Mud Tires for a Polaris ATP 500

Started by Ynot0323, September 13, 2008, 09:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynot0323

What mudtires would work best for my 2004 Polaris ATP 500.. It weighs about 700 lbs or so..

the factory tires are

front : 25x8-12
rear : 25x11-12

Is it best to put the wider tires all the way around ? Or keep narrow in front and wider in rear ?

Any and all help would be appreciated

tony

Da_Mtg_Man

Keep the thinner in the front. It makes stearing ALOT easier.
Depending on what kind of mudding you are doing. If it's occasional mud but mostly trail I would just go with a 26 but if you're seriously going to mud then go with a 27 or 28 but you may have to lift it a little. Some POPO owners may chime in on the max size without a lift.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Keeter

I put 27 inch Vampires on 500 and it did pretty good. I did notice a very slight power loss,  "slight" . Still slings mud.  Go with Mud Lites. Decent mud tire, not the best, but decent.

But as Da MTG Man said.  Tire width depends on your type of riding. 
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

MedicMudder

Atp is that the one with a bed on the back? I have a spm 500 27 Bear claws,I have a lift.If you put 27's you will need wheel spacers on the frt.I did not know tis could not ride for a nother week :'(. Did not notice big drop in power (these things aint speed demonds any way). Next tires gonna be Swamp lights.
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

Ynot0323

yes it is the "All Terrain Pickup" model.. I am going to sell my Kawi Prairie 360 with mudlites.. have no need for 2 bikes.. but still want to have decent tires for the polaris in case i go out and encounter some mud..

tony

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com