definition of a bad day ?

Started by buythisatvstuff, January 18, 2010, 08:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buythisatvstuff

Going to softball practice and your daughter breaking her $350 bat  :'(  Not just a little dent, no it has a 6 inch crack in the double walled aluminum.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

trx#9

350 dollars for a softball bat, are you crazy? 




Oh wait a minute, forgot who I was talking to. :D
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

gearhead400

About 10 years ago that was how much you had to spend for a decent aluminum bat! I always borrowed my teamates haha.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

buythisatvstuff

This is a hybrid  composit/aluminum  Very nice bat, just not as durable as I had hoped for.

http://www.demarini.com/demarini/product.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198674745010&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302760192


Hey Trx you should be glad. If I was like your hero I'd want you and others to pay to buy me a new one through some government program resulting in another rise in income taxes on the middle class :P
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

trx#9

Quote from: buythisatvstuff on January 18, 2010, 09:32:54 PM
This is a hybrid  composit/aluminum  Very nice bat, just not as durable as I had hoped for.

http://www.demarini.com/demarini/product.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198674745010&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302760192


Hey Trx you should be glad. If I was like your hero I'd want you and others to pay to buy me a new one through some government program resulting in another rise in income taxes on the middle class :P
You mean a high school program.  :o
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

shogun323

A bad day is more like being raped by 100 gay giants.

Does the bat have a warranty?
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Paul_S

Quote from: shogun323 on January 18, 2010, 10:00:33 PM
A bad day is more like being raped by 100 gay giants.

Not to buythisatv....that would be like a dream come true  :-*

buythisatvstuff

Quote from: trx#9 on January 18, 2010, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: buythisatvstuff on January 18, 2010, 09:32:54 PM
This is a hybrid  composit/aluminum  Very nice bat, just not as durable as I had hoped for.

http://www.demarini.com/demarini/product.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198674745010&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302760192


Hey Trx you should be glad. If I was like your hero I'd want you and others to pay to buy me a new one through some government program resulting in another rise in income taxes on the middle class :P
You mean a high school program.  :o


Another stunning example of why my kids don't go to public schools  ::)       :D
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

buythisatvstuff

Quote from: shogun323 on January 18, 2010, 10:00:33 PM
A bad day is more like being raped by 100 gay giants.

Does the bat have a warranty?


I guess your idea of a bad day, my idea of he!!, and paul's idea of Heaven are all the same.

I'm not sure if it's still in warranty or not. Either way it's close. I  bought it for her last season. Now I'm charged with the task of locating that dang receipt.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

trx#9

You might of left it in Limbaugh's intestant.  :D
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

buythisatvstuff

Quote from: trx#9 on January 18, 2010, 10:37:36 PM
You might of left it in Limbaugh's intestant.  :D

I didn't realize I had stuck it to the end of your.................well nevermind. Now quit dreaming about me and Rush  :P

That's ok I was thinking about getting her one of these anyway 
http://www.justbats.com/product.view.aspx?p=9596

Anyone familiar with Miken bats that can give some comments from experience ?
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

gearhead400

Nope, why don't you check with play it again for a few weeks and see what turns up? You can get some great deals! Or atleast I have.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

AintSkeered

We had no issues with my 13 y.o.'s Miken bat for more than a year. None, save for it's too light for him now.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

digginfool

My son swings a Combat B2.  Excellent bat and more durable than the Easton or Louisville he was swinging before.  The Combat is very well balanced and has helped my son's batting performance.  The problem with the double-wall bats is the bat has too much end weight which increases the moment of inertia.  With a quality single-wall, the moment of inertia is closer to the batter, making it easier to accelerate the bat.  The other problem with the double-wall is exactly what you just experienced; cracks and most often on the inner wall, reducing your bat to a $350.00 maraca.   ;)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Sleazy_Rider78

Miken offers a one year warranty from the date of purchase on their bats. Go to their website www.mikensports.com/warranty/

Hopefully you can find the receipt. On the website you can fill out a return authorization form.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

buythisatvstuff

Great news !!! I did find the receipt and Demarini is going to send me a brand new bat !  I'm so relieved.

I'm really looking at a Miken Halo light or a Miken Icon for my younger daughter. Anyone have experience with these ? They seem to be very similar.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

TurboGSXR

(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com