YFZ 450 Exhaust Suggestion

Started by Pat, June 21, 2005, 06:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Looking for any suggestions as to which exhaust pipe to put on my YFZ 450. I'm a bigger guy and would like some additional low end power.
FMF? Yoshimura? GYT? ...not sure if its GYT...the Yamaha brand.
Thanks in advance,
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Pat, I have HMF and it works really good, now they have a HMF QUIET, not as loud and it gives that extra power your looking for, Yoshi will be my second choice... it is just me hope it helps some.
Don't forget to re-jet and put a good air filter, I took my air box lead of.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

arod

 what i have on my yfz is the ALBA pipe. the difference is very noticable.
-pipe
-header
-billet intake flange/max flow adapter
-K&N filter
-OUTERWEAR
-jets,needle
all for $449.00 best bang for the buck if you ask me. i have had mine over one year with no problems(breaking)

Chuck_Norris

I am running the  White Brothers E-series2 great piece excellent power. in talking to Rick Todd he suggested running a Ron Wood Exhaust. from what I understand the headpipe is nearly 2'' inches in diameter. It is very loud however

Pat

Are any of these pipes as loud or louder than the FMF? My brother-in-law has a Yoshi pipe and I don't think its as loud.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Lost Soul

Pro Circuit...big sound, big power.

I run the T4..but it's on a 450R.

I don't know how it would look on the Yamaha, because I don't have REAR VIEW MIRRORS.  ;)

Chillinthemost

Until I get beat by a bike with a pipe, I aint buying one. Personaly, I think they are a lot of hype and many of them are obnoxiously loud. All of the pipe tests are done against a stock pipe but I would like to see the results with a moddified stock pipe. I wecome anyone to come to the sand drags on Sat. and prove me wrong ;D. All of the exhausts are just shiny, pricy glass packs. If I was buying a pipe though it would be a Ron Woods or ESR.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Pat

Chillinthemost...good point...It is mostly the rider's ability. However, I'm 6'3" 205 and was thinking that more horsepower would help coming off corners where I need to accelerate rapidly to hit a jump. Since I'm above average in height and weight I was thinking it just might help.
Thanks again,
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Exmx54

If you're looking for more lowend but still wanting to retain some good topend, then I've been hearing the new Nmotion pipes are great. I have a sparks pipe, it's awsome, not much gain down low, if any at all, but it really wakes up the mid-top end. TC's are also extremely good lowend pipes, probaly the best, but sheild your ears cause its loud!

sct450

i have a fmf Q not sure about the difference i bought it like that  just had to get it jetted 180 main/40 pri.would it be better with a new pipe?
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

KXKID


Yamaha72

I have two friends with YFZ's one has an HMF and the other has a Curtis Sparks. Me personally I like the sparks better. The HMF is not a Big power gain but a good overall exhaust and the Sparks hits like crazy in the MID range.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Chuck_Norris

YFZtech.com has indicated the the ESR system pulls hard all over the RPM range good reading over there

ftrvet#76

I have been doing all the FTR XC races on a stock piped 2005 yamaha yfz450 and some MX racing and have won alot at both of them, I say you dont need the extra noise and less sound = more riding ground!!!!! ;D
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

klutchbuster400