jetting problems!!

Started by CrazyCat420, June 19, 2005, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyCat420

I have a dvx400 I put a hmf header and pipe on and changed out my main jet quad was runing great I then put a new intake cam in and begain running lean we bumped up my piolet jet and now I am running rich some were after running quad for a while when I shut it off I get a big puff and some times small flame out of the pipe I know this can not be good!!  it seems to run fine when I hit the gas hard and stay on it and I do not get much back fireing when I let off but on the bottom end when I try to put along it I get a bit of hesitation and it seems like it wants to die on me????? 

any one have any Ideas??
thanks Crazy cat

IT200

You went to big on your pilot jet. Flames out the exhaust mean to much fuel. go back to your original pilot jet and raise your needle a noch.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

CrazyCat420

the stock carb on these quads do not have an adjustable needle on them.

J.D.

Go to a z 400 website and look around...Or get a needle out of a DRZ 400 .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Chuck_Norris

#4
touch base with bigworm3699 He just did some jet work on his DVX. sounds rich though

reloader50bmg

GO back to your old pilot jet, shim the needle .020" to .030" you will be fine!!!
check float level too!!
03. praire with a butt load of mods!!!

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

the needle is adjustable. I raised mine 2 notches
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.