ATVFLORIDA Search & Rescue

Started by kawGIRL, June 22, 2005, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawGIRL

I just thought I would throw this out there to see what kind of response I'd get.
As in the news about the Boy scout being found by some ATVers how about us ATVFL Members shout out if they are willing to help in anyway if something like that ever happens in our State.

We could go about it in a couple of ways, one: would be have a forum maybe on the Home page where the Sheriff's Dept could have access to phone numbers of volunteers in a 911 situation, or two: have some Key district people to make the calls once they get the word and know what area.

My ATV Club "The Southern Knights" in Brevard Co. already has set up a Search & Rescue with the County.

Need to think about this some more .... any Help out there?
If nothing else just to let them know that we are ready and able to help.
Hopefully we will have never that situation :(
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Chuck_Norris

IM IN

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bigscrb15

Great idea!!! I would love to volunteer to do this.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Da_Mtg_Man

Fantastic idea Kawgirl. My family is definitely in. Who wants to take the bull by the horns and get this started?
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

PureLogic

Kawgurl got to start a roster with people you can call on when the need arises
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

SkyHighT100

I'm in for Volusia County and the surrounding area ;)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Hollywood

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr


bluesman


YamahaFirefighter

Count me in.  I am located in the Orlando area.
Gordon
04 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4

Ida_Mann

I'm in for Volusia, Orange, and anywhere in ONF.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

kawGIRL

That's great that everyone is in ;D
But we need more ideas on how to organize this...I know there are some law enforcement people here... any help guys?
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

bigscrub79

I am in and i can travel anywhere in the state doesnt matter to me where.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

COOLRAUL n DOXANNE

02 GRIZZLY 660 / 28' outlaws/ snorkels/ supertrapp pipe/3000lb Winch

jwscroll

It would have to be by region, with other regions on call for extended searches. A central contact to send out the alarm and direct regional commanders. A liason w/the state and local law enforcement in order to recieve instructions and notifications. Some sort of organized training seeing as how not everyone has conducted search & rescue operations.
Just some ideas.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

kawGIRL

That's what I'm talking about Jon ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Bigscrb15

Here is a good article on ATV Search and Recuse.
http://www.atvillustrated.com/feature_articles/SAR/article.html

I like the idea of the RRAMSAR. It sounds like they have a good training program, but able to be done by working people. Maybe if we can get in touch with them they can give us tips on how to get started.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

PureLogic

Jwscrool you had another post about getting points I think this is one. I love the Idea because I was on both sides of the rescue fence. Kawgurl jwscroll had and interesting point and that is we have to utilize a program like jwsscroll said. I have been wondering why this site  hasn't already started one of these long ago. This would definitely put atv enthusiast in a positive light! Lets Git R Done!!!
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

kawGIRL

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on June 23, 2005, 03:33:02 PM
Here is a good article on ATV Search and Recuse.
http://www.atvillustrated.com/feature_articles/SAR/article.html

I like the idea of the RRAMSAR. It sounds like they have a good training program, but able to be done by working people. Maybe if we can get in touch with them they can give us tips on how to get started.

I would love to go there and train ;)

So we have some great ideas going, I'm sorry but I have been side-tracked with work have not been able to put 100% of my thoughts into this.  I'm changing my though pattern as of now, will compute all of these idea's.
Anyone else who can jump in and help feel free ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

jwscroll

We shouldn't have to go there and train. Brevard Co. is home to the AirForce SAR team & the sherriff has a good team. Coordinate some training w/them. Like the article said, each area has specific challanges such as swamps and marshlands in our case.
First step is to get a list of willing Individual volunteers as well as clubs that wish to participate, then divide those volunteers into regions. These ppl would be the immediate response team for emergency search & rescue in that region and could call upon the resources of the other regions starting w/the closest and work on down the line as needed.
Not everyone would need detailed training, mostly the searchparty leaders and coordinators. The searchers can take orders from the party leader and report findings back to the party leader who can then set the proper wheels in motion ( EMT,Fire,or set up crimescene perimeters).
These are just some ideas, Kawgirl if you need me to do anything you know where to find me.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

dmljohnson

What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

CAOSPOP

Im in law enforcement. I also have hook ups with s&r dogs for the school police dept. in addition i would love to help will travel across the state.

in in th e nextel directory if you need me.

singleshot

Count me in.  I have always wanted to volunteer for searches when I hear about missing people on the news.
2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme

qt314nfla

Count me in.  I think this is a really great idea that's long over due.  I agree it would put ATVers in a much better light.  PM me for contact info, if you have nextel I'm on that list.
Doc B

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

Your idea is commendable. Contact your local law enforcement agencies and get their input. Each agency has different policies that address volunteer activities.

jwscroll

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

GSPKurt

I'm in for Levy-Gilchrist-Alachua-Marion Counties.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com