best place to live for the hobbies we enjoy

Started by mikeE36, September 04, 2008, 04:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeE36

I've decided I want to pack up and move. Florida seems to restrict everything that I enjoy Atvs, Dirt bikes, Mudding with the trucks and i'm just getting tired of it. The closest place to ride by me is 100 miles away. I love taking out the boat but thats another 30 miles away. I really want to live in a place where I can enjoy my hobbies, living cost are cheap, and the economy is decent. I'm tired of the heat and old people here as well. Any suggestions on where I should start my search. I want property, be somewhere close to offroading spots, and it would be nice if i was a half hour within a decent size lake. I figured I would ask on here because it seems like alot of board members left the state

Fox17

Tennessee or NC. you can ride on the friggin street in some places up there. decent fishing too. you got streams, rivers and lakes. idk where in either of those but you could go up and look for a city or search online. id say if i was leaving it would be to east Tennessee or west NC. maybe north west SC. im not leaving the Confederate States. i havent looked into any where but the south. texas may be cool too. kinda hot though. and still got hurricanes and mexicans.

MudPuppy

Tennessee is Freezing!!!!
I hated it there, I like my heat.
2002 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

VForcedave

I am looking to move to Rome Georgia next June. I have a million reasons why I am moving but the one that concerns this crowd is the lack of free space to enjoy the outdoors the way I want to. That may be on a ATV, buggy, jeep whatever.

Rome Georgia is 1 hour N.W. of Atlanta, at the foothills of the mountains. Good schools, plenty of jobs, good climate, great motorcycle roads, great housing prices etc.

One main reason for the move is www.undergroundweather.com  This seems to be a scary trend that we will have to endure for a long time. Sorry, but destruction and devastation is something I choose to NOT be part of.

Later guys, have to go back to work
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

TurboGSXR

I also belong to another froum site that might help you. It is another ATV website but the users are more diverse.  Check out www.rinconriders.com there are riders from all over the country there.  Maybe ask them the same question?

Good luck and cannot blame you.

Turbo
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

AintSkeered

We own property in SW Georgia on Lake Eufaula. We plan to move there permanently once our youngest(12) is in college because Georgia has the #1 worst public school system in the nation. There's many places to ride ATVs in Georgia. 
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

grizzlefoshizzle

id say up in new york my uncle lives right down the road from a a mudbogg there just now opening hes gonna try to get involved and have some fun
[><]

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 450
stock
2005 Arctic Cat 250
3.0 Winch
25" mudslingers

GrizzlyGator


renmus

NE TN.  The town we have a place at has two riding areas and a MX track.  Not far from Windrock.   

miker

Arizona
You got Ca's dunes, Mountains, Desert, Rocks, Snow, you name it.

backwoods boy

nw north carolina on the border wher tenn. virginia and nc meet my ex-g/f just moved up there while we wer still goin out i went up there w/ her to visit her family they shoot bats off there front porch in the evening for fun all we did was mess around w/ her cousins truck they all got quads you can ride right down the frikken street plus we didnt even see a cop except ''in town''
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: renmus on September 04, 2008, 07:58:37 PM
NE TN.  The town we have a place at has two riding areas and a MX track.  Not far from Windrock.   

And Wautauga lake is HUGE and right down the street from there.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Fox17

Ga is cool but too many sound restrictions. they were givin a lot of pro riders that had training places a hard time.

mikeE36

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 04, 2008, 10:00:56 PM
Quote from: renmus on September 04, 2008, 07:58:37 PM
NE TN.  The town we have a place at has two riding areas and a MX track.  Not far from Windrock.   

And Wautauga lake is HUGE and right down the street from there.

what town is this by? Are there jobs?

mikeE36

Quote from: grizzlefoshizzle on September 04, 2008, 07:38:20 PM
id say up in new york my uncle lives right down the road from a a mudbogg there just now opening hes gonna try to get involved and have some fun

What part of Ny? I'm from that area and would like to go back or mabey PA. I'm going to go this summer and look around for places to live. I really want out of FL

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: mikeE36 on September 05, 2008, 06:05:51 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 04, 2008, 10:00:56 PM
Quote from: renmus on September 04, 2008, 07:58:37 PM
NE TN.  The town we have a place at has two riding areas and a MX track.  Not far from Windrock.   

And Wautauga lake is HUGE and right down the street from there.

what town is this by? Are there jobs?
There is Johnson City, Elizabethton, Bristol, Mountain City, Irwin.This is VERY close to where backwoodsboy was talking about as well. It's under an hr North of Asheville. There is alot of small towns around there. I'm sure you can find work up there
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

apkkfx400

Quote from: AintSkeered on September 04, 2008, 07:26:22 PM
We own property in SW Georgia on Lake Eufaula. We plan to move there permanently once our youngest(12) is in college because Georgia has the #1 worst public school system in the nation. There's many places to ride ATVs in Georgia. 

I've been thinking GA, but having a 4 yr old son and hearing this, looks like I'll have to do some rechecking into!  However, I would like to be only a few hrs from Durhamtown!!!-and other riding spots in NC and TN.

renmus

We saw lots and lots of Now Hiring signs.  The jobs are in the $10 to minimum wage area though.  Of course a tradesman or the like could set up shop.  Same as doctor, lawyer.   There used to be quite a few manufacturing plants.  Levii's pulled out and sent the work to Mexico.  Hanes Brand has a small workforce still in.   It is not a wealthy area, true Bible belt.   If you want beer you have to take a short trip to get it.  NO liquor sold in county.  But how many counties sponsor ATV rodeos here in FL??

NYRAPTOR

most of upstate NY is really nice but jobs are another story. unless you live close to the city. Long Island, ny was really fun growing up considedring i could ride my bicycle to the beach and surf all day long. then in the winter go upstate and snowboard. way too crowded now.

zman03

I would love to move close to croom!!, any suggestions as far as jobs and places to live. I have been to croom atleast 10-15 times and to me this is heaven ,and I have been tryin to find the best place where I can have work and not have to drive 300 miles to ride (I live in miami the place that has nowhere to ride legally for 100 miles) I would move to brookesville but this town has no jobs! and I am use to making 45K+ just to survive!  can yall help me out   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

94Hardbody4x4

Georgia, Tenn, NC, or up near Canada. In some states, you can drive your bike to Wal-Mart.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

mikeE36

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 05, 2008, 09:44:21 AM
Quote from: mikeE36 on September 05, 2008, 06:05:51 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 04, 2008, 10:00:56 PM
Quote from: renmus on September 04, 2008, 07:58:37 PM
NE TN.  The town we have a place at has two riding areas and a MX track.  Not far from Windrock.   

And Wautauga lake is HUGE and right down the street from there.

what town is this by? Are there jobs?
There is Johnson City, Elizabethton, Bristol, Mountain City, Irwin.This is VERY close to where backwoodsboy was talking about as well. It's under an hr North of Asheville. There is alot of small towns around there. I'm sure you can find work up there

i've been to asheville. It was really nice. Seemed like there was alot of neat things around there. Problem is I need to find a job there. Any websites for the legal riding spots, property cheap there?

Da_Mtg_Man

Don't know about websites but I know there are several different riding parks. Property is alot cheaper up there than it is down here.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER