Enduro Bike Question..Kind of a dumb one at that

Started by Ynot0323, February 06, 2009, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynot0323

I used to have a Honda 185s ATC and it had a manual transmission but with built in clutch, you would just release the throttle and shift..

I am looking at getting an Enduro bike ( something like the Honda XR650L ) and was just wondering if this bike has the same type of transmission or if it is a standard "clutch"..

Tony

Chillinthemost

standard clutch.  I dont think there are any auto clutch bikes that are larger than 90cc.  I'm looking for the right deal on a DRZ 400 dual sport.

By the way I also had a 185s, it was back in 1983 and it cost $1200 brand new.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Ynot0323

I bought one from my dads co-worker in about 99-00, had it until some scum bags broke into my buddys place and stole 4 of our 5 ATC's in June 2005..

Thats when i decided to buy a quad.. I miss the 3 wheelers though..


I was just looking into these Auto Clutch conversions.. Might be a good alternative !!

They even make em for Harley's... Find out stuff i never knew existed

Tony

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

kawasakimojaverider

Quote from: Ynot0323 on February 06, 2009, 10:39:36 PM
I bought one from my dads co-worker in about 99-00, had it until some scum bags broke into my buddys place and stole 4 of our 5 ATC's in June 2005..

Thats when i decided to buy a quad.. I miss the 3 wheelers though..


I was just looking into these Auto Clutch conversions.. Might be a good alternative !!

They even make em for Harley's... Find out stuff i never knew existed

Tony
dude those things are bada$$ my buddie matt just put one on his yz250f and its sweet cause if you wreck your bike it doesnt stall you just down shift and take off again

Ynot0323

I am looking more into the Auto Clutch, but for a cruiser, the company says they dont have one for the Honda Enduro bike..

Tony

wheelie_boy

Quote from: Ynot0323 on February 07, 2009, 05:47:36 PM
I am looking more into the Auto Clutch, but for a cruiser, the company says they dont have one for the Honda Enduro bike..

Tony

Have you checked Rekluse?  They are pretty well known for the auto clutches.
05 kx 250f