how to register a trailer?

Started by gery350, June 03, 2005, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gery350

question. my friend has a trailer and wants to register it. i'm pretty sure you gotta get it weighed. i dont know if you need anything else. has anyone had any experience with this?
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

bigsteve

I don't think you would have A problem if your trailer weighs less than 2000lbs. If it weighs more than 2000lbs. you have to have A title.

I had A 4x8 trailer I wanted to register, I didn't have A title, she said I didn't need one in the state of Florida as long as it weighed less than 2000lbs. She just told me to guess the weight of the trailer. I did and she gave me the registeration & plate.

So I guess it depends on the size of trailer.
"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400

Njoutlaw88

Slap an old license plate on there and you'll be fine. Up north you dont even need a license plate on your trailer.

jocolo

ANYONE KNOWS HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST? TO REGISTER?

fattie

hey jorge it cost me like 30~35 bucks for my new one the 4x8 i sold jose was like 25 i think
Fattie is not responsible for his comments and/or actions.

gery350

the cost depends on the weight but ya its probably between 30 and 50 bucks. the 100.00 new tag fee does not apply to trailers.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

susieblazer


  You can weigh it at any truck weigh station and take that info to your county tax collecters office.............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

AintSkeered

All you need is your old(or previous owner's) registration and a bill of sale listing the selling price(you pay sales tax on that amount, wink-wink). Besides, most trailers have the weight posted on a sticker somewhere on the traielr.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

bluesman

just did mine   tell them any weight under 500lbs  you will be ok
i

YFZ450AndyH

I have had to "guess the weight" before.  I would definitely NOT just slap any tag on there, though.  No tag is better than affixing the wrong one.  Trust me. 

Moose

My 5x14 weighs 750 lbs with a 3500lb axle. A 4x8 should be about half that, give or take a little, axle type and all.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

If you don't have a trailer name, just tell them it's homemade.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

inked4life87

i have a trailer i just built and need to reg it can you do this at any tag place?what do i need to bring with me.it has no numbers its homemade.

BCConviber

Inked...

I built my trailer, and to register it in broward county, I had to have the following:

Detailed list of materials used to construct the trailer:
Welded steel frame, sizes of steel used, five 2 x 12 wood planks, one 3500# axle, two five lug trailer wheels & tires etc,etc...
a) make sure it states your name address, etc.
b) it must be notorized

And you have to have it weighed. There's a place by my office that did it for me for $5.00.

Take that notorized list and weight certificate to the tag office. I think it cost me like $35.00.

Note: This is what I had to do in Broward county.. After a real hassle to get them to tell me what I nneded to bring. When I told them that I wanted to register a home made trailer, they looked at me like I was a crazy man...
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com