UPDATE! Help our troops call home!

Started by qt314nfla, June 20, 2005, 11:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qt314nfla

I know this isn't on the atv topic.

I am going to be sponsoring Devildogg55's unit and sending them phone cards to call home as a donation from my office. 

I have set up a pay pal account so that anyone that is interrested from this website can get invloved.  From now through the end of August I will be collecting donations for phone cards .

I am running this promotion in my office (Suncoast Chiropractic) for the month of July and August to help collect funds.  100% of all donations made will be used to purchase calling cards for the troop selected.  I will send the money collected at the end of August.

Donations in any amount can be made on paypal.com.  Even the smallest amount will add up at the end of the month.  So don't think your donation won't make a difference.

Send donations to paypal address, dr-birks@suncoastchiro.com.  If you have any questions or would like to contact me check my web site for contact information, www.suncoastchiro.com / news.

Thanks in advance for those who choose to help me try to make a difference.


Doc B/ qt314nfla

gery350

 i dont know any troops but its a hell of an idea and i applaud you for it. :)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

You're telling me the troops risking their lives have to pay to call the US?
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

#3
Yes, the latest info that I got was that they had to purchase their own calling cards to call home.  So I'm attempting to offer some help.  I know it's not much as it's only one unit.  But everything has to start somewhere.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

I'm just in shock that our government doesn't foot the bill on something as important as this. What's up with that? Anyways I'm glad there are people like you to help out  :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

big-daddy

Somebody got the wrong idea here. our troops doesnt pay for calls, if they use the phones in the base and also they dont pay for stamps.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

qt314nfla

#6
I just called the reserves and they said they do pay for their own cards to call their families.  That's the reason I decided to try to give something back. 

outtolunch

My sister-in-law came home about two weeks ago!!
My wife use to send coffee creamers (flavored), smokes, magazines, and just about anything that would make her life comfortable.  She was always very appreciative of everything we sent. So if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

devildog55

#8
hey qt this is realy cool, i would realy apereteate something like this. my address is
LCpl Mullis Micheal
MSSG 31 HQs Det
Unit 38463
FPO AP 96604-8463
im allways spending money on phone cards, about 20 bucks a week, so this would be realy cool. and just to get every thing straight  we do pay for phonecalls and stamps and for the people that think the military get every thing for free we pay for every thing besides housing. they take 200 bucks a month for the chow hall, and for all of our uniforms they took the money  out of our checks at bootcamp. but anyways thank you very much for being some considerate. im shore any one who receives a free phone card will thank you also. ;D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

big-daddy

Thanks devildog for correcting me. I have 3 cousins in Iraq and they don't pay for Phone calls home. Are you here in the states? Maybe because there out in the desert?   
They use Satellite Phones on the base to call home. Max of 5 minutes per person. They tell me there a long line to make a call out.  Thanks again for correcting me...   
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

devildog55

na man im in okinawa right now, but soon to be there as soon as i get the word. they like to keep us in the dark for the most part. sorry about gettin a lil routy there its just ive been hearin alot of stuff lately about people thinkin that the military has it so easy, like that micheal cain or what ever his name is, i thought you were one of those people. anybody who has family in the sand box knows how it is though. i didnt know about the free calls and stamps overthere though, thats pretty cool.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

big-daddy

  Yes, I know how it is there. First day there, Sergio got hit by flying scrape metal. Bounced off his helmet and knock him out. His home for a few weeks before he goes back to the desert. He tells me the worst part is sleeping in the desert in the fox holes went there out on patrols and the sand storms. Sand gets into everything, food, clothes and there weapons. Good Luck and keep your head down. Thanks for giving us the right too be free.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Seabeejim

When we first got into Iraq we disn't even have phones to call home unless a special comm units would hook you up with the sat phones.  When we finally got lines we had to use phone cards, even in Kuwait we had to use phones cards.  We sometimes would get DSL hooks to a stateside base but your card would be from the base area to wherever you were calling.  Trust me cards are good and anything else is good too.  Remember if it melts don't send it. 
XR 50 with stickers and mods

qt314nfla

I will be sending the money to a person in charge of delivering the cards to the troop.  I'm aware there are some cards that are more valuable than others so I'm getting the info there as well.  Just trying to give something back. 

Jim, I'll be doing some kind of thing from my office for several charities in the Sarasota area through out the year.  So any charities you know of please send me the info so I can get them on my marketing calendar.

qt314nfla

I will be sponsoring one of our very own.  A Florida resident and atv entusiast.  Devildog55's troop.  Also known as:

LCpl Mullis Micheal
MSSG 31 HQs Det
Unit 38463
FPO AP 96604-8463

Thank you for your service.  It's not going unnoticed or unappreciated.
Doc B

GSPKurt

Doc B.-
$25 on the way via PayPal. God bless you. ;D
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

qt314nfla

Kurt thank you so much I've received your donation.

I was having a problem w/ the account so anything sent prior to today was not received.  The account has been resolved and everything is ok. 

I had another thought that if someone isn't on paypal they are welcome to mail a check to my office Suncoast Chiropractic, 3034 University Parkway, Sarasota, Florida 34243. Write on the bottom or in your paypal "Troops" so I know where to allocate the money.

dreth

hey QT! Instead of giving me the money for the shirt just give it to the troops! its only $15 but i dont have a paypal account yet ??? working on it ;)

qt314nfla

Money sent on your behalf.  You have an email confirmation.

qt314nfla

#19
Backinsaddle thanks for your donation.  Very much appreciated.

I have a spot on my webpage of donations to date.  So far $65.  I'll be updating the site daily. 

Da_Mtg_Man

Just sent mine.
This is a great thing that you are spearheading. Thanks for starting this Doc.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Marie_ATV_Labelle_

Hi all this is a great thing your doing my son will be shipping out in Aug. not sure if any of you are aware  but the national gaurd unit in Arcadia has been activated  so we will have a lot of are guys over there that can use all the support from home they can get..

                                                                      Marie  :)

MikeP

Hello my name is Madie. I am using a friends username. I would just like to thank you for helping the troops. My husband is overseas for the 2nd time and he would love to know that there are people like yourself out there that are willing to do something for them. He is also a fellow devildog. Just to let everyone know that does not have or know anyone over there. They do have to buy thier calling. Its disgusting to know that AT&T is making money off our troops. It cost my husband little over $35.00 a week to just call home. Thats just not right.
05 Grizzly

Mrs.Nightbreed

That is a great idea! I would never have thought of something like this. I had no idea how much it cost them just to call their families >:( :'(
I sent a little now and will send a little more towards the end of the month.

GSPKurt

Quote from: QT314Nfla on June 24, 2005, 05:42:14 PM
So far $65.  I'll be updating the site daily. 

ONLY $65 ? ? C'MON, PEOPLE!!!!

ANTE UP!!!!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com