HS #6 brooksville, FL

Started by FoxHondaRider, September 07, 2008, 01:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxHondaRider

Has anyone ran this race before?  I want to race but I cannot afford to go around to them and this race is close to me.  Is it in Croom? 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

TRX450R_Racer

We have never raced in Brookville as far as I know. It must be a new piece of property. HS are always on private property, so I doubt it's at Croom.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

Croom is biger then just the park

mudnuri

Yes, there was a race in Brooksville last season. It was the first time on some new property. It's a ways off, but thats where it will be. It was really fast.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

FoxHondaRider

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

FoxHondaRider

So i take it there arent deep mud holes or cliffs to jump up or down right?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

FoxHondaRider

I just realized I shouldnt do it anyways.  It sucks but its for the best.  I am going out to CO for 6 days snowboarding and stuff staying right on the mountain and all.  I am not going to risk an injury before that spending all that money to go out there with all my family and stuff.  I'll probally come out and watch.  Thanks everyone that replied
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.


mudnuri

Fox, bring your quad when the race comes to Brooksville. You might have a change of mind then! You don't have to worry. You don't have to ride over your head. Just go out and have fun. You can do both snowboarding and riding. I am sure most of us do.  ;)
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

FoxHondaRider

Yeah but when I am racing someone or my adrenalin starts flowing i'm crazy I have that throttle wide open and i'm making close calls where i could have crashed but just missed it.  I wont be able to ride "slow" or take it easy if i'm racing lol.  I just want to give it a try but like i said when i am challenged i give it my all and I dont expect to make it to the end in perfect condition i always think of the possability of getting hurt.  the reason  asked about the deep mud holes and cliffs is I am running open air box lid with an outerwear over it and if theres deep water or mud holes I gotta close that up.  Also cliffs i'm a bit terrified of jumping now after what happen last year.  I went up 3 times perfect and went down hard on the 4th the quad landed on me from 10ft up and i couldnt feel me legs for a few days and i couldnt move around on my own for a week.  when t happened and i couldnt feel my lower body i was almost 100% sure i was paralyzed it was a pretty scary feeling and i rather not do it again jumping up a cliff thats 4ft of vertical.  For the race I need to sign up for a FTR member ship which is $50 correct?  is that good for 1 year or forever?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

mudnuri

One year on the membership.
That sticks about the crash. Sounds like you are pretty lucky to even be walking.
With these events they have a bit of everything and it's hard to say what each one will have so you just have to be ready for whatever.
Whatever you decide, good luck and have fun. Come out anyway. Check the flier. They might have a fun run and you can ride without racing.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

FoxHondaRider

$50 a year that might be the only race i can attend.  I will deffinately look into the fun run and if I like it do the race.  Do i need a membership for the fun run?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Jacob Fort

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on September 07, 2008, 10:12:42 PM
$50 a year that might be the only race i can attend.  I will deffinately look into the fun run and if I like it do the race.  Do i need a membership for the fun run?
im pretty sure you dont.

TRX450R_Racer

No memebership required for a fun run. That's if there is one.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

spectech

The Brooksville race is the 2nd race at this property It is my club that puts it on. You don't want to miss it the whole back section by the lake is my section. Very fast and fun course. It is located off Mundun Hill rd. about 5 miles from croom.
07 YFZ'S
Ftr Vet. Quad #8


Spring Hill

FoxHondaRider

Quote from: spectech on September 10, 2008, 10:06:50 AM
The Brooksville race is the 2nd race at this property It is my club that puts it on. You don't want to miss it the whole back section by the lake is my section. Very fast and fun course. It is located off Mundun Hill rd. about 5 miles from croom.

will there be a fun run?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

spectech


will there be a fun run?
[/quote]

I doubt it there will not be time.
07 YFZ'S
Ftr Vet. Quad #8


Spring Hill

Slo Poke

Quote from: spectech on September 10, 2008, 10:06:50 AM
The Brooksville race is the 2nd race at this property It is my club that puts it on. You don't want to miss it the whole back section by the lake is my section. Very fast and fun course. It is located off Mundun Hill rd. about 5 miles from croom.

Do you mean Mondon Hill Road (Spring Lake north of SR 50)?  Also, what is the name of your club?
SSQSA #294C
TBRD Racing Team
www.tampabayridindirty.com
www.ridindirtyperformance.com

spectech

Quote from: Slo Poke on September 12, 2008, 10:01:47 AM
Quote from: spectech on September 10, 2008, 10:06:50 AM
The Brooksville race is the 2nd race at this property It is my club that puts it on. You don't want to miss it the whole back section by the lake is my section. Very fast and fun course. It is located off Mundun Hill rd. about 5 miles from croom.

Do you mean Mondon Hill Road (Spring Lake north of SR 50)?  Also, what is the name of your club?

Yes and our club is Suncoast Trailblazers.
07 YFZ'S
Ftr Vet. Quad #8


Spring Hill

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com