2 Race Questions

Started by Pat, June 13, 2005, 08:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Two race questions...First, do most that race install a twist throttle instead of the stock thumb throttle? Second, when heading to a race, do you pick  your own number? I know guys have numbers already on their quads...
Thanks in advance,
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

53yfz450

most people use thumb throttle in mx i think most use it in flat track. you can pick your own number but if yoy go to a track and someone has the same number you must put a / after it so they can tell you apart.
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

Quad32x

As  far  as  the  twist  vs  thumb , go  with  what  feels  best  to  you.  All  I  would  say  is  if  you  have  been  useing  a  thumb , be  careful  if  you  start  useing  a  twist , lots  different !  Myself , twist  all  the  way !! ;D ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

redrider

I like thumb youll get used to it i race mostly mx so i dont want to have a twist throttle and hit really hard and you twist the trottle when u dont want to sooooooo ???

YFZ450-Tampa

I feel safer and more control with the thomb one, about number, you can put the one you like the must, but on the races some body may have the want you like, so be ready to change it at any time.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Oldracer#23

As for the throttle, I agree with the post above about preference.  If you are used to riding bikes, then you might prefer it.  When I ride motocross, I prefer a thumb throttle.  In harescrambles, I prefer a twist.
It all up to you. 

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com