Breaking NEWS-Palin abused power of her office

Started by FishaHallic, October 11, 2008, 01:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishaHallic

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on October 12, 2008, 07:28:16 PM
Quote from: Turboderf on October 12, 2008, 05:54:53 PM
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on October 12, 2008, 05:49:41 PM
when will this stop. 
NOV 5

doubt it.  people will be rubbin it in eachothers faces on who won and who didnt.

If the dems win, I won't be rubbing it in your guys face because we will all be winners.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: digginfool on October 12, 2008, 03:59:33 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 12, 2008, 01:44:21 PM
We all realize the election is coming up. 99% of us are also sick of the political posts. ..., but if I had it my way I would delete the political stuff as fast as it's posted. There are plenty of other sites for that stuff, I don't understand why people have to bring it here.

Frank, have to call you on this one.  Look at the description of this section, as defined by Bones when he created this site.

Open Discussion
Talk about whatever you like. Inappropriate threads will be deleted without notice.

It's one thing to be a Moderator, quite a different thing to be a censor.  I say to you as I would say to anyone who disagrees with a particular channel, station, paper, article, book, etc.,  If you don't like what you see, turn the channel, page, etc.  Free discussion is what makes this country unique and as much as we all are irritated by the senseless ramblings of a few, this is what makes the USA what it is; a FREE democracy.  So, when you say if you had it your way you would delete anything you care not to read, you are really saying you don't want anyone to have a say about a subject that you don't want to read about, which adds up to nothing more than censorship.  So, until such time that Bones says it's an Open Discussion to talk about whatever we like about ATVs, these discussions, and many others such as hunting, pit bulls, crime, religion, et al, will continue until they have run their course.  In three weeks, there will be nothing left but the gloating.  After that, it should all be over.  Your attitude has apparently run off a new member who may actually have had something to bring to the table on other threads, perhaps even some that you enjoy reading, as well as a potential future financial contributor to ATVFlorida.  I urge your restraint in the future.


X 2 ;)

digginfool

Quote from: FishaHallic on October 12, 2008, 08:14:45 PM
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on October 12, 2008, 07:28:16 PM
Quote from: Turboderf on October 12, 2008, 05:54:53 PM
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on October 12, 2008, 05:49:41 PM
when will this stop. 
NOV 5

doubt it.  people will be rubbin it in eachothers faces on who won and who didnt.

If the dems win, I won't be rubbing it in your guys face because we will all be winners.

Is it really winning when you consider the fact that the Democrats have already spent well over $1 BILLION on their campaign?  That's a lot of money for the party who claims they want to spread the wealth around (where have I heard that concept before.... oh yeah, my old nemesis, Karl). 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

TRX450R_Racer

Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I don't have an opinion like everyone else. Just like you Digginfool and you Cableguy1 have your opinions. I simply said most of the people are sick of the political threads and I would delete them if I was allowed. Like it or not that's how I feel. If Bones didn't like them you bet your azz they wouldn't be on here so your comparison to a free democracy it quite wrong. This isn't a government own site it's owned by one man, kind of like Cuba. What he says goes, end of story.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 12, 2008, 09:05:41 PM
Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I don't have an opinion like everyone else. Just like you Digginfool and you Cableguy1 have your opinions. I simply said most of the people are sick of the political threads and I would delete them if I was allowed. Like it or not that's how I feel. If Bones didn't like them you bet your azz they wouldn't be on here so your comparison to a free democracy it quite wrong. This isn't a government own site it's owned by one man, kind of like Cuba. What he says goes, end of story.

Then I guess it's a good thing Bones moderates you!! I have a feeling that without guidelines you would be out of control. And I mean that in the nicest way. ;)

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on October 12, 2008, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 12, 2008, 09:05:41 PM
Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I don't have an opinion like everyone else. Just like you Digginfool and you Cableguy1 have your opinions. I simply said most of the people are sick of the political threads and I would delete them if I was allowed. Like it or not that's how I feel. If Bones didn't like them you bet your azz they wouldn't be on here so your comparison to a free democracy it quite wrong. This isn't a government own site it's owned by one man, kind of like Cuba. What he says goes, end of story.

Then I guess it's a good thing Bones moderates you!! I have a feeling that without guidelines you would be out of control. And I mean that in the nicest way. ;)

It makes me feel loved that you and a few others pay such close attention to me.  :-*
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Keeter

Quote from: Realityhello on October 12, 2008, 01:25:28 AM
Probably Fish's new alter ego.

Chillin and I had a darn good day of riding today.

Still waiting for the invite. uh hum  :) :)
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

FoxHondaRider

Quote from: FishaHallic on October 12, 2008, 08:14:45 PM
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on October 12, 2008, 07:28:16 PM
Quote from: Turboderf on October 12, 2008, 05:54:53 PM
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on October 12, 2008, 05:49:41 PM
when will this stop. 
NOV 5

doubt it.  people will be rubbin it in eachothers faces on who won and who didnt.

If the dems win, I won't be rubbing it in your guys face because we will all be winners.

higher taxes?  i dont call that winning I call that trying to get rich harder and people becoming poorer and end up using the governments welfare. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Anoriginal

Quote from: Keeter on October 13, 2008, 01:05:34 AM
Quote from: Realityhello on October 12, 2008, 01:25:28 AM
Probably Fish's new alter ego.

Chillin and I had a darn good day of riding today.

Still waiting for the invite. uh hum  :) :)

It was in North Florida this time. I will make sure you get a phone call when we head for the Glades again.   ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

renmus

Dang Keeter!  What did you do that you are not allowed in N FL???!!!   ???

Mudneck

Quote from: renmus on October 13, 2008, 03:16:52 PM
Dang Keeter!  What did you do that you are not allowed in N FL???!!!   ???

Something about a cow,sheep and a goat from the way I understand it ???
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Keeter

Quote from: bushwacker on October 13, 2008, 03:28:44 PM
Quote from: renmus on October 13, 2008, 03:16:52 PM
Dang Keeter!  What did you do that you are not allowed in N FL???!!!   ???

Something about a cow,sheep and a goat from the way I understand it ???

Actually it was a goat, sheep, and a cow. In that order. :pig.gif :pig.gif Go to your nearest Post Office, there is a nice picture of me and the whole story.   

I live down south. We are talking about Big Cypress.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

digginfool

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 12, 2008, 09:05:41 PM
Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I don't have an opinion like everyone else. Just like you Digginfool and you Cableguy1 have your opinions. I simply said most of the people are sick of the political threads and I would delete them if I was allowed. Like it or not that's how I feel. If Bones didn't like them you bet your azz they wouldn't be on here so your comparison to a free democracy it quite wrong. This isn't a government own site it's owned by one man, kind of like Cuba. What he says goes, end of story.

In no way was I inferring that this website is a government run or controlled entity and by all means, you have every right to your own opinion and right to express it.  However, your response bordered on bullying the poster off the site by way of you being a moderator.  Had a 'run-of-the-mill' member expressed such an attitude as you did, it would easily have been shrugged off.  As a moderator, it comes across a completely different way.  My only position was that this is an area dedicated to discussion of any and all topics, limited to terms of conditions as posted elsewhere on this site.  Unless someone is breaking those terms, they should be afforded the same respect as any other member.  Trust me, I haven't lost any respect for you or your authority.  If I still rode sport quads, I would look forward to riding with you again, but I don't and we most likely won't.  In any event, no harm intended.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."