ATV volunteers for volunteer Rangers?

Started by lisa, May 10, 2005, 09:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stump66

I think it would turn into another croom's then... fee's.. reggies..titles...plus there are too many ways in to regulate.
I like the freedom.
my 2 cents
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

CEC

Well you can bet there going to regulate it someway or it's all going to be closed
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

qt314nfla

They may decide to regulate it but it seems to me let them make the first move.  No sence in opening a can of worms.  Of course I'm sure they are already reading this, so it's too late.  Just my .02.

CEC

I don't think we are opening a can of worms.If we do not try to work with them and we leave things the way that they are then they are going to close the whole thing one day.People need to be part of the plan and not part of the problem
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

shulco

I'm in , have never rode at onf  if I get with other peopel  who have hopefully they can tell me the best trail

CEC

SCULCO, YOU HAVE TO GET UP THERE, YOU NEVER KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEFORE IT ALL GETS CLOSED.  I SEE THAT YOUR FROM NORTH PORT,I WANT TO GET DOWN THERE TO RIDE.I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO PARK AND STUFF.I HAVE AN AUNT AND A BUNCH OF COUSINS THAT LIVE THERE.BUT SINCE THEY DON'T HAVE ATV'S THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE.
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

qt314nfla

QuoteI don't think we are opening a can of worms.If we do not try to work with them and we leave things the way that they are then they are going to close the whole thing one day.People need to be part of the plan and not part of the problem

If you read earlier in the posts I would like to volunteer my time.  I never said I wasn't willing to work w/ them.  In fact, if you knew me you would know that I'm a positive person that does try to be part of the solution.  I don't think suggesting laws that limit us is part of the solution.  When they do become law though, I will follow them.  No sence in trying to make those limiting things happen any sooner than necessary though.

Shulco, when I get my date for volunteer work I'll give you a holler.  Also, I'm sure I'll be making another trip up to ONF in the next month.  I've got some trails marked on the GPS.  I'll get in touch w/ you so you can come.  Also, ONF (scrub) has no showers.  I have my shower replaced.  I'll be trying it out over the holiday weekend.  Have fun at Rotunda tomorrow.

qt314nfla

QuoteSCULCO, YOU HAVE TO GET UP THERE, YOU NEVER KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEFORE IT ALL GETS CLOSED.  I SEE THAT YOUR FROM NORTH PORT,I WANT TO GET DOWN THERE TO RIDE.I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO PARK AND STUFF.I HAVE AN AUNT AND A BUNCH OF COUSINS THAT LIVE THERE.BUT SINCE THEY DON'T HAVE ATV'S THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

Send me a message and I can let you know where to park in North Port.  We ride there all the time.

Ida_Mann

Camp Id@ could be a base of operations with a shower.?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

2Raptors

I'll join the N Port contingent for a day, that way we can caravan up.  I've also never riden there but I do think it's important to help keep it open.  This thread should be 10 pages long already.

dmljohnson

#35
Take Pride in America
Volunteer Opportunities

Florida - Ocala National Forest OHV Volunteers Needed

The Ocala National Forest needs several volunteers to help with its OHV patrol. For more information, contact Bret Bush via email at bbush@fs.fed.us, by phone at (352) 625-2520 ext. 2509, or fax at (352) 625-7556.


VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION - North End OHV Volunteers

Duties

The positions primary duties involve operation of the District's North End recreation areas and trails. The volunteer is responsible for monitoring fee and regulation compliance at Delancy East, Delancy West, Shanty Pond, and Hopkins Prairie recreation areas. The volunteer will also serve as an OHV volunteer, promoting responsible use of off-road vehicles on the North End. This position does not require on site residence but full hook-up sites are available for the volunteer provided RV at the Ocala Seed Orchard.

Operational duties include monitoring the self-service pay station at the OHV campgrounds. The volunteer will normally be required to work Friday through Sunday evening and on holidays or other busy times. The volunteer may require certification as a FS Collection Officer in order to monitor the fees at the fee stations. The volunteer(s) will monitor fee compliance daily during the primary use season and frequently during the slow season. The volunteer is required to keep an accurate record of the area usage on forms provided by the FS.

A major function of this position involves monitoring the camping rules and addressing OHV violations. The volunteer is expected to handle minor violations such as failure to pay, pets off of leash, or noise. The volunteer is expected to call for FS enforcement support or Marion County Sheriff's Office assistance when they are uncomfortable or feel threatened by any situation. In most cases the volunteer will be able to handle a majority of the situations, as they are minor incidents.

The FS will provide an orientation to each volunteer. This will include the review of some written material as well as shadowing veteran volunteers, other volunteers and FS employees.

Additional Requirements and Skills

Volunteers must have a friendly, helpful manner and enjoy dealing with a variety of people. They should have some familiarity with the natural environment of the campground, and be able to share this basic knowledge with visitors. Good communication skills, tactfulness, and patience are important. The volunteer must always remember that visitors are associating them with the US Forest Service - a public service agency funded by the taxpayers.

The volunteer must abide by the "Standards for Ethics and Conduct" for Forest Service and other federal employees. The volunteer should never discuss political issues, religion, ethnic, or racial differences or other topics that may be offensive to the public. Derogatory or offensive language must never be used in conversation with visitors.

Wear of the FS uniform will be required on weekends. The volunteer will present a clean and well-groomed appearance. The resident volunteer site will be kept clean, neat, and in compliance with all Forest rules and regulations.

Safety on the job and safety of visitors is the number one priority. Before beginning new tasks the volunteer should familiarize themselves with the safety requirements. Volunteers should consult the FS safety handbook and any pertinent Job Hazard Analysis (JHA). Volunteers are required to attend monthly District safety meetings.

Operation of FS vehicles may be required to perform the duties of this position. The volunteer will be required to furnish their driving record prior to receiving a government driver's license. Additionally, the FS will perform a background screening.

Evaluations

Each volunteer will participate in a performance review at the end of each season. Long-term volunteers will receive a rating at intervals of six months. Interim reviews will be performed as needed to discuss any problems that arise.

Volunteer Amenities

The volunteer site for this area consists of:


- Water, electric, sewer hook-ups
- FS radio (hand held)
- Fuel for a volunteer provided ATV
- Use of phone at the seed orchard facility
- Use of shower facility at the seed orchard


sign up today...i already have a list of ppl...also dont forget to subscribe to our news letter

http://www.flaohv.com/content.asp?sid=7&id=18

http://www.flaohv.com/content.asp?sid=11&id=54

http://www.flaohv.com/content.asp?sid=11&id=-1
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

jwscroll

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com