First trip to the range with the new M&P - took the kids

Started by buythisatvstuff, April 13, 2010, 12:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buythisatvstuff

Got to a local range to try out the new M&P .22 today and loved it ! Took my 8 and 9 year olds along and they had a blast. I had talked about it being particular on what brand ammo and all, but found out it works well with the Federal bulk ammo. I was able to get 525 rounds for less than $20, so shooting is not only fun but cheap. I didn't get video, but the kids did very well. Started them out at 20-25 feet and within 3 shots they each had a bullseye. My 8 year old boy decided he wanted to try the 9mm pistol I brought as well. I honestly thought he might drop it or something, but not only did he hold on to it, he hit the target in the 8 ring. Having a new toy is nice, but being able to share it with the kids is much better  ;D
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

crom A zone

i think the red dot sight i got for my gsg also fits the mand p   u can get iot cheap on ebay for $40 and it makes shooting so much more fun
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

buythisatvstuff

No didn't get pics. It was a last minute thing. Plan on getting some when we go back and plan to stay longer. hopefully soon.

Crom- send me a link if you don't mind.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

crom A zone

i will try and get it


just go to ebay and type in mandp scope and it should come up
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

buythisatvstuff

went back to the range today with the .22. I had heard it was picky on what ammo it used. I was pleased to find that it likes the Federal bulk ammo just fine. under $20 for 550 rounds. I went through @750 rounds today without a single hiccup. no problem, no ftf, nothing but reliably firing. Not too bad for a plinker.  ;)
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

buythisatvstuff

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !