How to make a dirt bike street legal?

Started by rider, March 28, 2009, 10:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rider

Hey If any one on here has made one, or knows how to make one street legal  I would appreciate all the help and info.  I have heard you have to do something with the titles and different states, I am just not sure and what I must do, I have a 2002 yz250f with just a certificate of origin, no title.

Thank you for all the help
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

mrbones

That's what I've heard also. You have to register it in a state that allows you to road legalize a dirt bike (unlike Florida). Then re-register it in Florida as a street legal bike. That's about all I know on the topic. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Take a look at http://www.its-titles.com/index.htm. The deal with older bikes, but giving them a call might shed some light on the subject.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

MCKEGS

Have you had any luck, I'm in the same situation.

buythisatvstuff

I talked to a guy a while back that dealt with titles for bikes and trying to make the street legal (in addition to his normal business) He said unless you get one that is NOT titles as offroad only it's very hard to do. I think KTM has their bikes sold without this offroad only put on their titles. I got lucky and got an 07 YZ450F that they made a mistake and titled as on road legal - they even sent me a regular motorcycle plate and registration  :o  Upon talking to the guy he immediately offered to buy it from me due to this rare attribute. With this title all I need is the state requirements like mirror, lights, horn to be totally street legal. I haven't bothered to do so yet, but might in the future. Unfortunately (getting to the point) it's very difficult to get one title for road use in Florida once it has been designated for offroad use only. Sorry to  be a killjoy. I'll try to get that guy's info and post it here for you so you can talk to him directly as he's well versed in this subject.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Quad32x

If only ATVs could be made street legal.  ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

buythisatvstuff

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com