Any info on 12v semi-portable water storage/shower?

Started by IXIswamperIXI, March 31, 2009, 02:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I have started looking into getting a 30-50gal tank, 12v pump, hose, and shower head.  When we go riding we can wash off a little before heading home.  It is getting more and more involved with my son going with us.  Has anyone on here bought a kit or built one themselves?  I don't mind building it but I don't like "rigging" stuff to work, which in turn gets expensive.  So I thought I would ask if anyone on here has looked into this and/or done it.  I am starting to do more one day trips thats why I am looking into this.  Thanks

IXIswamperIXI
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Keeter

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on March 31, 2009, 02:29:27 PM
I have started looking into getting a 30-50gal tank, 12v pump, hose, and shower head.  When we go riding we can wash off a little before heading home.  It is getting more and more involved with my son going with us.  Has anyone on here bought a kit or built one themselves?  I don't mind building it but I don't like "rigging" stuff to work, which in turn gets expensive.  So I thought I would ask if anyone on here has looked into this and/or done it.  I am starting to do more one day trips thats why I am looking into this.  Thanks

IXIswamperIXI

I am using a 12v bilge pump with 4.5 gpm out on the trail to stick in a clean water source and flush my radiator on those extra muddy days.  Plugs right into the accessory plug on my bike..Works great.

http://www.quadovator.com/901084.html
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

dj_pizzim

#2
55 gal drum, a bilge pump, some hose and a shower head  ;)
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

Keeter

2019 Can Am 850 XMR

JackL

12volts, bah.

$100 Harbor Freight.



2 stroke, six pounds. 31GPM.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Chillinthemost

I have a 30 gal. tank in my enclosed trailer with a washdown pump. I have a sink inside the trailer and a spigot on the outside. I usually take bathing suites to change into and then wash up outside and have a clean ride home. I dont have a way to heat the water though, so this is more of a warm weather deal. If its cold we ride home a little dirtier.
  Second most important thing to have in you trailer (if you have an enclosed) is a toilet. My kids crap in mine EVERY time we go out.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

Don't believe anything Chillin says. He washes off with Coors Light. I've seen him do it over and over again. Here's a a couple of pictures proving it.





Oh, and I sometimes sneak over to his house and crap in his trailer when he's not looking. Only I don't use the toilet.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Keeter

Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 03, 2009, 09:20:02 AM
I have a 30 gal. tank in my enclosed trailer with a washdown pump. I have a sink inside the trailer and a spigot on the outside. I usually take bathing suites to change into and then wash up outside and have a clean ride home. I dont have a way to heat the water though, so this is more of a warm weather deal. If its cold we ride home a little dirtier.
  Second most important thing to have in you trailer (if you have an enclosed) is a toilet. My kids crap in mine EVERY time we go out.

Install a bidet,, then they will stop.  ;D
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

JackL

Quote from: Anoriginal on April 03, 2009, 10:12:49 AM
Oh, and I sometimes sneak over to his house and crap in his trailer when he's not looking. Only I don't use the toilet.


How do you wipe?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

AintSkeered

Wipe with any sheet of paper. Just crinkle it up, tear a small piece out the middle and put aside. Stick your finger threw the hole in the paper, wipe with your finger and paper will protect the anything from getting on the rest of your hand. Now, wipe off your finger with the paper and then use that small piece(of paper you tore out to make the hole) to clean under your finger nail. :)
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Moose

Here's what I did.

40gal RV water tank from ebay RV surplus seller, rectangle shape, load it across the bed behind the cab.
Coleman propane hot water on demand unit with shower head and hose.
12v marine wash down pump with pressure switch to shut it down.
Shower tent set up beside truck.

If you weren't so far from me, I'd sell you mine.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

JackL

Quote from: AintSkeered on April 03, 2009, 10:35:14 AM
Wipe with any sheet of paper. Just crinkle it up, tear a small piece out the middle and put aside. Stick your finger threw the hole in the paper, wipe with your finger and paper will protect the anything from getting on the rest of your hand. Now, wipe off your finger with the paper and then use that small piece(of paper you tore out to make the hole) to clean under your finger nail. :)


I guess you could write a thank you message using your technique.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Keeter

Quote from: AintSkeered on April 03, 2009, 10:35:14 AM
Wipe with any sheet of paper. Just crinkle it up, tear a small piece out the middle and put aside. Stick your finger threw the hole in the paper, wipe with your finger and paper will protect the anything from getting on the rest of your hand. Now, wipe off your finger with the paper and then use that small piece(of paper you tore out to make the hole) to clean under your finger nail. :)

Hey!,, you never told me this.   rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

AintSkeered

#14
Come on, I'm not the only one with clean finger nails! Keeter, I never showed you that after seeing you using your portable bidet in the woods.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Keeter

Quote from: AintSkeered on April 03, 2009, 11:38:03 AM
Come on, I'm not the only one with clean finger nails! Keeter, I never showed you that after seeing you using your portable bidet in the woods.

Must be the sausages. 
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

jrpro130

I have a nice little setup...

1 or 2 55 gallon drums (depends on what else I'm towing or what we are towing with)...
12v marine wash down pump
Marine deep cycle battery


I have the wash down pump hooked up to the deep cycle, it just sits on the trailer, I have a switch to the wash down pump to turn it on/off (it is automatic, holds 45psi, automatically cycles to keep that psi up).  I have the wash down pump set up to plug into a 12v plug instead of hard wiring it, I have a plug in my bed so I can just plug it in on my truck and away we go! It works well, GREAT PSI, infact better than my house PSI.  

I can take pictures of the setup if needed...it's pretty simple.

I got the wash down pump (marcpro) from ebay for 65 dollars (bid), and the rest I had around except the battery, just hoses and connectors...



08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Anoriginal

I usually just wipe on his goggle foam or on his helmet liner.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

digginfool

Quote from: JackL on April 03, 2009, 09:03:56 AM
12volts, bah.

$100 Harbor Freight.



2 stroke, six pounds. 31GPM.



That pump is perfect for my water tower at my camp in RR.  Where is Harbor Freight?  Whoever owned the camp before me must have used the same set-up because there is a rubber hose on the well head and a rubber hose attached to the PVC that feeds the water tower.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

wilburz

there is one in west palm on 10th ave. and congress ave.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

stonny9

u can get a 35-55 gal drum on CL for like $20.  My brother got me 4 free from a guy that deliveres soap to car washes.
Sold
2005 Brute Force 750 IRS w/mud bitches


2006 Sportsman 500 EFI w/mud bitches

IXIswamperIXI

Thanks for all the replies!  You guys are a riot LOL  Hey Moose IBEW huh.... I started my apprenticeship in 915 and finished in 349  :ThumbsUp.gif
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com