06:37:09 AM
He was just kidding on the Novice class, lol, he is actually leaning towards running the 35+ class but, is going to enter the class with the most entries. More entries = More ninji training.  ;) Anyways Chris is way too intimidated by the 525 he is staying away from you Paul.


Ninjie status is hard to come by. Winning the class alone will not make anyone get ninjie status...but truthfully as Chris is already trainee ninjie after his amazing roll the bike over himself...get up AND STILL WIN THE RACE performance in his heat of the TBRD weekend..if he wins his class, we will definitely grant him that honor.

You better believe he is scared of the 525....eh, who isn't.

It has the same motor as Carlini's bike, so I technically, I'm assuming it will make me as fast as him.


Motoplex_Hitman

Quote from: Paul_S on May 28, 2010, 07:33:56 AM
Quote from: SuperCoop on May 28, 2010, 06:37:09 AM
He was just kidding on the Novice class, lol, he is actually leaning towards running the 35+ class but, is going to enter the class with the most entries. More entries = More ninji training.  ;) Anyways Chris is way too intimidated by the 525 he is staying away from you Paul.


Ninjie status is hard to come by. Winning the class alone will not make anyone get ninjie status...but truthfully as Chris is already trainee ninjie after his amazing roll the bike over himself...get up AND STILL WIN THE RACE performance in his heat of the TBRD weekend..if he wins his class, we will definitely grant him that honor.You better believe he is scared of the 525....eh, who isn't.

It has the same motor as Carlini's bike, so I technically, I'm assuming it will make me as fast as him.


Be careful  remember Ninjas don't show up on radar. You will never see him.
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

SuperCoop

You know what happens when you ASSUME Paul... :o

There is probably only one person that more scared of the 525 than Chris, and that is you Paul.  ;)

Hope everyone has a FUN and SAFE weekend.  Chris is bumming that he isn't out there with you guys this weekend.

snackpac74

Well i am sure I wil be in the novice class... Hey Paul as much practice you get you should be clearing all the jumps by now.  ;)
2006 Honda 450 R TRX Elka etc
2006 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 2" lift 27
2009 APEX 90 MOD BUILT by ECP MINI QuadEast Coast Performance Mini Quad

DALEQUAD

Quote from: Motoplex_Hitman on May 27, 2010, 10:45:03 PM
I think anyone that can clear the step up on the back side of the the track is not a Novice. lol   ;D
Think of the Novice class as an intro to racing./color]
or.... old, out of shape and dont like to jump guy class :o
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Wheres the LFG class?

Large Fat Guys class.   ;)
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

JECKELS

Finally a class were I know I will fit in. Nice call, LFG class.
08 RZR+
09 KTM 505
04 YFZ 450
02 RAPTOR
03 Yamaha AR210

Paul_S

HA HA, we were actually talking about a LFG class yesterday  ;D

rzr ridr

eh yall trying to offend me here or what ;D I defitnetly qualify for this class :drink.gif
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

DALEQUAD

Quote from: rzr ridr on June 01, 2010, 07:20:31 PM
eh yall trying to offend me here or what ;D I defitnetly qualify for this class :drink.gif

yup thats what we do around here  :R :R
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Andy9933

How's Matt doing? Is he back on the bike yet?
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com