Clewiston Race Track

Started by WJDTRI, January 20, 2009, 01:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WJDTRI

Looks Like Fun

aerial mapquest views are not always current.....but
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

quadguy33

what is this about, are they opening it back up to quads

WJDTRI

it is posted on SDTA website as part of races series......on June 13th

http://sdta.sports.officelive.com/default.aspx
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

 ;D hey ward i was talking to chuck the other day about going down to clewiston to check out the track and watch some car races. i also thought that if we could contact the owner that he might let us take some hot laps during intermission to show what we can do and maby bring some of their audience to the sdta race. lets see if we can make it happen sometime in june just befoe the race!

nate #38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

HillKiller

Quote from: supervcycle on January 20, 2009, 07:15:11 PM
;D hey ward i was talking to chuck the other day about going down to clewiston to check out the track and watch some car races. i also thought that if we could contact the owner that he might let us take some hot laps during intermission to show what we can do and maby bring some of their audience to the sdta race. lets see if we can make it happen sometime in june just befoe the race!

nate #38

   The new owner is Ken. He is excited about the SDTA racing there however I am not so sure that running hotlaps during a stockcar race intermission is a good idea since that track typically gets fairly large holes in the racing surface that may ruin your night. What I plan on doing soon is asking if we can take a handful of motorcycles and quads to the track just to get a good look at the racetrack and while we are in Clewiston drop off some of Richards flyers.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

stgsali

I'll get some more done by the weekend. Man, you're killing me!
Dave, find out if we will be able to camp there. Close to 5 hours one way for me. I'd rather cop some z's and head out the morning after, if at all possible.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

1fastltr450

Come on naples boys get some. We are coming to your home track to smoke your a$$. lol Bring that trophy you won about 6 years ago. we going to take it home with us.
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

supervcycle

dave
let us know if ken will let us run one day would love to try out the new track.
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

HillKiller

Quote from: supervcycle on January 21, 2009, 09:12:36 AM
dave
let us know if ken will let us run one day would love to try out the new track.

   I sure will.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

450R_Matt

#10
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on January 21, 2009, 07:37:32 AM
Come on naples boys get some. We are coming to your home track to smoke your a$$. lol Bring that trophy you won about 6 years ago. we going to take it home with us.

Hey Gary, you mean this? I see you're still mad about the ass whoppin Naples boys put on you at Dade City. Let it go...Let it go..  LOL

Wow! I was just was dusting that thing off the other day.  Its been at my house for the last 3 years.
I'll spred the word around and see if I can wake the dead. We aint going to give it to you. We can put it on the line for the winner.   

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

#11
Quote from: HillKiller on January 20, 2009, 09:58:10 PM
Quote from: supervcycle on January 20, 2009, 07:15:11 PM
;D hey ward i was talking to chuck the other day about going down to clewiston to check out the track and watch some car races. i also thought that if we could contact the owner that he might let us take some hot laps during intermission to show what we can do and maby bring some of their audience to the sdta race. lets see if we can make it happen sometime in june just befoe the race!

nate #38

   The new owner is Ken. He is excited about the SDTA racing there however I am not so sure that running hotlaps during a stockcar race intermission is a good idea since that track typically gets fairly large holes in the racing surface that may ruin your night. What I plan on doing soon is asking if we can take a handful of motorcycles and quads to the track just to get a good look at the racetrack and while we are in Clewiston drop off some of Richards flyers.

Hey Dave,

Ken Kenny supposedly brought in new clay. We always ran with the cars. How do you think we got in such good shape. Holes were 2 or 3 feet deep. I have some pictures from the track back in the day. I'll see what I can find. Here is the new track web site.   

http://www.hendrycountyracing.com/



Matt
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

I have some of when I was running my car.

8)
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

What happen Gary? 24 on 48 off? No reply? I know your reading. Your going to call out the Napes crew you better eat your Wheeties. LOL
Serious... It's been a long time sense we raced. 1st race at East Bay was the last time I ran. I think your dad smoked his 10k $ motor that day. I'll bring my out of shape arse and my little stock 450 to have some fun.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

zman03

I drove from Miami and raced in the collier county fairgrounds a couple months ago and had a blast along with meeting some really cool guys that I raced against. You boys better hope jimmy wheeler dont show up or you guys will be eatin dust! that guy was fast!!!!     along with aaron  and oh yea they were from naples, local boys!!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Fast66071

There is a race this Sat. Feb.14,2009 at the Thunderbowl Speedway in Ocala.....
and we are ALWAYS fast....could use some more victims at the fastest 1/4 mile clay oval in central Fla.
gates open at 9am... TT at noon.... flat track practice 5pm aprox...racing 7pm aprox....
see you in the vet class.....unless......

unforgiven

Rick i might see ya sat.got to get back on the horse sometime

1fastltr450

Quote from: 450R_Matt on February 09, 2009, 04:24:12 PM
What happen Gary? 24 on 48 off? No reply? I know your reading. Your going to call out the Napes crew you better eat your Wheeties. LOL
Serious... It's been a long time sense we raced. 1st race at East Bay was the last time I ran. I think your dad smoked his 10k $ motor that day. I'll bring my out of shape arse and my little stock 450 to have some fun.

24 on 48 off lol.  No I have been very busy and I get back on here to see this Ha Ha Ha. Well I am not going to talk to much cause I dont know if I will be able to make this time.  But it would be alot of fun to see everyone again. oh and by the way Travis is up here where the real fast racers come from lol 
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

450R_Matt

Well I might try to make the Auburndale race too. Maybe we will see you then. Thanks for sparking up the forum. Miss them days.

Matt
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

Herd today that the county has the place shut down.  ???
They wont be running the first stock car race scheduled. I didn't here how long it will be closed. Lets hope they have the track open by June 13.   
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com