paint shop in south east fl

Started by HolyLandMan, April 26, 2010, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolyLandMan

i live near ft lauderdale and currently have a black Si, but it only looks good after i wash it and it probally stays clean for a whole 10 min, and u can see every little nic and swirl on the car. im tired of trying my hardest and it still looking like crap. i was thinking of painting it red with black flakes, or just any color except black. any suggestions are welcome. but back to my point, is there anywhere near ft lauderdale where they paint cheap but good quality paint.
06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come

miker

Cheap and good shouldn't be in the same sentence.  Peerless in Pompano is really good.  I had a few mustangs painted there.   

HolyLandMan

well less expensive  ::) . how much do u think it would cost to paint just the outside of a honda civic, not inside the door jams and stuff like that
06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come

IXIswamperIXI

You could find a good detailer to get the swirls out, and then ask him to show you how to get them out.  When I wet sand a white car for example it takes 2 coumpounds but when it is a dark color (black,blue,red) it takes 4.  And it takes a while.

I will look for the system I use to show you
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Mudneck

Swamper you all paint at your shop? Ive got a Dually cab I need done.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: Mudneck on April 26, 2010, 08:47:03 PM
Swamper you all paint at your shop? Ive got a Dually cab I need done.

No, I have one painter.  Thats one thing I havent done... that is pulling the trigger on a paint gun.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

This is the system I use.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=66666UuZjcFSLXTtNXTy5XT6EVuQEcuZgVs6EVs6E666666--

Well you dont need to start with step 1 or 2.  If you have light scratches start with step 3 then 4 and 5.  If dont have light scratches start with 4 then 5. 

These videos are a short explaination of that system. Part 2 is more what you are looking for.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=744UtkzXdM8&feature=player_embedded

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxDYv_SkLuw&feature=player_embedded




I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

HolyLandMan

ill try that out but still black gets dirty way to fast
06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com