Ron Cahill aka "SQUEEZER" Prayers For Speedy Recovery

Started by WJDTRI, January 18, 2009, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WJDTRI

Squeezer had a bad fall in turn one of last nights race. After a 10 minute delay in the race action, Squeezer with help was able to walk off the race track. I learned from Candi (his wife) this morning that she took him to Lakeland Hospital where he still is and said that he sufferred partially collapsed lung, several broken ribs, a broken collar bone and a fractured shoulder blade. She did go on to say that he is NOT in critical condition which was good to hear. Squeezer is tough......walked off with those injuries. Am sure he will be on his feet as soon as he can.

We all listen to Brady every riders meeting reminding us to wear protective gear and race safely. I hope he never stops. We do this for the fun of the sport and when our fellow racers such as Autumn and Squeezer get hurt. Takes a little out of it. Our sport does not discriminate, young and old.

Please race sensibly

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Get well soon fellow racer!
Sounds like a tough man to walk off on his own power after all that!!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

stgsali

Hey Ward, Anything more on Ron? I was coming out of 4 and saw his bike doing flips. Looked really nasty. I thought he was banged up a bit when he walked off track. He definitely looked to be in pain coming off. That and he was holding his left arm up with his right.
Prayers for him and Candi.
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

PANHEAD78

THANKS TO ALL YOU THAT MADE AUBURNDALE POSSIBLE.DOES ANY KNOW WHO THE GUY WAS TAKING PICTURES I WOULD LIKE TO BUY SOME OF MY BOY RIDING PEE WEE CLASS.WE HAD A GREAT TIME AT OUR FIRST SDTA RACE.MY PRAYERS ARE FOR RON. I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HIM WHEN HE CRASHED AND IT WASNT PRETTY.THANKS AGAIN. ;D

stgsali

It just so happens that I know the photographer real well. PM me and we'll go over what you'd like, or rather, see what he came up with. He's my son, and I was on 119.
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Quote from: PANHEAD78 on January 19, 2009, 02:56:59 AM
THANKS TO ALL YOU THAT MADE AUBURNDALE POSSIBLE.DOES ANY KNOW WHO THE GUY WAS TAKING PICTURES I WOULD LIKE TO BUY SOME OF MY BOY RIDING PEE WEE CLASS.WE HAD A GREAT TIME AT OUR FIRST SDTA RACE.MY PRAYERS ARE FOR RON. I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HIM WHEN HE CRASHED AND IT WASNT PRETTY.THANKS AGAIN. ;D


That race was not an SDTA race. The first SDTA race is January 31st

WJDTRI

I just talked with Squeezer this morning. He seemed to be alert and awake when I called. He is actually expecting to be released today in spite of all his injuries......go figure. The only reason they are holding him is to ensure that no fluid gets into his lung. He has been up and walking............ as best he can am sure. I asked him to let me know when he is released and offered any help he might need.........but we all know how stubborn A$$E$ we are sometimes.  I will be talking with his wife later on today. As usual in Squeezer fashion......his concern is that he messed up his bike week racing schedule. He was really looking forward to it. I reminded him that the schedule is continuous and perpetual........it will continue........will be more racing once he heals.

Thanks to all concerned

FYI to All
Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

koh0001

He is in our thoughts and prayers!! It sure sucks to take a big one like that.. Ribs and a shoulder are a tough one to heal. Get wel soon.


   The Kohler's
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

stgsali

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

Last I talked with Candi his wife is that the hospital kept him an extra day and was suppose to come home yesterday.
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

squeezer

Squeezer is home now and doing well.  Bed rest to him means building a small block chevy for his Corvette which he worked on all day today (only with his right arm though LOL).  He is very tough and can't wait to get back on the track.  His lung is almost back to full capacity, of course the broken collar bone, six broken ribs and fractured shoulder blade hurt real bad but he is managing.  I would like to thank everyone that was considerate enough to call and offer help and all the great e-mails.  It is nice to know that people pull together when needed.  Again thanks to everyone especially to you Ward!!
We will see you all soon on the track!!
Candi