UPDATE on my 250ex disaster

Started by mikeE36, January 05, 2009, 01:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeE36

What disaster!! Quads rings went bad about a year ago. It sat ever since. Well I I start working on i

i go to move the quad out of the garage. It won't move its in neutral but will not move rear tires just locked up. So I take apart my rear drum. IT WON'T COME OFF. I got frustrated sprayed some liquid wrench into it and hit it with the hammer. I broke one of the bolt mounts not a huge deal. I hit it again and the case that seals the drum brakes cracks (150$). If anyone knows where I can buy a used one that would be great. Anyway IT STILL WONT COME OFF EVEN THOUGH ITS CRACKED. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO?

If anyone has an engine they'd like to sell i'll buy it.

mikeE36

oh and I even heated up this cover to get it off. Its not coming off. I HATE DRUM BRAKES

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

MedicMudder

Try summit offroad they are in Starke Fla 904-964-1496 I do not work for them or any thing but have bought stuff from him
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

mikeE36

luckly i got a new drum and hub for 50 bucks shipped. Still cant get the bearing off its rusted on there so bad :'(