I think he might be lying

Started by Bigscrb15, June 10, 2005, 01:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigscrb15

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BBN_ROCKIES_BARMES?SITE=FLLAK&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Quote........Helton said he and Barmes rode four-wheel, all-terrain vehicles at Helton's ranch near Greeley on Sunday after the Rockies beat the Cincinnati Reds 8-6. Helton said the ATV ride had nothing to do with the injury.

"I cannot say it strongly enough - he did not get hurt riding an ATV," Helton told the newspaper. "I was there. He never left my eyesight the entire time."

Helton said he, Barmes and rookie teammate Brad Hawpe were riding about 5 mph...........


I have ridden atv's enough to know they can't go 5mph, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Quad32x

Cant  go  5  mph ?   ::)  You  sure  you  been  rideing  long ? ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

strtrcr06

Quote from: Quad32x on June 10, 2005, 04:03:40 PM
Cant  go  5  mph ?   ::)  You  sure  you  been  rideing  long ? ;)

lol
"its not the atv its the rider"
Funny how we believe everything in the newspaper, but question the Bible.

SkyHighT100

They can go as fast or as slow as you want them to go... if you take your quad out of the garage you might be able to find that out ;) Even if the guy is lying, at least he is trying to giving ATVing a better image by saying he didn't get hurt on one. I would hug the guy for that... not talk crap about him. We need all the help we can get!!
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Bigscrb15

I agree he is trying to give atv'ing a good name. Apparently you all missed the sarcasm. If you are out riding atv's with your friends what are the odds you are not going to go over 5mph. If you have a speedometer on your quad, I want you to try and ride at 5mph or slower for more than 100yards, its very hard to do. I know they can go that slow, I had my 500cc Vinson going 3-4mph max when I set the throttle screw way down. All I was saying is that I am almost 100% that they went faster than 5mph. This article does make me kinda upset because they made such a big deal about the atv that its almost like the reporter is going crazy because it didnt happen on the atv and he cant give it a bad rap.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

wheelie_boy

True and why are they making such a big deal that he was atv riding. And so what if he did get hurt on the atv?  Its the rider not the atv.
05 kx 250f