MOLD!

Started by bocephus300, November 25, 2008, 10:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bocephus300

how accurate are those home test kits you but in home depot?  i just did one with some pretty interesting results..    had some white hairy looking stuff, couple spots of black, and one pink with a black spotin the middle
2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

bocephus300

2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

NOS_PRAIRIE

Spray bleach and let it dry out or cut the section of mold out and let the walls dry....save your $$$$
05 BRUTE FORCE 750
JW Armor Skids
Highlifter Timing Advancer
Vision 8" Beadlock Wheels
26" Mudlites



quadguy33

not sure about the home mold tests i think your supposed to send them off, i work in the air conditioning business and mold is one of the biggest concerns people have, here are some web sights my boss gave me.

http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/consumer/buildings/basics/moldgrowth.htm

http://home2.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/epi/moldrpt1.shtml

cheropride

When we had our old AC replaced, OMG it was scary the crap I saw in there.  They replaced it all, but dang.  Now I also run room purifiers, they also have some type of ulra-violet light that you can run near your AC that is suppose to kill the mold, but don't know.  But if you get the right kind are purifier, the have some that actually gets the mold, before it settles.  I hear in Fla it can be bad, because of the heat & humity, esp in the attacks.  I would look into your roof vents too, I hear, don't know, but if you have bad ventilation in your attack, it creates moisture, which creates, mold.  Replaced our vents, and seems to be better.  I think the new AC unit also has alot to do w/it though too....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

quadguy33

U.V. lights are good but can be expensive there are different ones and can be installed in different ways. I recommend them to be installed on the indoor coil. don't know what kind of air purifier you have, just don't use anything that advertises ozone. mold is every where.

bocephus300

well there is no visible mold on the walls or in the attic, last place to check is my ac ducts.   i need to get this cleaned up cause i been getting all stuffed up everytime i go in my bedroom hence doing the test. but thanks for the replys im gonna check out those web sites as soon as i get the chance..    thanks alot
2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com